Darth Bjorn

[J7 - Iridonia - TT] Into the Meat Grinder

*This entry has earned 25 XP*

Interlude - Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: No wonder Iridonia is rough! The native zabrak has a knack for choosing the hard life, the tough way, the wrong allies. The world has paid the price over and over again. This will be no different. Iridonia will serve as an example...

butchersalley1a.jpg

thumb_NPC_goren2.jpgCdr. Goren: This is Commander Goren. We’ve tracked the Wortan relay to Butchers Alley, in the Meatpacking district. This bantha bowl is about to boil over any second now! Reinforcements are much needed. Please advise.

thumb_NPC_bannon-holo.jpgCdr. Bannon: That relay must stay offline! Do what you have to do Commander!

thumb_NPC_goren2.jpgCdr. Goren: Affirmative, we’ll double back when we’ve blown the thing to hell! Over and out!

butchersalley2a.jpg

///

After my Trigalis - fisherman's wharf, I've wanted to do more real life references in the SW universe... I thought a butcher/meatpacking district had some of the same interesting grittyness... Pretty happy with how it turned out... Let me know what you think...

A few more detailed shots below...

Spoiler

butchersalley9.jpg

The butcher at work...

butchersalley10.jpg

A closer look...

butchersalley6.jpg

Don't mess with the butcher...

butchersalley12.jpg

Cleaver vs. helmet?

butchersalley5.jpg

Making sure the critters behave, until it's their time...

butchersalley4.jpg

Prepping the rocket launcher (Inspired by the BF smart rocket: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Smart_Rocket)

butchersalley11.jpg

Firing!

butchersalley13.jpg

Locals not having it...

butchersalley3.jpg

Resistance in the making...

butchersalley8.jpg

Get out - to fight another day...

butchersalley7.jpg

And of course, a few crates...

Inspiration

stephen-zavala-jedha-11-sz.jpg?154334178

I took a lot of design cues from the grittier parts of Jedha...

tharik-mohammed-ehaya-0296.jpg?160546782

Trying to capture some of this atmosphere...

tharik-mohammed-ehaya-0007.jpg?160546780

Another inspirational shot...

tharik-mohammed-ehaya-00013.jpg?16054678

Same one in daylight...

gabriel-nagypal-red-15.jpg?1521493973

Took some architectural inspiration from this concept art...

Edited by goatman461

This some stunning work, I have a few of those pictures as well for the architectural work as well, you have put in so much detail it is insane, great colors, and those minifigures. :wub:

Excellent build with lots of atmossphere! I like the snakehead and the beheaded Porg.

Edited by Brickwolf

This is one of my favorite posts in a while. The detail is incredible, it feels so lived-in and real. I love the idea of a meatpacking district--inspired choice, and the tense story and setting is awesome. Even your inspiration photos are awesome, and ones I mostly haven't seen before! Great work.

19 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

This some stunning work, I have a few of those pictures as well for the architectural work as well, you have put in so much detail it is insane, great colors, and those minifigures. :wub:

Yeah, concept art is really helpful at several stages of building. I think I mainly use them in two: 1) Designing the architecture and layout of my buildings, and then again later 2) Filling the space with props etc.

17 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Excellent build with lots of atmossphere! I like the snakehead and the beheaded Porg.

Thanks for noticing! I love sneaking in those small statements and eastereggs!

15 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

This is one of my favorite posts in a while. The detail is incredible, it feels so lived-in and real. I love the idea of a meatpacking district--inspired choice, and the tense story and setting is awesome. Even your inspiration photos are awesome, and ones I mostly haven't seen before! Great work.

Thanks Sam! Means a lot coming from you... Yeah! I'm really falling in love with those every-day scenes in SW, even more so after the The Mandalorian, chapter 11: The Heiress. The fisherman's wharf on Trask was beautiful!