ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego AH-64E Apache Guardian, USA Attack Helicopter

The AH-64E features improved digital connectivity, the JTIDS, more powerful T700-GE-701D engines with upgraded face gear transmission to accommodate more power, capability to control UAVs, full IFR capability, and improved landinggear. New composite rotor blades, which successfully completed testing in 2004, increase cruise speed, climb rate, and payload capacity.

51335512807_4707bcb0ab_c.jpg

51335512757_5b3453083b_c.jpg

51336971529_a21e9eb973_c.jpg

51336458983_d9de9cc252_c.jpg

51337242835_546a4c6b7c_c.jpg

51336240011_f5da33b32c_c.jpg

51336459073_c57e04a5b2_c.jpg

Edited by ParmBrick

4 hours ago, SATSOK said:

Very nice m8 :)
i might do the turbines in the sides round ... :innocent2:

Thank you! As for the turbines, it wouldn't have been a bad idea, looking at the pictures, you actually notice that the bottom of the turbines is actually more rounded than the top. I hadn't paid much attention to it. Even if I wanted to, however, I would not know how to achieve this roundness while maintaining the proportions of the turbines themselves, without them becoming too large compared to the aircraft, and also preserving the details inserted. :sceptic: Any ideas? Everything is welcome. When I try to build a moc based on real models I always try to reach the maximum level of detail possible, succeeding at the first time is not possible, but we always try to improve. :wink:

7 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

This. Is. Awesome.

Thank you very much! Sometimes I think I should get hired in some company that deals with custom military mocs, like Brickmania or Armorbrick, I joke of course, there's a lot of talented people out there btw! I remain humble in my corner, and whoever wants to follow me, do it freely!:blush::wink: But, in all honesty, I'm glad my mocs like. Ah, for the record, another bomb is coming, I hope as soon as possible, stay tuned!:wink:

Amazing, will there be instructions? I have been looking for a good apache for some time.

Edited by Guyinaplaguemask
Grammar correction

11 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Amazing, will there be instructions? I have been looking for a good apache for some time.

Glad you like it! Unfortunately no, all my mocs are made on the spot without the aid of programs, only pen and paper, and lots of scribbles xD However, I am always available to anyone for advice and technical support for moc creations :pir-thumb:

2 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Glad you like it! Unfortunately no, all my mocs are made on the spot without the aid of programs, only pen and paper, and lots of scribbles xD However, I am always available to anyone for advice and technical support for moc creations :pir-thumb:

You could try building it in stud.io and using their instruction maker tool

Just some food for thought

Not a big fan of those programs, they have never particularly attracted me, you can call me a boomer, but having all the necessary pieces at hand and seeing your creation slowly grow from nothing is priceless for me. Of course, then you can't have the instructions of that creation available in an emergency or if you want to share them. I'll try to update myself and my capability. Who knows, one day I'll open my own online store :sweet:

6 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, what a fantastic helicopter ... the last photo with the closed blades is amazing! :thumbup:

Thank you a lot pal! Glad you like it! I tried to make it as realistic as possible, but of course it can always be improved.:blush:

On 7/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, Guyinaplaguemask said:

You could try building it in stud.io and using their instruction maker tool

Just some food for thought

There are plenty of photos, you should try building it yourself using all the available images. Parm might even take some additional photos of parts you cant figure out.

Great model by the way.

Edited by gotoAndLego

2 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

There are plenty of photos, you should try building it yourself using all the available images. Parm might even take some additional photos of parts you cant figure out.

Great model by the way.

This is the beauty with Lego, everyone can be inspired by existing models and create their own version, with all the additions and changes that best suit the tastes of the individual. For example, I made this model inspired by 4 models that I found on the internet, among the most viewed and commented on. Then as has been said, if there is a need I am always available!:pir-thumb:
... Thanks to you as well! I'm glad I hit the mark with this moc!:blush: