Sign in to follow this  
zinnn

Headgear / hats / helmets that go with the Pirates theme

So we obviously all know the bandanas, tricorne hats and captains hats go well with the crew. But are there any other hats that come to your mind that could be good to add some freshness to the old crew ;) ?

23 hours ago, zinnn said:

So we obviously all know the bandanas, tricorne hats and captains hats go well with the crew. But are there any other hats that come to your mind that could be good to add some freshness to the old crew ;)

I've added hoods and musketeer hats to some of me pirates. There's nothing else that I can think of.

Try the bandana+bald head molded piece from scallywag pirate minifigure. Musketeers hats also help as mentioned and so do turbans or fez if going for a more Eastern taste for your crew. Oh, morions too, as some Spanish ships more often than not, had infantry detachments during early Age of Sail. And plain hair pieces. Lots of them. 

Edited by blackdeathgr

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Try the bandana+bald head molded piece from scallywag pirate minifigure.

Got that already, Scallywag Pirate is one of my fav Lego minifigures, cant believe it's still so cheap to buy :)

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, morons too, as some Spanish ships more often than not, had infantry detachments during early Age of Sail.

What are morons? Google search obviously doesn't help much, all I get are results with Trump photos ;)

I would add in conquistador helmets (armada figs), powdered wigs (continental soldier minifig), barrister/judge wig, and perhaps tophats for marines on royal navy ships

11 hours ago, zinnn said:

What are morons? Google search obviously doesn't help much, all I get are results with Trump photos ;)

:pir-laugh: I wanted to write morions (also fixed it at the first post), aka conquistador helmets. And ofc @evancelt's great suggestions! Good luck experimenting!

There's always the Ben Gun look from that one pirate marooned on an island for too long...

50190855088_76c4b3e665_z.jpg

The Briney Brick 5(a): And now for something completely predictable:by Jan Kusters, on Flickr

And I think the bald-head-with-headband works rather well...

50378382947_5270dd3ea9_z.jpg

The Briney Brick 12 (a):by Jan Kusters, on Flickr

Edited by jan kusters