Hey all,

i made a BuWizz motor review video, i hope it is helpful.

Well, a bit of a letdown personally. I have the original BuWizz (1.0!) and seeing as even BW 2.0 can't cope with 2 of these was saddening (1.0 often goes into power protection mode if full throttling on Fast mode already, these would be impossible to run).

Nice to see a redesign of mounting points though, but a shame overall quality isn't that good. The colour isn't making it any better, black was perfect IMHO.

A huge bonus is the built-in cable - the extension wire is good for easy replacement or polarity changes, but it makes the motors much bulkier, built in one can be extended anyways.

6'5/10 from me - high price&needs additional purchases (BW 3.0+PU motors), doesn't look as good as the original but has better mounting points and performance. The competition is half the price with only a small (approx. 15%?) performance decrease, so I'll be taking that route :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by syclone

I ordered 4 of them in preorder.
Apart from the production delays I'm really satisfied, the motors are extremely powerful and the form factor is better than the originals ones so that's a big plus.

Concerning the power cutoff, I didn't experienced anything like that with charged batteries, unless I tried to go full throttle instantly in ludicrous. With almost empty battery, the fast setting was a struggle, and the motor stoped often.
(I used 4 motors, two on each Buwizz 2.0 with direct drive (outer output) with 94.8 wheels)

I agree with you, the color is surprising, I would also Have preferred black.

And the exposed electronic parts are not reassuring to me, I fear that one day something will hit them and destroy the motor…

The last huge plus for me is that they are produced, so if one break, we can buy a new one for a decent price (compared to original lego ones, I don't know any other 3rd party motors)

3 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

I agree with you, the color is surprising, I would also Have preferred black.

The last huge plus for me is that they are produced, so if one break, we can buy a new one for a decent price (compared to original lego ones, I don't know any other 3rd party motors)

I suppose there's always paint if you really want it black! Is there any stigma against printing 3rd party parts?

The only other 3rd party buggy motors I know of are cheap Chinese ones. I bought two at $10 each, and have been very happy with them so far, though I don't have any original ones to compare them to.