"Redwall Abbey"

Basil Stag Hare watches from the southwestern parapet as a mouse sets out to gather fresh mushrooms for the upcoming feast.

redwall.jpg

------------------------

I don't usually venture out of the Pirates theme forum, but when I saw the Winnie the Pooh set I knew the time had come to start some Redwall builds! This is the first of a planned series

Neat build and great use of non-human figures.  I like the colors you choose for the walls.

2 hours ago, jtooker said:

Neat build and great use of non-human figures.  I like the colors you choose for the walls.

Thanks! I was trying to make it a sandstone-ish color. I toyed with the idea of using sand red pieces, but while I have a few, it would have been cost prohibitive to get enough for a castle! Ended up mixing new and old dark reds, dark orange, and medium nougat together to approximate sandstone. I figured by anchoring the medium nougat with the path, the building would tie into the scene OK.

The colours look great together. What are the mice made from?

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

The colours look great together. What are the mice made from?

The mouse heads and animal legs are both 3rd party from a company called Crazy Bricks. The heads were created as a limited run for Mouse Guard, and the legs are still available.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:43 PM, evancelt said:

The mouse heads and animal legs are both 3rd party from a company called Crazy Bricks. The heads were created as a limited run for Mouse Guard, and the legs are still available.

Ah yes, I remember seeing them on kickstarter now.

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

So cute!!! That's why, the pirate community forgives you for sailing off the known BOBS world! :pir_tong2:

Thanks! Definitely planning some red/orange BoBS builds :pir-classic:

While sand red would have of course been preferable for Redwall, the colors you chose work well, too. Dark red is a bit, well, dark, but it's the best one can do with the current production palette. I love the Redwall series, and have always wanted to build something from them, so I am glad to see this!

I loved these books as a kid! What a gorgeous rendition in such a recognizable medieval style! I love the weathering of the walls too, it really captures that ancient, enduring nature of Redwall that the books emphasized. Those towers are sure to keep the armies of marauding rats at bay

Edited by EVE

On 7/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

While sand red would have of course been preferable for Redwall, the colors you chose work well, too. Dark red is a bit, well, dark, but it's the best one can do with the current production palette. I love the Redwall series, and have always wanted to build something from them, so I am glad to see this!

On 7/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, EVE said:

I loved these books as a kid! What a gorgeous rendition in such a recognizable medieval style! I love the weathering of the walls too, it really captures that ancient, enduring nature of Redwall that the books emphasized. Those towers are sure to keep the armies of marauding rats at bay

Thanks @Henjin_Quilones & @EVE!