Sign in to follow this  
Dashiell brown

[WIP] USS Constitution Moc Progress

Hey all my name is Dashiell Brown and I set out to make as close to historically accurate USS Constitution as I could at a relatively smaller scale. This is where I will post the progress and the finished project 

9ojskg6g.jpg

8ML3quog.jpg

Tm5wFmXg.jpg

OYQGD5fg.jpg

Lovely progress, Dashiell!

Such topic would definitely benefit from some hosted pictures here. I be looking forward for future updates on her. :pir-sweet:

(Could one of the moderators move this to Pirate MOCs? It be best fit over there.)

34 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Lovely progress, Dashiell!

Such topic would definitely benefit from some hosted pictures here. I be looking forward for future updates on her. :pir-sweet:

(Could one of the moderators move this to Pirate MOCs? It be best fit over there.)

Thank you! I will definitely try and figure out how to post pictures on here. Also I will try and figure out how to move this over to Pirate MOCs. 

1 hour ago, Dashiell brown said:

Thank you! I will definitely try and figure out how to post pictures on here. Also I will try and figure out how to move this over to Pirate MOCs

One of the moderators may do so at the time. I think there was a tutorial on hosting pictures, somewhere around here...

6 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

@Dashiell brown Great progress so far!

I have added all the images to the first post, hope this helps.

WOW Thank you so much I really appreciate it. I'm very impressed with your kindness. 

Pics

Update, I have started building the masts. Also I have finished the deck and designed the stern. Waiting on one bricklink order to finish. Will include parts for the cannons and the rest of the stern section. It should be completed in the next few days. 

Edited by Dashiell brown

Beautiful! And I agree, mods move this to the MOC section so we don't lose track of such a great build. 

7 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

Beautiful! And I agree, mods move this to the MOC section so we don't lose track of such a great build. 

Thank you I will post final update tomorrow. I'm a big fan of your ships and I think your Instagram is very cool. You remind me of me you love lego ships but are really into cars and motorcycles.. Awesome!

22 minutes ago, Dashiell brown said:

Thank you I will post final update tomorrow. I'm a big fan of your ships and I think your Instagram is very cool. You remind me of me you love lego ships but are really into cars and motorcycles.. Awesome!

Haha, thanks man! Yeah, designing cars pay the bills (I still love them), motos are the most fun (but at 37, also why I hurt in the morning). Lego is such a universal language - I know a lot of people rediscovering their love of the bricks lately. Thanks for the compliments on my ships, your Constitution is looking really great, she's HUGE!

Good start.

I have just some remarks concerning posting rules :

1. This is a MOC (even in WIP; it's still a MOC) so I moved the Topic in the Pirate MOCs Subforum where it can find its audience.

2. As a WIP it needs a little mention of it in the title : Like the [WIP] I added in the title: in our Pirate MOC Forum we like to see a quick index appears in front of each topic : [MOC] if it's a finish build and [WIP] if it's still in developpemnt.

3. Be careful not to duplicate topics. 

14 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

Haha, thanks man! Yeah, designing cars pay the bills (I still love them), motos are the most fun (but at 37, also why I hurt in the morning). Lego is such a universal language - I know a lot of people rediscovering their love of the bricks lately. Thanks for the compliments on my ships, your Constitution is looking really great, she's HUGE!

Haha, yes I found it difficult to get the accuracy at a smaller scale. It just didn't look good either. I had it originally on the prefab hull pieces they didn't look any good and didn't allow the width of what I wanted compared to the length. 

Edited by Dashiell brown

2 hours ago, Dashiell brown said:

Here is the final product. It took about 2 weeks to build and if I had to guess close to 5000 parts.

Looks rather satisfying in the end. Those curves look advanced and truly do work on her. An amazing job! :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, Dashiell brown said:

I ended up redoing the captain's cabin as it was not stable and looked unbalanced.

Fair enough. It's a good look also. :pir-huzzah2:

It looks impressive. I like the self-made hull. I'll try that too once.

11 hours ago, NOD said:

It looks impressive. I like the self-made hull. I'll try that too once.

Thanks yeah I had this on the prefab but it was too long and skinny. Also the cannon line was to far off the ground. 

9 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

She looks really impressive! Especially with the rigging and masts up!

Thanks! 

Edited by Dashiell brown

Very, very nice!!!

Question, though: what is the reason for displaying the ship's boat on the gundeck?

33 minutes ago, nimitstexan said:

Very, very nice!!!

Question, though: what is the reason for displaying the ship's boat on the gundeck?

Tbh I just thought it looked good I have moved it to hang off the back for nor accuracy. Also I will order a second one to put on the top deck.