Mandalorianknight

Star Wars TIE Fighter collection MOC

On 7/26/2021 at 10:54 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Let me know what you think of these mocs, and please give suggestions as to which TIEs I should make next in this style.

I love the concept. The TIE Bomber is my favourite I think. Though the Advanced is also really nice. The studded look is underrated IMHO. Would you say the models are suitable for children? They look all solid enough.

4 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Fantastic collection, I REALLY like that you've made them in the System retail style with all of the standard play features, rather than the (albeit incredibly impressive) overly realistic ones that so many others produce for display purposes. These prove how easily Lego themselves could produce these classic fighters and makes them feel far more achievable in replicating.

Curious though, how come you didn't reference the 2016 Darth Vader's TIE from 75150 in your Advanced build, which I thought was a great little set in the spirit of the Solo TIE Fighter?

Because I forgot it existed. :laugh: Looking at it, it's a solid set, but it builds the wings more like the TIE striker set with a grey plate sandwiched between black plates, wheres I tried to do the solo style of having the grey edges with SNOT bricks. 

4 hours ago, Tom_Brick said:

I love the concept. The TIE Bomber is my favourite I think. Though the Advanced is also really nice. The studded look is underrated IMHO. Would you say the models are suitable for children? They look all solid enough.

The bomber 100% is, I've built and swooshed it around, and it hasn't broken off at all. The interceptor, though, isn't nearly as stable. I haven't built the advanced IRL so I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say it's similar to the stability of the bomber.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:21 AM, Tom_Brick said:

800x600.jpeg

I deliberately made these a bit larger than minifig scale because that feels more adequate for a minifig sitting inside the cockpit. However, when standing next to it, a minifig will look way too tiny in relation, given that it doesn't have lower legs.

That white TIE with the Halo Energy sword looking wings looks so cool, what is the name of it

That's a Chiss claw craft from the old Expanded Universe. Grand Admiral Thrawn is Chiss.