Quietude

Quietude

“Close your eyes for a moment and cherish the dark. Can you feel the warmth of the sun? Can you feel the gentle touch of the blowing wind? Can you feel the waves moving up and down, washing the sand and taking away all your worries?

With eyes closed, stare into the horizon. Embrace your past and face your future. Know that what is done cannot be changed, only accepted. And what lays beyond is your destiny, waiting to be written. One step. One stone at a time.

What do you see?”

“I see a little farm. Pine trees in a distance. Apples and cherries as well. Horses galloping free. I see water. Running, falling, washing the land anew. I see a thin breath of air swirling up, dancing out of a chimney. The air smells of rosemary bread. I can hear the bells ringing with the stroll of a cow. Feels like home. And I cannot wait to go inside. Someone is expecting me. Someone I have missed for so, so long.

I open the door. There is a woman by the heath, curled in a wool blanket. Next to her, a furry thing coiled like a pretzel.

“Is it a chicken?”
“No! It’s a dog!”
“Aw. Who is she?”
“The most beautiful woman I have ever seen.”

Her big brown eyes glistened, reflecting the world painted gold. 

Staring at me, I saw beyond every mountain and every sea. I saw the future I would pursue with every heartbeat.

Louis of Nutwood

Summer Joust, Category 12x12
Hope you like it.
Skol!

Edited by Louis of Nutwood

On 7/26/2021 at 6:36 PM, jtooker said:

Great techniques in this little MOC.  Looks very picturesque.

Super glad you liked it, JTooker! In such a small footprint, every stud counts. Thanks for the support, fellow wanderer!

A great micro, I mentioned the water technique around the edges somewhere else but I'll mention it here again, not a technique I've seen before and it looks really neat!  Great use of sideways building throughout but especially on the base of the windmill!

Very nice, good proportions and balance.
Looks very tranquil.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Niku said:

Very nice, good proportions and balance.
Looks very tranquil.

I'm thrilled you liked it, Niku! I was going for a tranquil look, so I'm happy to have it resonating with you. Cheers!

On 7/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, Kai NRG said:

A great micro, I mentioned the water technique around the edges somewhere else but I'll mention it here again, not a technique I've seen before and it looks really neat!  Great use of sideways building throughout but especially on the base of the windmill!

Really glad you liked it, Kai! Techniques here are simple, but effective. I'm just happy you enjoyed it. Cheers, brother.

8 hours ago, Servertijd said:

lovely micro Louis! the house, the windmill, the rockwork, it flows perfectly.

I'm flattered you liked it, Servertijd. I went for a peaceful and tranquil look, and I'm glad it convinces.
Cheers, bud!

thought I already commented, but very clean build, and very nicely done downscaling, the micro elements work very well together

On 8/8/2021 at 6:33 PM, Spader said:

hought I already commented, but very clean build, and very nicely done downscaling, the micro elements work very well together

You're too kind, Spader. Thanks again for stopping by. I really appreciate your support. Glad you liked it. Cheers, lad!

On 8/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, Grover said:

Nice little micro!  The rockwork is quite nice.

So glad you liked it, Grover. I set myself a challenge to achieve some different angles with the rockwork, and I'm happy with the result, too. Cheers! And thanks for the support.