RocketBoy

Final Episode Results, and the End of Season 1

48899553746_d981561015_b.jpg
Welcome to the end of Episode IX: Dark Before Dawn, and with it, the end of Star Wars Factions: Season 1. Thank you for participating, you have been a part of making Factions what it is. 

Epilogue | Aftermath of the Outer Rim Sieges

Spoiler

800x400.jpg

More than three standard years have passed since the Battle of Jakku brought about the end of the Galactic Civil War.
The ensuing peace treaty between the New Republic and Imperial Remnant gave the galaxy the first true hope of peace in forty years. 

After many months, the Remnant had proved its intention to honor the Concordance. With no enemies to fight, the massive New Republic Starfleet was eventually deemed unnecessary by the Senate, and was reduced to a fraction of its wartime military strength. The message was clear: the New Republic supported every systems' right to independence and self-governance. It would not become a new authoritarian regime.

Most of the Imperial survivors did honor the treaty, respecting the boundaries of their allotted space and launching no new offensives on the Republic. But in the shadows, away from the Republic's watchful intelligence, several rogue remnants grew in secret. Bound by their desire to destroy the Republic, the remnants unified under the banner of the IMPERIAL TRIUMVIRATE, and attracted the young, the bitter, and the zealous to their flag. The Triumvirate grew strong and conquered many star systems, until the time had come for a manifesto. A new campaign; something the galaxy could not ignore.

The Outer Rim Sieges: brutal scenes of conflict between Empire and Alliance, the worst the galaxy had seen since Jakku. Kowak, Bastion, and Telos IV were scorched by all-out warfare, and while the New Republic--heavily reinforced by allied factions--won clear victories on Bastion and Telos IV, the sieges of Kowak and Iridonia are catastrophic. On Kowak, the jungles burn with Imperial fire. Proud Iridonia is turned into so much desert rubble.

During the sieges, a Triumvirate retrieval team finally located the missing Triumvir, Moff Barthol, in the abandoned Imperial facilities of Vjun. Few know what truly happened on the remote, desolate world, but the Moff was not among the survivors.

Then it began: a shifting of the tides. 

Without warning or explanation, Imperial ships turned on one another or disappeared outright. The Imperial invasion forces became splintered and confused. Were they betrayed? Were there Republic cells inside their ranks? Was it an Imperial coup? No one had answers.
The New Republic and Allied forces pressed the advantage, engaging the Triumvirate across core and colony worlds and finally landing troops on Iridonia, where they broke the invasion after three ferocious days of fighting.

The Unity, the New Republic's remaining Starhawk battleship, led a crisis fleet of freedom fighters, Mandalorians, and the Black Sun into battle against the weakened remnant. The Battle of Iridonia leaves the Imperial Triumvirate forever changed: a large portion of the fleet is destroyed outright, including the flagship ISD Resurrector. The invasion forces are decimated, and the survivors flee to fight another day.
Over one standard week, the Imperial Triumvirate went from the most dangerous threat to in the galaxy to a routed beast, last seen fleeing into the darkness of Unknown Space.   

In the aftermath of the fight, the New Republic senate expresses deep gratitude to the many beings that risked their lives fighting against the Triumvirate. 
While every faction recognized the threat the Empire posed, some also took advantage of war's opportunity to gain for themselves. Regardless, the Allied forces are rewarded for their courage with the prize of a once-more broken Empire, and a once-more peaceful galaxy. 

For every being who fought, the war's end is reward enough. The Triumvirate rebuilds its strength, while the New Republic renews its commitment to securing a prosperous galaxy for all.

And billions of lives continue on thousands of worlds, in the dawn of a new era.

To be continued in Season 2

Letter from the GMs

Spoiler

End Credits!
Thank you to everyone who's been part of Factions and has enjoyed the building, storytelling, and strategizing of the last 3 years, during what we're now calling Season 1. It was a wild time, and the game has grown a lot in a lot of different ways. We're now entering what we've been calling an Interim period. It will be a nice break after the climax of Season 1, and a time for us to focus on developing Season 2.

Going into this break, we (the GMs) wanted to pull back the curtain on our vision for Season 2. We're well aware that certain aspects of Factions have been...confusing to players, new and old alike. While you can always just focus on building and let your Faction Leader handle the rules side of things, we want to grow players into becoming Faction Leaders themselves. 
Our goal is to make the core rules not only simple enough to understand, but also presented in such a way that they are easier for players to learn. We also hope to deepen the gameplay with new mechanics that will give players more options for their stories and strategy, and, again, present these as clearly as possible without distracting from the core of the game. We want to pull from what worked and learn from what didn't to make Factions a more accessible experience. We hope to involve you in the process wherever possible. (If you want to be part of these conversations, please join us in the Factions Discord!)

We also hope that Factions can become a place for more storytelling. The Star Wars universe is one of the most versatile and free places to tell new stories, and this game can be an excellent platform for you to do that yourself. Season 2's Episodes will be designed to offer you the best storytelling opportunities we can. I (Sam) would love to help you with your ideas or give you a few to get started.

During the interim, we're hoping to announce a few contests and events to keep us all sharp. Also, you can still post builds and gain XP, but Factions can't earn IP or take control of new planets. This way you can wrap up any stories or post any last minute builds. A percentage of each player's XP will be rolling over to Season 2 for placing on the map at the beginning, so it's still worth earning.

Factions means a lot to me: I joined in June of last year, and it quickly became my favorite LEGO community. People helped me grow as a builder, a leader, brought me in and got me involved, and I can easily say that many of you in the Factions community have become my friends.
We are looking forward to all the new possibilities Season 2 provides! It's an exciting new era. Thank you for being apart of everything so far.

May the Force Be With You!

Sam (RocketBoy)

Final Summary and Results

Spoiler

Results for EPISODE IX: Dark Before Dawn 

Top Builds of Episode IX

Spoiler

Category A | The Manhunt

Spoiler

CATEGORY A
Factions

Imperial Triumvirate: 32
CorSec: 14
Clan Eldar: 13
Followers of the Force: 12

Faction Leaders
MarvelBoy: 23
RocketBoy: 8
N1majneb: 6

Players
Karmajay: 14
Wombat544: 8
AyobyteBricks: 5
TalusMoonbreaker: 4
Brickwolf: 2.5

Category B | Vultures in the Mid Rim

Spoiler

CATEGORY B
Faction Leaders and Players
RocketBoy: 17, securing a Mon Calamari space station in Season 2.
Wombat544: 16, securing a Tarisian space station in Season 2.
jodymeyer: 13, securing a space battle Asset in Season 2.

Category C | The Outer Rim Sieges

Spoiler

CATEGORY C

Kowak and its Holocron are claimed by the Imperial Triumvirate.
Bastion and its Holocron are claimed by the Pentastar Alignment
Telos IV and its Holocron are claimed by the Confederacy of Free Systems.

Faction Leaders
Goatman461: 24
RocketBoy: 21
MKJoshA: 17
Darth Bjorn: 16
Denal31: 14
Simulterious: 14
N1majneb: 8
dvogon: 9

Players
jansued: 15
Bucketheadbricks: 15
Shockwave_bricks: 13
Stuartn: 12
jodymeyer: 10
pombe: 9
Ayobyte Bricks: 6
Ekule: 6
Brickwolf: 5
TalusMoonbreaker: 5
Commander Aufik: 5
The British Brixter: 3
williambrickalliance: 3

1280x1280.jpg

Top Builds of All Time

Total Faction XP 
The Imperial Triumvirate: 4042 IP
CorSec: 2326 IP
Confederacy of Free Systems: 1877 IP
The Black Sun: 1798 IP
Clan Eldar: 1207 IP
Followers of the Force: 758 IP
Pentastar Alignment: 742 IP
The Mining Guild: 538 IP
The Commenor Remnant: 411 IP
The Socorro Trade Guild: 295 IP

Total Faction Leader XP (Top 10)
Darth Bjorn: 1210
goatman461: 822
MKJoshA: 779
marvelBoy123: 730
RocketBoy: 667
Dvogon: 549
Ross Fisher: 467
Simulterious: 353
n1majneb: 318

Total Player XP (Top 20)
ARKUM ELO: 248
Stuartn: 194
pombe: 174
Professor thaum: 133
Brickwolf: 124
Karmajay: 85
Ninja Nin: 84
starwarcam: 78
Nicotoa: 75
jansued: 74
Jody Meyer: 71
Lamborghini Waffle Sauce: 62
Commander Aufik: 60
Macropus: 59
Miscellanabuilds: 55
JShortForJay: 48
DarthsDonuts: 54
AyobyteBricks: 40
Fenghuang0296: 36
Bociephus: 34

Final Holocron Count

Imperial Triumvirate: 7 (Virgilia 7, Iridonia, Kalist VI, Devaron, Gorse, Svivren, Kowak)
Pentastar Alignment: 2 (Muunilinst, Bastion)
Followers of the Force: 2 (Jedha, Korriban)
Clan Eldar: 1 (Ziost)
Black Sun: 1 (Tython)
CFS: 1 (Telos IV)

200x200.jpg

Tempered, Stronger, Victorious! 
The Imperial Triumvirate ends the season holding the most Holocrons, winning the Holocron Hunt.
The Triumvirate is rewarded with first pick of starting territory in Season 2.

Factions will be given their choice of a starting Asset in Season 2 for each Holocron they control.
(These Assets can also be earned in other ways.)

Season 2

Spoiler

Thank you to everyone! We'll share more soon.
See you all in Season 2.

Edit: Season 2 Info Drops

800x535.png

Edited by RocketBoy

Great job! Thanks for all the hard work by faction leaders and GMs. Looking forward to season 2!

I would like to give a special shout-out to all the CorSec players. Four of them made it into the top 20 XP chart. @karmajay was the top Cat A player. @Jody Meyer was one of only 3 people to go for Cat B. And @jansued was the top player for Cat C! You guys have made Factions a great place. Keep up the great work!

Great job! I've been following along on the sidelines and have really enjoyed seeing this community grow. Looking forward to Season 2!

3 hours ago, Bociephus said:

Great job! I've been following along on the sidelines and have really enjoyed seeing this community grow. Looking forward to Season 2!

Looking forward to what you build in S2! We'd love to have you back in CorSec :wink:

On 8/12/2021 at 2:30 PM, MKJoshA said:

Looking forward to what you build in S2! We'd love to have you back in CorSec :wink:

I stopped doing New Republic builds for now, but I've been doing a lot of post-ROTJ Mandalorian builds and Clone Wars builds. Hopefully, I can fit my building style into Season 2 better. Regardless, CorSec is still home for me :)

Edited by Bociephus