Sign in to follow this  
ShilohCyan

Odds of Vintage Car returning?

title says it all.

With the Christmas Carol set returning, and the McLaren polybag before that, having been mostly on the sidelines of Lego interest for the last 10 years, I was wondering what the chances of the Ideas Vintage Car gift with purchase are, and what the purchase requirement was last time. 

thanks!

It was a free gift if you spent more than 85$/85€. I missed it initially, but got one on Ebay for around 15€. I wouldn't count that it will return; the Charles Dickens set was now only available in the US. If you spot the car somewhere for a reasonable price buy it before thinking too long. It's really cool. And if Lego sells them again, then you'll have two! :wink:

I agree. It is unlikely to come back unless they had lots of unclaimed stock. It was a January gift, so likely to have gone out of stock as Modulars and other sets are released 1 Jan.

I agree with the others who have posted.  I doubt this one will be released again, although I was quite surprised to see the Christmas Carol set return.  The Vintage Car was advertised as a free gift for the full month of January, and I had hoped to score one through LEGO but by the time I placed an order on January 29th, they were already out of stock.  Not sure at what point in the month they went out of stock, but obviously I waited too long.  Ended up getting one on eBay for $13.50 (USD) plus shipping.  It's a great vehicle, goes great with the modular buildings line and the vehicles that have been included with those sets.  If you want one, I'd definitely recommend getting it online now while it's still at a reasonable price, as I doubt LEGO will produce it again.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:06 PM, Phyre said:

I agree with the others who have posted.  I doubt this one will be released again, although I was quite surprised to see the Christmas Carol set return.  The Vintage Car was advertised as a free gift for the full month of January, and I had hoped to score one through LEGO but by the time I placed an order on January 29th, they were already out of stock.  Not sure at what point in the month they went out of stock, but obviously I waited too long.  Ended up getting one on eBay for $13.50 (USD) plus shipping.  It's a great vehicle, goes great with the modular buildings line and the vehicles that have been included with those sets.  If you want one, I'd definitely recommend getting it online now while it's still at a reasonable price, as I doubt LEGO will produce it again.

Good to know it was out of stock. I suspect the dickens and mclaren sets returned only to make space for the UCS gunship and vidiyo stuff etc releasing 8/1.