Sign in to follow this  
Rubblemaker

[MOC] Rebel Alliance Corvus - Instructions available

Hi all, some of you may remember seeing pictures of my moc of the Rebel Alliance Corvus from Star Wars Battlefront 2 a few months ago. This is the Mk2 version of this moc. New improved, more detailed, part optimised and instructions are now available from Brickvault at https://www.brickvault.toys/products/corvus-rebel-alliance-corvette

The model is made of 3749 pieces, is 85cm long and 38cm wide. The full album can be found on my Flickr page at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157719553741264

Or find me on Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego
Thanks for looking :)

1280x1115.jpg

Rebel Alliance Corvus - Instructions available

Edited by Rubblemaker

Nice lines and smooth curves, almost without any gaps.Really well done -I like it even I don't know either the game or the ship itself. 

17 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Is it to scale with Brickvault's eviscerator star destroyer?

Waaaaaay bigger. 2mpaireds ISD is 117cm long, roughly 1:1360 scale (an ISD is 1,600 metres long).

My Corvus is 85cm long, roughly 1:177 scale (the Corvus is 150m long).

So to be to scale with his ISD my Corvus would need to be 11cm long or his ISD would need to be 903cm long to be to scale with my Corvus. I think anyway. I'm sure someone will correct my maths if I've got it wrong. Either way, it's not to scale. :)

On 7/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, Mr Ogel said:

Nice lines and smooth curves, almost without any gaps.Really well done -I like it even I don't know either the game or the ship itself. 

Thanks, neither did I until I'd built it. I only bought and played the game afterwards!

On 7/18/2021 at 10:00 PM, KevinYoung said:

That's a beautiful build. Love the snot work. Congrats . 

Thanks very much :)

Edited by Rubblemaker

On 7/20/2021 at 8:04 AM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Rubblemaker already responded to this, but to further emphasize how much larger his is, here's an example of one that is to scale (more or less) with the Brickvault ISD. ISDs are bigger than the movies sometimes make clear!

There haven’t been many Mocs made of this ship (which was one of the big reasons I chose it) but yours is definitely the cutest I’ve seen! Love it. Are those 2x6 wedge plates definitely available in lbg? If so I’m going to use them in a future moc!

Edited by Rubblemaker

1 hour ago, Rubblemaker said:

There haven’t been many Mocs made of this ship (which was one of the big reasons I chose it) but yours is definitely the cutest I’ve seen! Love it. Are those 2x6 wedge plates definitely available in lbg? If so I’m going to use them in a future moc!

You can see them on the sides of the upcoming Slave I, so they'll be available next week! I'm looking forwards to it, too, since they're going to be a very useful part for a ton of Star Wars models.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You can see them on the sides of the upcoming Slave I, so they'll be available next week! I'm looking forwards to it, too, since they're going to be a very useful part for a ton of Star Wars models.

Ah! I hadn’t looked very closely at the new slave 1… or Boba Fett’s Starship as it is also not known by anyone except Disney’s legal department ;) I could see those wedges being very useful for a Super Star Destroyer. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:45 AM, MaceWindu said:

Wow, it's so smooth! I almost thought it's not lego :)

Thanks very much, that is indeed the look I was going for!

19 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

This is a thing of beauty

Purchased. Looks like BL autobuy is a bit expensive atm so I'll try to be more picky but excited for the build. :)

15 hours ago, karmajay said:

Purchased. Looks like BL autobuy is a bit expensive atm so I'll try to be more picky but excited for the build. :)

You might have better luck with the 'Buy all' function rather than Easy buy (I'm assuming easy buy is the one you're trying). Easy buy tends to choose the fewest stores but doesn't take into account competing piece prices. If you try Buy all and select the country you want delivered to it might give you a more wallet friendly result, even though you'll probably end up with more stores. Good luck! Hope you enjoy the build (for when you do tackle it) :)