Old-mf

[MOD] or MOC Made of Two 31120 Sets, No Extra Pieces

Dear Eurobricks builders.

Once 31120 was announced, I was thinking, as many of you, of what could come out of combining 2 or 3 sets, as creator implies and encourages own creations. Then I saw Grand Castle by Wurger49. It is a very detailed mod or upscaling of the original set. By that time I had one copy of the set. So I bought second one and decided to build a castle, but not to stick to the original layout. I could not get rid of the tower corners design, as there are so many l-b-gray 1*1s, plus it looks nice).

It is already a month or so since I finished it. It was partially destroyed 2-3 times by my kids and cats). Now, that our relatives come to visit, I need to free the room and destroy it. I could not do it without taking pictures). So I decided to share them with you. 

I used ONLY pieces from two sets. Though in the pictures there are 4 extra minifigs from the blacksmith (mostly) visiting the castle.

We were waiting for the castle sets so long that I am surprised there are not that many mods.

Castle is build modular. With gate tower, over the river tower, great hall, and several tower/wall sections. I had extra pieces left for a small blacksmith and tree with a well/fountain as side builds. Unfortunately not that much of interior in wall sections.

Link to album https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWgtiojc1.jpg.afea869ff695e1d53487652c277f733e.jpg

Awesome! It is fun to see what you and everyone else is doing with this set (while I wait for it to be available)

Lovely work mate, hope that you will rebuild it after you have space. I enjoyed your tower build, with the wide base, and a narrowing tall tower, top it off with a 8 stud wide 2 level watch platfform. I also liked your plush chair, looked really comfortable. 

I personally would prefer the arrow slots the right way around, and the may be remove the light bluish grey bricks beneath the reddish brown 1x1 round bricked roof. 

Majority of the posters here and on Reddit are from the US, the set isn't out until the 1st Aug, but I have seen people are getting from Walmart like the Star Wars sets, so give it another week to two, we should see more MODs!. 

I dig the asymmetrical layout and the two arches next to each other. Creator castle really showed that a castle line in that style would be something to behold.

17 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

I personally would prefer the arrow slots the right way around...

Majority of the posters here and on Reddit are from the US, the set isn't out until the 1st Aug, so give it another week to two, we should see more MODs!. 

I hesitated a lot how to make the arrow slots. I know it should be way round for better protection. But for some reason it looks much more plesent this way, giving walls depth.

I actually forgot of this year's release dates in US. Plus, believed Eurobricks was more of the European resource. Though I guess it won large popularity overseas. Looking forward for US guys to share their works!

I guess I will not rebuild it same way. It was an interesting task using limited set of bricks, but I am not sure this is worth repeating. Next one will use all my bricks collection)

Funny thing. We got internet shop (in Russia) where this set is 52% off. Even though it is a new set. Guess cause they sell sets with damaged boxes as many comments say. Though both mine were decent.

1 hour ago, Old-mf said:

I hesitated a lot how to make the arrow slots. I know it should be way round for better protection. But for some reason it looks much more plesent this way, giving walls depth.

I actually forgot of this year's release dates in US. Plus, believed Eurobricks was more of the European resource. Though I guess it won large popularity overseas. Looking forward for US guys to share their works!

I guess I will not rebuild it same way. It was an interesting task using limited set of bricks, but I am not sure this is worth repeating. Next one will use all my bricks collection)

Funny thing. We got internet shop (in Russia) where this set is 52% off. Even though it is a new set. Guess cause they sell sets with damaged boxes as many comments say. Though both mine were decent.

haha, what a deal! the best is around 30% off in Australia.