eb_img0.png

100% made out from parts of set 42114 - Volvo Articulated Hauler

100% controllable with official Control+ App

This replica of Volvo N10 Truck is an alternate build (B-model) of the set 42114. This means if you own the Volvo Articulated Hauler, you can completely build this alternate model. Other parts from other sets or spare parts are not required. This model of Volvo N10 Truck is a massive biest. It is more than 58 cm long, 20 cm width and 21 cm height. With open bonnet, the model reaches a total length of 65 cm. This alternate model uses 2041 parts, which are more than 93% from the parts of set 42114 Volvo Articulated Hauler.

Follow this link for more pictures and content. Visit rebrickable for building instructions.

Impressions

r_img2.png

r_img7.png

r_img8.png

r_img12.png

r_img16.png

n_img0.jpg

a.gif

Doors of the cabin can be opened to access the detailed interior.

r_img14.png

The bonnet of the Truck is 90 degrees openable to reveal the V6-engine that is linked to the drivetrain.

motor.gif

The model uses the gearbox and housing from the Volvo Articulated Hauler. After building step 85 of the Hauler, the instructions takes over to build the Volvo N10. Keep in mind if you disassemble the Hauler, you can leave the built from step 1 to step 85.

r_img10.png

use of 42114 sticker

The alternate model is designed to use stickers from the main model for better look - especially for the front grill. Parts with stickers that show A60H were not used, but the model uses the 3x11 panels with A60H stickers that can be hidden inside the tipper bed. Those four parts with stickers are not required:

sticker.png

Battery and Hub access

Thanks to the gap between the cabin and the tipper bed, batteries of the hub are easily removable. This requires no disassembling of parts and is done very handy and quickly.

n_img1.jpg

The hub is accessable through the cabin, connecting the hub to the App is an easy task.

n_img2.jpg

Controllable with C+ App

The model is designed for use with official Control+ App and the profile that controls the 42114 Volvo Articulated Hauler. If you are familar with the App and the Volvo, nothing is new here for you, but the alternate model needs a re-calibrating in the settings for steering. If you are new to Control+, you have to download this official App to control the Volvo N10 Truck. With each App interface, the model is completely controllable. Using a third party App to control is also possible.

cp1.png

cp2.png

Instructions

The instructions for this model are 325 pages long with high quality premium images and different camera angles and views for a satisfying building experience. The instructions will guide you how to connect wires properly and can be found on rebrickable. Here are four example pages of the instructions:

i_34_1x.png

i_70_1x.png

i_159_1x.png

i_189_1x.png

The real Volvo N10

To replicate the caracteristic bonnet, cabin, front and headlights was a big challenge. More than 400 parts of the model are placed inside the bonnet. Here are some example pictures of the real Volvo N10 that matches the model most:

x_img0.png

x_img1.png

x_img2.png

What makes this model different from 42114?

Honestly this model fullfilles with driving, steering, transmission gearbox and tipping the same tasks as the main model with the same App. The Volvo N10 alternate model is a nice looking truck in another scale and again its a Volvo with use of the same stickers. The licensed alternate model is something that you can expect at the back of the box of 42114.

Have fun with this alternate build.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

That's a great alternate, the fact that you kept the licensing is very good, as you say, having that as an official B-model would have be nice.
In a way, it makes me think of 42043 B model. As a part is the same in A and B model.
The only downside to me is that the bed is a bit to small, imo it should have higher sides.
Other than that it's a pretty good MOC :thumbup:

This would be impressive if it was just a B-model of a generic dump truck, but to do a B-model that resembles a real vehicle and stays on brand is exceptional.

Very impressive build :thumbup: you nailed cab, hood and mudguards

Absolutely blows me away with what you have managed to do with the part limitations and the limitation of the Control+ app. Great work. 

This cool, mostly because of using some part of A model, and also official app.

I had a military version in UAE. A flat deck with a center winch for oil field work. A very reliable truck. Not as powerful as the man's but a lot lighter and could cruise the sands well. 

A brilliant B model.

What a glorious B-model! The look perfectly resembles the original, and the functions look superb :-)