Sign in to follow this  
Dammtuss

[MOC] AT-TE and LAAT/i in 1:125 scale

Hi! During this summer I've gotten back into building with and designing Lego creations after several years abscence. Two of the first MOCs that I designed are these two. Both of the models are built in the scale of 1:125, meaning that one stud equals one meter (just over three feet). The AT-TE consists of 152 pieces, and the LAAT/i of 198. The AT-TE features rotating guns and (somewhat) poseable legs. The LAAT/i features an opening rear ramp, "sliding" (moveable) side doors, rotating guns and is capable of holding up to ten microfigs. Both xig_brick and ridgedbrick over on Instagram have been huge sources of inspiration.

51347505871_c9dbb5fc1a_c.jpg

51346780617_56c30fa321_c.jpg

51348257164_b92eb765d9_c.jpg

51346784972_5c0490e798_c.jpg

If you would like to see more images of these models, or have a look on some of my other work, please check out my Instagram or Flickr.

Best Regards,

Dammtuss (a.k.a. Björnbrorsan)

Edited by Dammtuss

Brilliant work, both are genius. I would love to see an LAATc to go alongside these models, do you have any intentions of producing instructions for these masterpieces

10 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Brilliant work, both are genius. I would love to see an LAATc to go alongside these models, do you have any intentions of producing instructions for these masterpieces

Thanks, glad you like them. :classic: I did start some work on the LAAT/c, however, I didn't finish it. But I might start working on it again and finish it. I haven't made any instructions as of yet, but if there is some interest then I might do that.

I did the same thing around 10 years ago; I ended up building a midi-scale LAAT/c after building both an LAAT/i and AT-TE.

But yours is excellent.

LAATi & LAATc

Edited by gotoAndLego

23 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I did the same thing around 10 years ago; I ended up building a midi-scale LAAT/c after building both an LAAT/i and AT-TE.

But yours is excellent.

Those look great, now I feel like I really should make the LAAT/c to go with the others. Might have a go at it after I finish the SU-35 to go along with my JAS Gripen E fighter.

18 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

So cute. The stud/plate/nano-figs are outstanding!

Thanks, I'm really pleased with them. I took inspiration from 3studman over on Instagram, but went with a different design for the "arms" and weapons. :classic:

Very cool models, really like the AT-TE.

Interesting to see how you can recognize characters using only 6 little parts. :laugh:

On 8/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, -Broadside- said:

Very cool models, really like the AT-TE.

Interesting to see how you can recognize characters using only 6 little parts. :laugh:

Thanks! Yeah it's my favorite of the two too, really like the angles of it. :classic: And I really enjoyed designing the microfigs, made myself quite a few Jedis – might try and feature some of them in my upcoming builds (Ahsoka might fancy some good Droid bashing). :grin:

One suggestion I’d make is that the wing ball laser-turrets didn’t hold a person so they shouldn’t be be transparent.