Wurger49

[MOD] Imperial Trexler Armored Marauder Upgrade Modifications, using pieces from two 75311 sets

17 hours ago, LDigital said:

When modded Is this thing the right sort of scale or way off? Just wondering if I Should dip in for 2 sets

I compared this MOD to MOCs on Flickr, width and height are about the same, just the cockpit is slightly shorter. 

After studying Rob van Leeuwen and Papaglop's Marauder MOC turrets, I used the remaining bricks from the two sets to build an alternate turret with SNOT side walls. The stowage bin is now built into the back of the turret, I left it out on the other design due to the surrounding cheese slopes. The gun mounts are interchangable, no tiles are placed on the bar handle plates as they will be taller than the sides turret walls. The two silver 1x1 round plates represent the range finders/sensors on top of the guns. 

Advantages of the new turret:

- round base vs the octagonal base

- cleaner side walls with less different shaped pieces

- stowage bin as on screen. 

Disadvantages of the new turret:

- front and side views look boxy due vertical side walls and vertical back 

- flat tops on side walls

Please let me know what you think and prefer! Either way, you can build both turrets at the same time and move the guns between the two, which is what I am doing. 

51420925211_202632e78b_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

51421180508_9ae404a4f3_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

51421689839_9aaef013e1_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

51420925131_1604ae9699_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

51421910970_4b2226f608_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

51420177622_23d7d11742_c.jpgTurret Comparison by R Y, on Flickr

Edited by Wurger49

Thanks for your work on this, I was lucky enough to find these with a few euro's off so bought 2 and tried to follow your lead as best I could. I wanted to keep the flat light grey tile for the box lids and the 1x1 black round bricks for the mortar's so had to make some modifications.

Great mod and deffo looks a lot better, especially with the modded turret and front guns, thanks again.

11 hours ago, saibot said:

Thanks for your work on this, I was lucky enough to find these with a few euro's off so bought 2 and tried to follow your lead as best I could. I wanted to keep the flat light grey tile for the box lids and the 1x1 black round bricks for the mortar's so had to make some modifications.

Great mod and deffo looks a lot better, especially with the modded turret and front guns, thanks again.

Thank you for letting me know that you were successful in doing this MOD. I used the dark tan tiles for the boxes, as all 4 LBG tiles were used in the vehicles. I left the troops inside the vehicle, so I didn't need more than 1 mortar. 

This is so cool! I appreciate the exploded view pictures to help build it, and can't wait to get a second! I was going to buy two, but hadn't really thought of what to do with two vehicles! Now I have a solution! I will definitely build this when I can! Thanks for the great work!

11 hours ago, GrandEmperorBinks said:

This is so cool! I appreciate the exploded view pictures to help build it, and can't wait to get a second! I was going to buy two, but hadn't really thought of what to do with two vehicles! Now I have a solution! I will definitely build this when I can! Thanks for the great work!

thank you! let me know if you have any questions. They are now around $50. 

17 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

thank you! let me know if you have any questions. They are now around $50. 

Yeah, which I'm glad for. I'll see if i can get a second on special, I got my first the other day in Target because they had a 20% off sale. Cool to see another Aussie here too!

I finally picked up this set today and really, really enjoyed building it. The figures are fantastic too. It’s a really good set.

I thought now that I have built the original that I would be able to look at your images and definitely understand what  I needed to do to copy this design and I’m still not sure I could actually do it.

If you had the fully built original, in what order would you tackle it? Should it be started from scratch or handled like a mod?

Edited by LDigital

10 hours ago, LDigital said:

I finally picked up this set today and really, really enjoyed building it. The figures are fantastic too. It’s a really good set.

I thought now that I have built the original that I would be able to look at your images and definitely understand what  I needed to do to copy this design and I’m still not sure I could actually do it.

If you had the fully built original, in what order would you tackle it? Should it be started from scratch or handled like a mod?

Do you have a 2nd set to build this MOD? I would recommend build it up from the official lego set, no point disassemble everything.