McMarky

[MOD] 8049 fully RC with Timber Trailer and pneumatic crane

Hi guys,

Are there any fans of pneumatics?

Do you remember the old 8049 set?

I've MODed it a bit. How do you like my version?

Nice work. Could you pleas show us some pictures of details. How do you rotate pneumatic arm ?

Very nice! Are the pneumatics in the trailer RC?

The lifting seat is a nice touch. I built the 8049 recently, and did a full RC mod, except for valve switching, and added a cylinder for the claw. There wasn't really enough weight on the front for it to steer though.

Your model certainly seems to be inspired by that set, but it looks much more like a MOC than a MOD to me.

Nice work!

14 hours ago, Samolot said:

Nice work. Could you pleas show us some pictures of details. How do you rotate pneumatic arm ?

Thanks, what do you mean by "pneumatic arm", the crane or log grab?

13 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Very nice! Are the pneumatics in the trailer RC?

Thanks. Yes, all functions are RC. The trailer has 8 functions. One mechanical - rotation of crane - driven by the tractor PTO. Seven pneumatic functions But only five of them can be operated at once. You have to preselect them by mean of valves on both sides of the trailer. There are two valves controlled by two PF servomotors and an air pump powered by a PF L motor in the trailer. All motors are connected to the BuWizz. The rest of the pneumatic functions are controlled from the tractor. More info about the tractor you can find in this topic:

Edited by McMarky

1 hour ago, Samolot said:

log grab

ok, I've made a short instruction for the rotating mechanism. The mechanism can rotate a bit more then 180 degrees.

I used colourful parts for a better view.

20210714_12224520210714_12113320210714_12194020210714_12215620210714_122301

I hope it's clear enough. I attached to this mechanism a standard grab from Unimog set. The lime colour parts at the bottom are just for routing the hoses.

Have fun rotating whatever you want! ;)

Very clever, i also like when someone find right way to use  those bionicle parts.

Very cool build! The rotating mechanism of the log grab is really clever :-)

Yeah, you did a really good job with the pneumatics! The rotating grabber is brilliant too, and the use of those Bionicle beams is perfect. I never knew they fit those plates like that!

Haven't done much with Lego for a while, this MOC is giving me the itch to start something. Thanks for that and of course, great MOC :thumbup:

Thank you guys for your appreciation. IMO the rotating log grab is the crème de la crème of this MOC. I started building it from design of that mechanism and it took me the most of time to develop the compact rotating grab. Without it I wouldn't build the timber trailer because I think that it would be pointless if you couldn't rotate a log while loading.