Sign in to follow this  
Carefree_Dude

Has anyone here tried a train simulator?

So, I do gaming as well as lego, and I noticed the game "Train Sim World 2" is currently free on the Epic Game Store. 

I got it, and played a bit, and the amount of detail on the trains is pretty great, and I feel that a simulator like this can help give inspiration for MOCs and layouts. 

So, I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this, but the game is free for the next week from epic game store, and it could be a good opportunity to find some inspiration. 

Edited by Carefree_Dude

I've never really played a train simulator, but since Red Dead Redemption 2 came out (me being a wild west fan, I had to try it), I really enjoyed riding the steamer that was available in that game. Good to know about this game though. Will check it out. Thanks! :thumbup:

I have a game from the Japanese series Densha De GO!! which uses a special train controller (with speed and brake controls) It's very cool and recommended for anyone who likes trains enough!!! I will admit that the game is very difficult and requires lots of practice to complete missions.

If you've ever tried Pilotwings on SNES or N64, it's a bit like that. 

tbh, the only time I tried a rail simulator was with Trainz on iPhone, though I've seen content made in Trainz and the like, including TTTE content.