With Major Brickford away leading the expeditionary forces on Terraversa with Colonel Allcock, Captain Keats was left in charge of the fledgling settlement at Brickford Landing.

When Keats heard shots to the east, he hurriedly loaded his pistol and rallied nearby men to accompany him in the direction of the sound. As much of Brickford Landing was still dense jungle, the beach provided the easiest route of travel.

Coming upon two of his men, the Captain asked for a report. He learned that two unknown men in plainclothes had been sneaking along the edge of the eastern picket. Corlander forces had asked them to identify themselves and the men had fired upon them. The Corrington men returned fire, killing one of the assailants and wounding the other, who they now had under guard.

Following an initial attempt at interrogation, it became clear the prisoner didn't speak much of the Corlander tongue. Bringing in a villager to help translate, Captain Keats could tell from the translated questions that the man spoke Lotii natively.

What were the Lotii doing scouting out Brickford Landing? Keats immediately tripled the perimeter guard.

brickford-landing-beach-1.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-2.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-3.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-4.jpg

--------------------

OOC: I wanted to bring attention back to the fact that Corrington is still at war with the Lotii, and figured this would be a fun way :pir-grin:

Also wanted to use two new KTown Bricks minifigs I got recently: a redcoat officer and a browncoat

BTS:

Spoiler

I'm a big fan of ring lights for providing easy cheap lighting for photos. One downside of them is sometimes a ring-shaped glare appears on the subject! This time I tried using masking tape to attach printer paper to the ring lights and that helped diffuse the light (and light shape!) further.

brickford-landing-beach-proc-1.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-proc-2.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Nice beach scenario. I like the many plants. The story gets interesting with the Lotii.

I really love the colour usage in this build. Bright, colourful, but realistic too. My only complaint is about the brown brick at the back of the build. Not sure what it's supposed to be, but it sticks out a lot.

7 hours ago, NOD said:

Nice beach scenario. I like the many plants. The story gets interesting with the Lotii.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I really love the colour usage in this build. Bright, colourful, but realistic too. My only complaint is about the brown brick at the back of the build. Not sure what it's supposed to be, but it sticks out a lot.

Thanks!

The brown brick is actually some dark orange curved slopes. Bummer that it showed up as a brown 1x2 brick in some of the shots!

Here are some pics of the build where you can see the slopes. The water is medium azure, dark azure, and turquoise covered in trans-clear tiles. I tried to get a good reflection on the water using lights. The jungle is a mix of greens (bright grn, olive, dark green, lime, green). The beach is tan, dark tan, bright light yellow, nougat, and coral.

brickford-landing-beach-build-1.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-build-2.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-build-3.jpg

brickford-landing-beach-build-4.jpg

Edited by evancelt

13 minutes ago, evancelt said:

The brown brick is actually some dark orange curved slopes. Bummer that it showed up as a brown 1x2 brick in some of the shot!

Ah yeah, I see! You're right, it is a shame. They work well in your third picture. Maybe termite mounds? Wish we could see more of them.

Nice foliage and definitely great use of custom and not minifigs! Who knew one could find a browncoat that isn't stickered these days...! :pir-huzzah2:

One could argue that he is over-printed but it blends so well here (along with the English officer(?) torso) that makes the whole build pop!

A really effective transition from the water to the sand. Great little patrol report to carry the story along

Wonderful build! The foliage is great, particularly the palm leaves used as grass/plants. And thank you for sharing your build process for the beach. I always appreciate seeing how others get the effects they do. :thumbup:

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 12:31 AM, evancelt said:

OOC: I wanted to bring attention back to the fact that Corrington is still at war with the Lotii, and figured this would be a fun way :pir-grin:

It is, and I'm ashamed to admit I had forgotten this! :pir-oh:

Aside from the minifigure activity, it's a really pleasant scene, with great colors.  I especially like how you threw in some touches of light yellow and coral in the sand.

Where's that double molded pirate hat+hair from?  I knew there was one in black--have one, in fact--but didn't realize it existed in brown and blond.  Barracuda Bay?

On 8/2/2021 at 1:16 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice foliage and definitely great use of custom and not minifigs! Who knew one could find a browncoat that isn't stickered these days...! :pir-huzzah2:

One could argue that he is over-printed but it blends so well here (along with the English officer(?) torso) that makes the whole build pop!

Yeah Im not sure how I feel about their printing going onto the legs (seems overkill), but I like the diversity

On 8/2/2021 at 6:03 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

A really effective transition from the water to the sand. Great little patrol report to carry the story along

Thanks!

On 8/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful build! The foliage is great, particularly the palm leaves used as grass/plants. And thank you for sharing your build process for the beach. I always appreciate seeing how others get the effects they do. :thumbup:

It is, and I'm ashamed to admit I had forgotten this! :pir-oh:

Thanks! The palm leaves coming from the ground was inspired by @Gideon's jungle temple build. They are attached to a 3L bar clipped into a modified tile w/ clip.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, Kai NRG said:

Aside from the minifigure activity, it's a really pleasant scene, with great colors.  I especially like how you threw in some touches of light yellow and coral in the sand.

Where's that double molded pirate hat+hair from?  I knew there was one in black--have one, in fact--but didn't realize it existed in brown and blond.  Barracuda Bay?

Thanks! The brown tricorn with hair is indeed from PoBB: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67043pb02&name=Minifigure, Hair Combo, Hair with Hat, Long Hair with Ponytail and Reddish Brown Tricorne Hat Pattern&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}