Sign in to follow this  
Agent 00381

[MOC] Rolls Royce phantom V limousine 1960 James Young series

Ladies and gentlemen, sirs and miladies, I want to introduce you the Rolls Royce phantom V limousine 1960 James Young series!!!
The process of creating this model took more than half a year, and I am very pleased to present you the result. In the model, I made sure that all the functions worked softly and pleasantly, and the body was strong and rigid for torsion and bending.
Chassis Functions:
1. Front independent suspension with caster and convergence
2. Rear axle with Pahnar rod on springs made of pneumatic hoses, height adjustable
3. Turning the wheels using the removable HOG or steering wheel in the cabin.
4. Working "automatic" gearbox. There are D-N-R modes, they are switched by a lever from the passenger compartment, in D mode you can choose one of 4 speeds (movement of the red gear).
5. The work of the fake V8 engine
Functions:
1. Opening all 4 doors
2. Opening of the 2-fold hood
3. Opening of the trunk. There is a lock that supports the trunk in the open position and does not allow it to open spontaneously.
4. Opening the glovebox
5. Folding armrests in front and back
6. Folding additional seats at the rear
7. Rising partition between the driver and the rear passengers.

Instruction

Building process you can see in my inst:

IMG_9045.JPGIMG_9036.JPGIMG_9026.JPGIMG_9051.JPGIMG20210601200705.jpgIMG20210601202149.jpgIMG_9064.JPGIMG20210601202327.jpg

Edited by Agent 00381

Sadly Lego does not have appropriate panels for such cars, only new plastic boxes are doable. That is the reason your work is even better :thumbup:

Can you explain what you meant by "panar traction"?  "Panar" is not an English word as far as I can tell.

18 minutes ago, Hrafn said:

Can you explain what you meant by "panar traction"?  "Panar" is not an English word as far as I can tell.

Its "Panhard rod", sorry, translation difficulties

3 hours ago, Teo LEGO Technic said:

Красивая сборка! : пир-любовь:Прибил цветовую гамму и форму автомобиля. У вас есть фото изнанки?

I searched and was surprised, there are no such photos:sceptic:, but you can see the chassis details here

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CM1SrtjJhF3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Agent 00381

Very nice! I think that's the first time I"ve seen a gearbox of that style put into an actual model!

Perhaps a white 20T bevel gear would make a more attractive steering knob, though they are rare.

Great design. I love the placement of the transmission, the fold down seats, and the two tone colors. The shape is perfect, and the opening hoods are great. Well done!

Congrats on this replica! Great looks and functionality - well done! My only complaint would be the use of rigid hoses but I can see why you've chosen them. Too bad someone has stolen the spirit of extacy on your car :wink::laugh:

I think the front looks pretty good, smooth lines! But the rear doesn't look that good imo. The bodywork looks a bit cluttered and doesn't flow very well.

I like the removable HOG that removes the axle down as well. Not a big fan of the transmission tho. I tried it myself in the past, and it doesn't really run smooth and lacks a reliable mechanism to shift from inside the cabin.

Overall a cool build.

Edited by Gray Gear

On 7/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, T Lego said:

Congrats on this replica! Great looks and functionality - well done! My only complaint would be the use of rigid hoses but I can see why you've chosen them. Too bad someone has stolen the spirit of extacy on your car :wink::laugh:

Maybe spirit is hidden, as on the modern rolls:grin: I just couldn't find the suitable part

Edited by Agent 00381

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I think the front looks pretty good, smooth lines! But the rear doesn't look that good imo. The bodywork looks a bit cluttered and doesn't flow very well.

I like the removable HOG that removes the axle down as well. Not a big fan of the transmission tho. I tried it myself in the past, and it doesn't really run smooth and lacks a reliable mechanism to shift from inside the cabin.

Overall a cool build.

Yes, maybe the the bodywork looks a bit cuttered for you, but there are not so many types of panels in lego and I tried to use them properly to make the model more plump and soapy in the right places. Can you tell me, which places you would like to change and what details you would put there. The same situation with the rear, what details of it you don't like?

About the gearbox: there is not much space inside the hood, so I decided on this layout. The gearbox with a red gear works well if the shafts are spinning, and there is no more compact 4-speed gearbox in lego yet, so we have that we have

@Agent 00381 the area above the rear wheels is the biggest weakspot. Maybe you could remove the small wing panels and use a 3rd flex piece instead to make it look more similar to the front wheelarch design? I know there would be some slight gaps, but I think it could look good.

Edited by Gray Gear

12 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@Agent 00381 the area above the rear wheels is the biggest weakspot. Maybe you could remove the small wing panels and use a 3rd flex piece instead to make it look more similar to the front wheelarch design? I know there would be some slight gaps, but I think it could look good.

Yes, I tried a lot of variations with the panels, that's the best. I would try using hoses if I had them and you would need to use more than one and this a bit destroys the concept: the upper and lower tubes seem to define the border of the wing