Sign in to follow this  
BrickzAndBrezn

Legal to use a logo in licensed Lego Ideas Project?

Hi,
I am preparing the submission for my first Lego Ideas Project and a question came up:

My project is an IP project (Disney) and I was wondering if I can use the title as the original logo from the movie poster in the description (as a jpeg).
Unfortunately I have not found a reference. Possibly because it is not allowed?!
I don't want to disqualify my project because of that, or extend the release, but it would be nice if I could use it.

I hope you can help me quickly and if my thread is wrong here, may a friendly moderator please move it.

It's legal, but whether it's permitted by the Ideas moderation staff is a different question.

There was inconsistency on this beforehand. I had my Sonic project returned to me at the very start because I'd used an official logo, while other projects seemed to get away with this - but the rules changed in February to prevent this kind of thing entirely. Your product concept has to stand on its own merits without an on-site logo. This doesn't prevent you from using a logo in offsite promotion, though. On that topic...

This is just an aside, but I couldn't help but note that your account is pretty new. Understand that this isn't an accusation, but iit's worth getting to know this space and not just post your project somewhere without learning. For example, with just a little look around you could have discovered that there is a LEGO Ideas thread in the "General LEGO Discussion" subforum. It's now considered bad form to post your project in there yourself (I'll leave the place you should post it if it's approved as an exercise for you to find), but the thread I linked is the perfect place to ask questions like these if you run into any more problems.

In any case - welcome to Eurobricks, and good luck with your next steps!

Thank you toastergrl for the enlightening reply.
It's not that I didn't try to find the right place for my question but obviously not well enough.

However, the post is now outdated anyway, since I have already submitted my design. The Ideas team didn't complain about the logo in the description, but I encountered another problem. But that is another topic.

If I would advertise my project here I think I have found the right place. However, this one seems to be quite inactive (last post almost a month old) and if it is not good manners to post his project here itself, I will also just skip idea.