Hello! This time I'm presenting this Volvo car model. Finally, it has a suspension in a small scale - front rubber band one and rear live axle one. There is a buggy motor for propulsion and a Servo for steering. BuWizz 2.0 is powering all the electric functions. The whole body is very sturdy (despite some parts in the front), so it can handle some load. Also, I need to say that the suspension is working pretty realistically to me, so it is a success for me. :) Pretty simple model, but very fun to drive it around! It also was a good challenge to keep it recognisable in such scale. I hope it turned out great and you will like it! :D

Video link:

Photoes:

51332294233_43ae65cb0e_k.jpg

51332084001_8254eada00_k.jpg

51333077660_a22350c152_k.jpg

51332808659_94a6033cb3_k.jpg

51333076315_e4b0692a00_k.jpg

51333075190_b9fe891794_k.jpg

51332806689_5f545b7d6b_k.jpg

51333074345_bb3b2754e6_k.jpg

51332288558_10a899b343_k.jpg

51333072400_26234546cf_k.jpg

51333071885_a100e62d05_k.jpg

51332803404_e5ca265c87_k.jpg

Thank you!

Well done, nice red version of the iconic Volvo design. Indeed recognisable at this small scale, must have been a nice and fun challenge! 

Just now, GerritvdG said:

Well done, nice red version of the iconic Volvo design. Indeed recognisable at this small scale, must have been a nice and fun challenge! 

Thank you very much! 

Nice replication. Recognisable.

Somehow door is not OK, too rounded for that Volvo. Also I miss, that it is not openable.

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

Nice replication. Recognisable.

Somehow door is not OK, too rounded for that Volvo. Also I miss, that it is not openable.

Thanks! I made the door very simple for structure rigidity, so it’s not openable. However, I could do something with the roundness indeed, probably I can make the upper part one stud wider, so there will be place for a straight door, that also will make the roof a little wider, which is also needed, I think.

Nice!  I am working on the same scale right now so I appreciate how tricky bodywork can be - a single stud off makes a difference.  

My family had a Volvo wagon of this vintage when I was a kid - this brings back memories of driving around in that boxy tank of a car.  And of course it lasted forever.

2 minutes ago, Hrafn said:

Nice!  I am working on the same scale right now so I appreciate how tricky bodywork can be - a single stud off makes a difference.  

My family had a Volvo wagon of this vintage when I was a kid - this brings back memories of driving around in that boxy tank of a car.  And of course it lasted forever.

Thanks! I really like building in this scale - pretty challenging yet not that massive. By the way, what car are you working on now? Good luck in building it!

I’m glad this model brought you some memories. :)

2 minutes ago, Danifill said:

Thanks! I really like building in this scale - pretty challenging yet not that massive. By the way, what car are you working on now? Good luck in building it!

I’m glad this model brought you some memories. :)

I have found truth in the psychological finding that telling people what you are going to do makes it less likely you will get it done, so while I am eager to share, it has to wait until the car is done.

I agree it is a challenging scale, but it does help get a decent power to weight ratio for powered models.

Just now, Hrafn said:

I have found truth in the psychological finding that telling people what you are going to do makes it less likely you will get it done, so while I am eager to share, it has to wait until the car is done.

I agree it is a challenging scale, but it does help get a decent power to weight ratio for powered models.

Ok, I see. Sometimes I can change my mind several times about the exterior of a model before the final iteration, or just abandon it, so I get your point. ;)

Interesting to see what you will come up with.

1 minute ago, Agent 00381 said:

Good work, man! I really like the front grille and the suspension test in video. Are you from Russia?

Thank you! Yes, I’m from Russia. :)