Hello, I have almost finished recreation of this set and I have some photos in the process of creating, so this is a small WIP

5550_main.jpg?1512434530

5550_Set_remake.jpg

Edited by Agent 00381

It's one of my favourite model team sets, but where are the work in progress pics?

Looking forward to seeing a few photos of your model :) Remember: you must have some of your own content to show if you want to start a topic. Curious to see what you're making from this set for the contest :)

So, the first thing I had done was the chassis with steering (working steering wheel and HOG), fake V6 and rear suspension

AmdfBKBkRcY.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

Then I started making the back part, but now I don't like it, so I'll remake it.  3gQpRqnkNLM.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

I decided to make the front part with a small angle of the hood to give the car aerodynamics and design. Yes, I changed yellow to red, cause I haven't got enough parts in the original color.BpxFY6Qz0tM.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

Then I completely made the front part. I tried to put forward the headlights more similar to the original, but they look a little strange. I think the front of the car turned out to be quite beautifulgMjXj_dl_PA.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96XNKWWDV8qwI.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

I don't like this approach to the windshield frame, but apart from this, the model looks really good.

Why is the engine loose though so you had to use rubber band there? Is the crankshaft touching something so you decided to mount the whole engine loosely or is it intentional for the effect of engine moving?

2 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I don't like this approach to the windshield frame, but apart from this, the model looks really good.

Why is the engine loose though so you had to use rubber band there? Is the crankshaft touching something so you decided to mount the whole engine loosely or is it intentional for the effect of engine moving?

The black bars simply indicate where the glass borders are, because in the original the A-pillar is the door and the transparent part to convey the shapes of the glass

This is a video of the prototype, now the engine is firmly fixed. The rubber is used to rotate the steering wheel

4 hours ago, Agent 00381 said:

This is a video of the prototype, now the engine is firmly fixed. The rubber is used to rotate the steering wheel

woah, nice idea - I should use it in some build :)

I like how his turned out. The red, black, and white looks sharp, and I like the inclusion of the transversal V6 in the front. You did great on the body shape as well, so it's instantly recognizable. 

Looks good - you really captured the shape of the original.  It reminds me of the A-Team van - a few small changes and a recolor are all that would be needed to make that one out of this.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, Jundis said:

Really nice studless remake!

BUT: Where are the side mirrors? :D

The future has come! Let's think that there are screens inside that display the image from the cameras :grin:

On 8/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, Hrafn said:

Looks good - you really captured the shape of the original.  It reminds me of the A-Team van - a few small changes and a recolor are all that would be needed to make that one out of this.

That's good idea!

DSC_0254_1.JPG

Some photos. More you can see in my inst: 

Features:

• Steering by HOG(the wheel on the roof) and steering wheel
  • Rear wheel drive
  • Rear suspension
  • V6 fake engine
  • Opening hood and all doors
  • Identical to the original size (1 stud wider)

go-y5MNKAEg.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96W2JuxbqnHBk.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96d_5pnQjxFJk.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96Lac04UiaxdU.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96qMZoZNd6_z8.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96aDT0iq-Cavg.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=96Vs8llDwIUco.jpg?size=1080x1080&quality=9Tgs1jlRDuQg.jpg?size=1079x896&quality=96

Edited by Agent 00381