Sign in to follow this  
Roses

Radioactive

Post-Apocalyptic Guy

Picked a bunch of lime green buckets off my local pick-a-brick wall months ago. Never found a use for them. I thought they kinda looked like the front of a gas mask, so here's a post-apocalyptic guy to make use of that one piece.

Also found a use for some Inika and Barraki heads for the top of the mask and the shoulders, respectively. Mixing system and constraction - it's a puzzle!

Post-Apocalyptic Guy 4

You can find more pics on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWfT5R9

Or on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRraA1gLZRB/

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Looks like a superhero Villain, very cool!

Thank you! He doesn't look like the friendliest of fellows :classic:

This absolutely amazing, excellent job! I love the torso build, and the weapon accessories are also very creative! I love how one of them sort-of looks like a Nuclear Bomb Mushroom Cloud!

38 minutes ago, Lego David said:

This absolutely amazing, excellent job! I love the torso build, and the weapon accessories are also very creative! I love how one of them sort-of looks like a Nuclear Bomb Mushroom Cloud!

Thank you so much! I tried making a system-based torso at first, but the lack of lime pieces in my parts collection veered me towards basing it out of Bionicle, which I'm glad you like :laugh:

This guy has so much personality. I love the NPU throughout the model and the building technique for the miniature atomic blast. It's always nice to see MOCs that find a use for the exo-force energy disc piece (used for the 'bombs' on their belt). Even the lanternpost looks great!

9 hours ago, Vaiman said:

This guy has so much personality. I love the NPU throughout the model and the building technique for the miniature atomic blast. It's always nice to see MOCs that find a use for the exo-force energy disc piece (used for the 'bombs' on their belt). Even the lanternpost looks great!

Thank you!! I'd love to use the 2x4 light-up bricks from Exo-Force for a MOC some day, they're long gone pieces but they're one of a kind! I'm pretty proud of the lamppost :blush:. Rarely do I get the chance to work at greater-than-minifigure-scale.

Does he carry a sculpture of a nuclear explosion? :D

I so much don't get it. Awesome!

On 8/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, Jerac said:

Does he carry a sculpture of a nuclear explosion? :D

I so much don't get it. Awesome!

Thank you :classic:, it's like a mini explosion he's triggering. It's a bit weird but it looked like a good idea for a prop :tongue: