Sign in to follow this  
n1majneb

[Factions IX - Cat B][N7 - Taris - CE] A Daring Chase

*This entry has earned 16 XP and a Tarisian Space Station*

A Daring Chase - Taris

A red laser just barely missed the right wing. Further ahead, the much larger Kom'rk shuttle drifted sluggishly between asteroids as the pair of ships fled the station. Behind, a nimble, winged ship pursued, firing angry, red lasers into the asteroids around them.

'We need to get this information to the Alliance,' Naruun said matter-of-factly. 'We also need to make that rendezvous on Bastion.'

'Keep going,' Hayk said plainly. 'I'll keep this guy occupied, and I'll meet up with you at Bastion. I'll jump into one of our secret hyperlanes as soon as you are clear.'

As soon as the ships emerged from the ring around Lah'mu, the Kom'rk launched forwards, entering hyperspace.

Hayk began entering calculations into his navigation system, whilst trying to evade the ship which vaguely resembled a Tie fighter, as he tried to plot a faster route away from Lah'mu. The first route that would connect took him in a direction towards Taris. Hayk decided he would head that way to lose his pursuer, then circle around and retrace his steps.

The pilot of the TIE craft swooped around the last asteroid as he came out of Lah'mu's ring. Though he didn't yet have a lock on his prey, he fired a few shots at the agile, three-winged V-19 in front of him. Just as he was gaining a lock on his target, a small blip on his console flickered and beeped, indicating that the ship was about to jump to hyperspace. It was now that he noticed a crude hyperdrive strapped onto the starfighter. The pilot pressed a button, and his craft extrapolated the jump coordinates from the other ship. Taris? Why was this ship going to Taris when the other had left towards Bastion? It also occurred to the pilot that both ships were jumping to hyperspace very close to Lah'mu, which was far from any known hyper-routes. The pilot double-checked his computer's hyperspace trajectories, and, when the other fighter blinked away at a ludicrous speed, the pilot activated the hyperdrive on his own ship.

Spoiler

Additional build images:

V-19 and Tie Predator

-

V-19 Torrent

-

Tie Predator

-

V-19 Torrent

N.B. Posting on behalf of @Wombat544

Edited by goatman461

Nice - both ships are really good, but as a true imperial, I must say that TIE is magnificent! The wings are great, and that solution for the front is really interesting!