Hod Carrier

Funny Freight

They’re both brilliant! You should set the second one up at a show on a separate siding with the controller accessible to the public along with a sign saying “please do not touch” and watch reactions. 

They are both really nice!!!

The second one though made me watch it several times. As Andy said: This must be hilarious at a show (or even at home).

Thanks a lot for making me laughing!

Best
Thorsten 

10 hours ago, Andy Glascott said:

They’re both brilliant!

4 hours ago, Asper said:

Wonderful!

2 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Thanks a lot for making me laughing!

Thank you, gentlemen. That's very kind of you all.

10 hours ago, Andy Glascott said:

You should set the second one up at a show on a separate siding with the controller accessible to the public along with a sign saying “please do not touch” and watch reactions.

3 minutes ago, Toastie said:

As Andy said: This must be hilarious at a show (or even at home).

Ha ha!! That's a wicked idea. I love it!!

The only thing I'm not so keen on is having to gather up the bits and build it back up for the next victim participant. As you can probably imagine it's not the most stable construction, although each time I built it up I improved the technique and got a little faster than the previous time. It took quite a lot of time and more than a few design revisions to get it to the point where the model would hold it's shape but still break apart in the way I wanted.

3 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

The only thing I'm not so keen on is having to gather up the bits and build it back up for the next victim participant. As you can probably imagine it's not the most stable construction, although each time I built it up I improved the technique and got a little faster than the previous time. It took quite a lot of time and more than a few design revisions to get it to the point where the model would hold it's shape but still break apart in the way I wanted.

Could you build it in say 10 sections that went together very easily rather than all the pieces?

You're insane! And I respect you for it. Both are brilliant and I did not see either one coming

52 minutes ago, Andy Glascott said:

Could you build it in say 10 sections that went together very easily rather than all the pieces?

I was thinking the same- take the idea and simplify the assembly so that it can go back together quickly. It won't be as spectacular but the shock factor will make up for the loss of "millions of little pieces"

31 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

You're insane!

Bless you. You're not the first to have said that to me and I doubt you'll be the last. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Andy Glascott said:

32 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

I was thinking the same- take the idea and simplify the assembly so that it can go back together quickly. It won't be as spectacular but the shock factor will make up for the loss of "millions of little pieces"

That's certainly one option. The other I'd already considered is some form of jig into which the parts can be fitted and held in place during assembly. The design already has indents and other aids to alignment and stability during construction and I have already reduced the number of elements from it's first iteration, but I'm sure I could take it further in order to get a quicker build.

Just don't place the siding near the edge of a table, though. Please...?

Have the pieces connected with fishing line (the thinner, the better) through small Technic bricks, that would allow you to put it back together just by pulling the line(s). Less than a minute, and it will be ready for another round of "Bluesmobile made it to the county assessor's office". It would be particularly funny if you parked it not on a siding, but on a crossing, and an 18-wheeler crashed into it. The inverse of those "truck vs. train" disasters.

The first one: Double Dare meets Jaws!

9 hours ago, splatman said:

Have the pieces connected with fishing line (the thinner, the better) through small Technic bricks, that would allow you to put it back together just by pulling the line(s). Less than a minute, and it will be ready for another round of "Bluesmobile made it to the county assessor's office". It would be particularly funny if you parked it not on a siding, but on a crossing, and an 18-wheeler crashed into it. The inverse of those "truck vs. train" disasters.

That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure that the lines wouldn't get tangled up, but it could certainly help hold the sections together ahead of the big reveal.

9 hours ago, JamesCollier said:

I appreciate your efforts here. Thanks for sharing this great information. 

You're very welcome, James.