Sign in to follow this  
Bony_em

Battleship with cannon

The vehicle is copied from one I saw on the internet. What I invented was to put the barrel and stabilizers, it uses 3 V2 receivers and a V1, it is fully motorized. I already tried to make a similar one a while ago but it did not convince me

06Ygfvq.jpg

OLQEiO2.jpg

When I can I upload a video 
Edited by Bony_em

Why is it called a "Battleship"? Looks more like a wheeled artillery verhicle to me :wink:

I think the vecile body looks pretty good, a bit too futuristic for me but good.

What I don't like is the cannon. I think the diameter of the gun is way overboard, and the turret in which it is mounted is way too small in comparison. 

Did you use paint or non-Lego bricks btw? :wink:

Although the pictures are quite blurry, lovely shaping of the canopy and body, great looking vehicle!

@Gray Gear The size seems okay-ish to me If we consider the technic figure seats in the canopy, although definitely on the badass weapon size :laugh: Reminds of the Railroad cannon the Schwerer Gustav - a third reich superweapon. 

Spoiler

0_httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122p

full?d=1533599708

@syclone I thought of the Schwerer Gustav too! But that cannon has a lot of space in the back to handle the massive recoil, and most importantly a fixed gun. A curved railway section had to be built tocaim this thing.

I think the gun looks too big for the vehicle, especially for a closed turred layout. :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

The design is a bit sloppy, I did it quickly and the shaft that supports the three stabilizers twists too much, the barrel goes with an elastic rubber because if it doesn't, it won't go up. :laugh:

7 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@syclone I thought of the Schwerer Gustav too! But that cannon has a lot of space in the back to handle the massive recoil, and most importantly a fixed gun. A curved railway section had to be built tocaim this thing.

I think the gun looks too big for the vehicle, especially for a closed turred layout. :wink:

Hmmm, I see, the technical details certainly make this gun unrealistic... though we can always play the sci-fi card of "new super innovative tech designed by a mad scientist" :laugh:

It could also be modified into a missile launcher simiar to a Yars RS-24 :devil_laugh: It would need the whole section to come down to ground level however, certainly not swiweling up there 

Spoiler

1200px-PC-24_%C2%AB%D0%AF%D1%80%D1%81%C2

Edited by syclone

Nice model. Seems more a self propelled mortar than a ship.

If it will not be a howitzer/mortar it needs a system to manage the recoil.

Looks impressive. I agree proportions seem off for a simple cannon. I think it might work as a missile launcher, though I don't think those use closed barrels?

Something futuristic could explain a fat barrel (plasma artillery maybe?) but anything which isn't a self-propelled projectile is likely to involve more recoil than this silhouette can handle.

Whatever the issues with realism (or lack of thereof), I think the body is pretty nice looking, though the yellow accents seem a bit strange for a military vehicle.

What I find a bit off-putting is the shaping of the cannon barrel. Being just a simple tube, it doesn't seem to follow the detailing of the rest of the vehicle, I'd say it needs a bit more shaping, like a larger diameter at the base and/or something like a flash suppressor at the muzzle.