Sign in to follow this  
mesterjester

Arduino controlled PoweredUp train motor

Hello!

I tried searching this and did not see what I was looking for.  I wanted to know if anyone had started controlling the PoweredUp train motors using an Arduino and a motor controller similar to how the Arduino controls the Power Function motors in these tutorials:

https://arduinolegotrains.wordpress.com/

I see stuff where people are using Arduino libraries but still using the PoweredUp battery box and using Bluetooth for commands, but that isn't what I wanted to do.  Can someone point me to a thread where this has been figured out?  

Apologies if my search skills weren't good enough to find this.  The threads coming up when searching Arduino and poweredup didn't seem to have the info I was looking for.

Jesse

You could connect the outputs of the motor driver to pins 1 & 2 on the PU train motor cable.  You don't need to connect pins 3-6 since you don't have to ID the PU device to your motor driver (nor do your motor driver care).

l298n.jpg

Awesome!  That was what I needed! (I'm not an electrical guy so that side of things always leaves me confused, but I understand that programming side).