Sign in to follow this  
Ransom Fern

[MOC] Gundam Barbatos

Woah that's some mighty geometry. Wonderful shoulders and perfect extensive use of those pentagonal 2x3 tiles!

Those shoulders are genius, and I like the chest and calf (...?) angled areas.

For the build itself, I don't know Gundam world too well, but I like this variant far more than the classic one. Looks more dynamic and believable, like a high-speed exosuit. Classic gundam always felt to me like it was toy adapted for screen usage.
I envy how you can not worry about covering the joints. Normally when you build figures of "live" creatures you can't have exposed joints, but on a mecha/exosuit those are perfectly understandable. Which in turn gives you poseability... awesome!

On 7/26/2021 at 10:54 PM, Lego David said:

Amazing work! So much details!

Thanks, I’m glad you like it!

On 7/27/2021 at 1:48 AM, Roses said:

Woah that's some mighty geometry. Wonderful shoulders and perfect extensive use of those pentagonal 2x3 tiles!

I thought my first order was excessive but I needed to to one more order to cover how many of those tiles I need

10 hours ago, Jerac said:

Those shoulders are genius, and I like the chest and calf (...?) angled areas.

For the build itself, I don't know Gundam world too well, but I like this variant far more than the classic one. Looks more dynamic and believable, like a high-speed exosuit. Classic gundam always felt to me like it was toy adapted for screen usage.
I envy how you can not worry about covering the joints. Normally when you build figures of "live" creatures you can't have exposed joints, but on a mecha/exosuit those are perfectly understandable. Which in turn gives you poseability... awesome!

Holy cow the Jerac likes my MOC! I love your stuffs! Those shoulders were the bottle neck on the whole thing and it took me forever to figure out! Joints covering is one of the reasons I’ve mostly stayed away from organic builds but when I do, if I do, I hope to be able to do it as well as you do!