Early Years Summary

I was born in 1994 and as I got older, I purchased my first 2nd hand LEGO collection. Without even knowing during the time, I had the parts for various unbuilt LEGO sets. Back then I just built my own creations, taking advantage of some LEGO set baseplates. My early LEGO collection consisted of many Classic Town parts, pieces and minifigures. This was a more simpler, less stressful time. LEGO sets and creations were very basic and simple, but would also have a very special place within my heart. Surprisingly, a lot of early LEGO sets even had excellent playability and functionality. I took advantage of some LEGO set baseplates I used to construct my very own LEGO creations, as well as other various LEGO Classic Town pieces. Whilst my very own creations were not very spectacular, I still got tons of fun and enjoyment from them. With pocket money, birthday money, Christmas money, I would purchase various LEGO sets. My very first major LEGO set was the LEGO Fire Station 7420, which my dad got for me. So LEGO Classic Town / LEGO Town / LEGO City were my favourite.

Now that I am a adult - a AFOL - I have greater funds in purchasing old vintage LEGO sets. I purchase sets I once had, sets I wanted as a child, as well as interesting sets which I wanted to experience as an adult. I have both happiness and sadness because so many LEGO sets I would of loved as a child, but never had the chance to experience whilst I was in my play years. But I also understand I would not want to be a "spoilt child", but LEGO was my main hobby of my childhood. I would not do anything else other than LEGO, with minor exceptions like watching TV, playing on the PlayStation or computer, playing with plastic toy soldiers. As a child, certain pieces were so precious and rare to me. If I had a certain piece I really liked, I would treasure this so much. Whereas today, one can easily go onto BrickLink or eBay to purchase such pieces. But as a young child, such pieces were like gold dust to me.

So my early LEGO towns consisted mostly of my own creations of my own style - open top buildings, with LEGO set buildings of open backs, with LEGO vehicles. All these early buildings were simple creations of great playability and functionality.

Likes and Dislikes of Classic Town

I love sets of the LEGO Classic Town theme! I love the four stud wide vehicles for both cars and trucks. As a child, it did not matter as much that these sets only seated one LEGO minifig per time. But as I got older, this became a problem with LEGO sets of all themes. I admired the LEGO Adventures theme for their sets which seated two LEGO minifigs. I also understand that budget was a big problem for all fans of LEGO, so I feel like some interiors of LEGO Classic Town sets were too basic. This gave collectors the ability to possibly even make their own creations for inside their LEGO Police and Fire stations, but it would have been nice to see LEGO include more interiors. The open back buildings were very appealing to me.

Searching for MOCs

Now... I have reached the main part of the article. :classic: On YouTube, I have tried searching for LEGO MOCs in the style of Classic Town, but so many LEGO MOCs seem what I call - "advanced LEGO creations". Sure, they look very impressive! But it would be cool to see people's LEGO MOCs which are more compatible with early LEGO, which would go nicely with LEGO Classic Town. Perhaps LEGO fans do not see the need to share their simple and basic creations, as they highly lack in comparison to modern LEGO.

Do you know of any LEGO MOCs which are more simple, a suit the LEGO Classic Town theme?

Perhaps, you have built some yourself? Perhaps a LEGO Classic Town vehicle MOC or building MOC?

I would love for you guys to redirect me to them! :grin: