Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

[MOC] The streets of Barqa

9 minutes ago, Servertijd said:

but I thought this would fit Kali much more than Avalonia

You certainly captured the feel and look of Kaliphlin!  Great MOC.  I especially like the jug on the left.  The ground technique is interesting too and works well here.  The lighting is terrific!

Looks great, perfect match for the vibes of Kali. And yes, you are allowed to build in any guild despite being a member of Avalonia. In fact, you are encouraged to build around the map! Go nuts and build in every guild! And Avalonia gets all the credit, since you are based in Avalonia. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, jtooker said:

You certainly captured the feel and look of Kaliphlin!  Great MOC.  I especially like the jug on the left.  The ground technique is interesting too and works well here.  The lighting is terrific!

Thanks! 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, Spader said:

beautifully lit and well built, and yes fits Kaliphlin to a T

Thank you!

On 7/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Looks great, perfect match for the vibes of Kali. And yes, you are allowed to build in any guild despite being a member of Avalonia. In fact, you are encouraged to build around the map! Go nuts and build in every guild! And Avalonia gets all the credit, since you are based in Avalonia. 

Hah, that's good to hear! smuggling those points to Avalonia:head_back:

This turned out really nice, very immersive and with a great warm feeling.  As I said on Flickr, love the floor, but also nice variety of muted colors and textures on the buildings, helps the details like the carrots and red mat and so forth to stand out.

Nice work!  I like the perspective, and the lighting is fantastic.  I love the street detail with the guy sitting on the cloth, and the plant growing in the crack.  The bundle of olive and pink plant on the arch looks great and very Kaliphlini.  Nice wall texture: subtle, but detailed.  Keep up the good work!

Perfect Kaliphlin atmospehere!
I'm always fond of well-photographed "all-LEGO" shots :thumbup:

Great also to see the City of Barqa continue to be fleshed out :sweet: 
(Always on the lookout for more HSS categories to include in Barqa btw, I'm probably looking too hard but am I seeing a cloth merchant...? :wink: )

Looks very nice, and surely feels Kaliphlin.
Great job. :classic:

On 7/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, Kai NRG said:

This turned out really nice, very immersive and with a great warm feeling.  As I said on Flickr, love the floor, but also nice variety of muted colors and textures on the buildings, helps the details like the carrots and red mat and so forth to stand out.

Thank you!

On 7/25/2021 at 2:53 AM, Grover said:

Nice work!  I like the perspective, and the lighting is fantastic.  I love the street detail with the guy sitting on the cloth, and the plant growing in the crack.  The bundle of olive and pink plant on the arch looks great and very Kaliphlini.  Nice wall texture: subtle, but detailed.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

On 7/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, Gideon said:

Perfect Kaliphlin atmospehere!
I'm always fond of well-photographed "all-LEGO" shots :thumbup:

Great also to see the City of Barqa continue to be fleshed out :sweet: 
(Always on the lookout for more HSS categories to include in Barqa btw, I'm probably looking too hard but am I seeing a cloth merchant...? :wink: )

Hah Thanks! It may just be a cloth merchant! You can use it for the HSS if you want :classic:. It's great to build in this massive city.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:43 PM, Niku said:

Looks very nice, and surely feels Kaliphlin.
Great job. :classic:

Thank you!