Chapter XIV 
Chapter XV

Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX (you are here)
Chapter XXI

Lady Cora read “Lost at Sea” by Captain Argentum’s name in the paper and fainted.  When she came to she went and climbed a tree, since that was a place where no one would look for her and she could decide on a course of action without fear of interruption.

bDl2n2rvVvXYa5uxr5xxE66HlqWpbS-metaTGFkeSBDb3JhIC0gQ29weS5KUEc%3D-___media_library_original_1152_648.jpg

To be continued...

All right, needless to say I didn't build this whole scene just so Lady Cora could meditate in a tree... :grin:  It was part of a Summer Joust collaboration.  But, there were lots of trees and this was my plan for the next "vignette" anyway.

2021%207-31%2C%20Waterwheel%20%281%29.png

I regret how little of the roof you can see in the main pictures.  There's a lot of intricate stuff going on to get those As!

uosJg9N3crW4lBFGEmJV6WR9E0yY11-metaMjAyMSA3LTMxLCBXYXRlcndoZWVsIChjbG9zZXVwKS5KUEc%3D-___media_library_original_1152_864.jpg

This kind of waterwheel scene has been on my to-build list for quite a while, and it turned out very close to how I was envisioning it.  There are a whole ton of leaves in this scene and the layout is a little funny in order to get that bend in the river--there are some behind the scenes shots on my blog.

I also tried out a new (I think?) technique for the tree trunks.  I wanted to get the effect of knots with those round upside down donut tiles.  I think it did a fairly good job of breaking up the square trunk, but I'd be glad to hear second opinions on that!

VaoG2fqkCU0IAVcWwKjbRoS5PNl3It-metaMjAyMSA3LTMxLCBXYXRlcndoZWVsICgyKS5qcGc%3D-___media_library_original_1099_618.jpg

The next chapter will go back to the vignettes to show what it is that Lady Cora decided to do... :pir-grin:

C&C welcome!

Edited by Kai NRG

I love the forced perspective, the micro mill, and the frame around the second picture. I think the technique on the tree trunk works. Very cool build all around! :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I love the forced perspective, the micro mill, and the frame around the second picture. I think the technique on the tree trunk works. Very cool build all around! :thumbup:

seconded, lovely one

Very beautiful photos. The scenario is so good that even the angular, square tree trunks don't bother me. I like the colorful landscape with the trees, the river and the water mill. Looks good as you Lady Cora have placed on the tree. The square tree trunks look a little better with those round upside down donut tiles.

Just lovely! One can never use enough foliage!!! And I wish I could take such photos myself! You make it look so easy!!!

On 8/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks!  :pir-classic:

On 8/3/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Exceptional. Your whole collab went very well. Kudos to you!

Thank you!  Glad you enjoyed the whole collab, it was great to participate with such awesome builders. 

On 8/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, Professor Thaum said:

seconded, lovely one

Thanks Professor! 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:42 PM, NOD said:

Very beautiful photos. The scenario is so good that even the angular, square tree trunks don't bother me. I like the colorful landscape with the trees, the river and the water mill. Looks good as you Lady Cora have placed on the tree. The square tree trunks look a little better with those round upside down donut tiles.

Thank you!  It's great to hear that the donut tiles worked for you.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:25 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Just lovely! One can never use enough foliage!!! And I wish I could take such photos myself! You make it look so easy!!!

This one actually had a lot of postprocessing to get the focus right!  It's a combination of two photos each with the focus in a different place.  But I did find this particular build easy to photograph, it has a wide variety of colors so there wasn't anything messing with the balance.

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Very fine forced perspective. What else could be said? :pir-grin:

Thanks Captain!  Forced perspective is always a challenge, so glad you think it turned out well!

On 8/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, evancelt said:

Wonderful atmosphere! Nice job!

Thanks evancelt!