Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Minecraft Mafia: The Ruined Portal

51313274370_5a64d753b7.jpg

Good morning.  After a thorough investigation of Adriene, it appears she was a Gate Seeker.

51313262680_85d3b91824.jpg

"I sure hope our decisions today don't blow up on us." Steve says to the darkness.

sssssssssBOOM!

51312989994_bf87217a16.jpg

51289403450_3c95536820_n.jpg

I heard a huge explosion last night and found some scraps that make me sure that Steve was a Gate Seeker as well.51312989949_08afae0b30.jpg

Anyway, somehow we have made it to the cave exit as planned today.  Let us all journey toward the portal you are so eager to find.

51312989964_604fba69b9.jpg

"Hold where you are!" A booming voice exclaims from the cave exit.

51312459588_aa255aec80.jpg

"You will not venture farther toward the Gate. Your adventure ends here. Join me, Protectors."

51312260821_a0110fa8f4.jpg

"You have done well, Protectors, the robbers have been stopped and will not reach the precious Egg."

51313000639_e6c29ff24d.jpg

"Those that remain, I will not kill you, but you will not venture further. If you can make it back to the cave entrance, you might be able to signal your ship and get off the island."

51313262760_ce24e95a78.jpg

"You might want to light a torch, it's about to get very dark. Goodbye."

A loud rumbling and suddenly the area is pitch black. The exit is blocked and you have no choice but try and get back to the entrance without your guide. Good luck, weary adventurer. Maybe you can try again another day!

Scum aka Werewolves aka Gate Protectors win!  

Excellent job scum team. 

Everyone: Thanks for playing!  I know it was short and confusing, but I hope you had some fun.

More thoughts from me in the next post.

Player/Game Layout/Night Actions https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M4PPR-OaOYNdEdL6oi679B5HY18AEaAykaZDRdAeKng/edit?usp=sharing

Based on this game layout: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Carbon-14

The scum really creamed the town on the game but I do not blame mechanics at all. We had one town player that was basically MIA the whole game and he also happened to have one of the most powerful artifacts but never got it due to not replying.

Two investigators, especially with both announcing themselves at the start of day 2 was really the tricky part of the setup. There was additional help for the town with the artifacts, but the only one that was used was used a bit strangely (IMHO of course). With an investigator outing himself, it makes more sense to me that the shield be used to protect him that night but blocking his previous target also makes some sense.

The Seer of the game, wow, you got both scum instantly but couldn't convince the town to lynch on the first reading which would have really changed the dynamics of the game and then you got killed.  I actually thought it was going to be an easy lynch for you but I think that the scum used all those penalties to help them get a no-lynch along with some good posting and a convincing argument.

The town, you just let yourself worry too much about what might be the wrong choice and really deciding not to do anything was the worst choice you could have made. You let the scum convince you that he isn't scum without even trying to verify at all either way. I'm sure it all made more sense at the time with the lack of info you had but even the scum were confused that you didn't try to verify by using the dual investigations to figure out what was going on, as mentioned on day 3 :pir_laugh2:.

I appreciate all the participation from most of the players and putting up with my bad photos and lack of comics this time. The story was mostly created by a six year old and he built all of the intro scene :wink:

Gah I knew it! Y'all need to listen to me more.:tongue: I didn't even target Shadows because Shadows, he was just scummy!

As for the game and run down, I was glad to just have another game again, even if it was a quick one. Thanks for setting it up Darkdragon!

It was a good game, especially for such a small number of players. One rule of mafia, for me, is to look at every situation as town and scum equally and try to calculate how each should respond, then use that to counter the opponent. That was very hard here. The one thing it kept coming back to was the numbers and how they were brutally critical for the town, so it was just a matter of stalling and exploiting that as long as possible.

The important thing here is to remember who was good and who was bad. One side was invading a land aboard a pirate ship to steal treasure and kill a dragon. The other side was trying to protect all of that. History will not remember you imperialist townies kindly. For shame!:dangry:

12 hours ago, KotZ said:

I didn't even target Shadows because Shadows, he was just scummy!

Oh yeah, I was totally more suspicious than everyone else who bickered about their pointless votes as we all had nothing to contribute on a typical day 1. :laugh:

On 7/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, Darkdragon said:

I'm sure it all made more sense at the time with the lack of info you had but even the scum were confused that you didn't try to verify by using the dual investigations to figure out what was going on, as mentioned on day 3 :pir_laugh2:.

I was practically a town cheerleader, trying to rally them, reminding them of how dangerous the numbers were, speculating about those pesky werewolves, I even warned Steve about creepers. I tried to help, I really did! :laugh:

On 7/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, Darkdragon said:

I appreciate all the participation from most of the players and putting up with my bad photos and lack of comics this time. The story was mostly created by a six year old and he built all of the intro scene :wink:

The story and intro were great, tell the kid he did good. :thumbup:Host did ok, too, we didn't even have to vote her off, though the 2 sane investigator reveal had me wondering for a minute. :grin:

On 7/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, Darkdragon said:

51286150991_b5c8ef2767.jpg

While you were contemplating Spanish Inquisition during the night, you see a barrel floating next to the ship.  Do you do anything with the barrel?

PS: You may not talk to anyone about the barrel before responding. You have 24 hours to respond.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, Darkdragon said:

51287168210_147f3254a4_w.jpg

While you were contemplating the cubeness of life during the night, you see a barrel floating next to the ship.  Do you do anything with the barrel?

PS: You may not talk to anyone about the barrel before responding. You have 24 hours to respond.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, Darkdragon said:

Failed

51297239496_a3b5908e1b.jpg

While exploring the mine you see a strange flash of light in a gap between rocks. Will you investigate or walk on by?

PS: You may not talk to anyone about this before responding. You have 24 hours to respond.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:22 PM, Darkdragon said:

51297951169_40c0ab202b.jpg

While exploring the mine you see a strange flash of light in a gap between rocks. Will you investigate or walk on by?

PS: You may not talk to anyone about this before responding. You have 24 hours to respond.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Darkdragon said:

After much struggling to open the the barrel you found Pirate's missing shield.  You left the ship with it somehow and now you are able to use it if you want to.

51294780234_2bf90dd304_m.jpg

Artifact: Shield - Block or Protect one player

One time use, breaks after use.

Reply here to use the shield on any game night.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:48 PM, Darkdragon said:

minechicken02.png.83dc19f3c5f445bbfa852a28301914ce.png

You've found a chicken!

Artifact: Chicken -  Sidekick

Will redirect any other night action that is directed at your target to yourself. One time use, runs away after use.

Reply here to use the chicken on any game night. You can not investigate on the night you use the chicken.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, Darkdragon said:

cat.png.0788c7619c9b3cda7a41c61d6c6262a9.png

You have found a cat!

Artifact: Cat -  Voyeur

Learn what was done to target that night. One time use, runs away after use.

Reply here to use the cat on any game night. You can not also kill on the night you use the cat.

32 minutes ago, Shadows said:

The story and intro were great, tell the kid he did good. :thumbup:Host did ok, too, we didn't even have to vote her off, though the 2 sane investigator reveal had me wondering for a minute. :grin:

Thank you :classic: He will be thrilled to hear. 

54 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Thank you :classic: He will be thrilled to hear. 

Echoed from me! 

I'll take a lot of the blame for the loss. I probably should've voted off Shadows on Day Two instead of tying it up. I assumed that werewolves were some sort of third party and that if it was 2-2-1, Shadows was actually helping us. Then I pushed for Tariq to be lynched based on his item the next day. Oops! I can see why Hex came back as not mafia for me since only one investigator was actually useful. I'd assumed it was me since I was labeled cop, but I guess I was the useless one. Must have been very amusing for the scum to see me having Hex on my confirmed townie list the whole game. 

Overall I had fun even though I was dead wrong the whole game. I Bob'd it.

This was really cleaver. I'd've enjoyed it more however if I hadn't been killed on the first night. I haven't played mafia in... years I think? and yet this is the second time in a row I've been a vanilla townie and been killed on the first night. Anyways, sorry to bother you with that. You played well, that's ultimately the important thing here.

Thanks for a fun game and loved the cute story!! Apologies for my inaction during the first day, I had booked a last minute trip abroad and didn’t realise the game had kicked off, then I thought I had a couple of days clear because I didn’t have a night action, so checked back too late to see my unexpected barrel! Ah well, I would probably have just killed Bob for tying the vote anyway. :wink:

It’s a pity about the useless investigation, I wasn’t expecting that one.  I pushed for Tariq’s lynch by process of elimination as it was too hard to convince people to lynch Shadows first, so in my mind it was take out the second bad person and then the werewolf.  Wasn’t expecting Hex to be a baddy!  Just how it goes sometimes though, cute game and I think it worked well, many thanks for hosting and thank you to the host’s assistant for the sets and story. :wub:  It all worked out fine in the end anyway, I Ninjagoed my way out of that mine and the dragon egg was protected, seems fine to me. :dhappy:

This was my first mafia game. Thanks to everyone for participating and to @Darkdragon for setting everything up!

And sorry for taking a few days to respond sometimes, I was a bit busy these days.

Edited by Kaanere

Thanks for the game Darkdragon! Feels like ages since we’ve played Mafia. I was also convinced that the werewolves were a third party because we were given a voyeur and a seer. It’s crazy how the investigators got both scum on the first night. We should’ve definitely listened and lynched one of them.

Sign in to follow this