Hi! Im starting work on an Edoras MOC and am trying to build up an accurate Rohan army which is cheaper to buy than the official figs. Does anyone know of some good torsos/legs/heads/hair to use for this?

5 hours ago, DynaBricks said:

Hi! Im starting work on an Edoras MOC and am trying to build up an accurate Rohan army which is cheaper to buy than the official figs. Does anyone know of some good torsos/legs/heads/hair to use for this?

No medieval style torsos are cheap, as demand us high. My army has torsos from the CMF viking, fright knight, frightening Knight, Hungary, and older Castle peasant torsos. For helmets I use unprinted Theoden helmets that were cheap 6-7 years ago and ones by brickforge.

Yeah I’ll definitely use some BrickForge helmets. Do you know of a place to get the new cmf Vikings? I missed the initial wave of packs and nobody on BrickLink has them in any quantity

Both the CMF Vikings are expensive or impossible to find in quality as army builders have already bought them. 

Just keep looking at new figures to see what usable parts there are. It can take years to build an army.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I’m really only trying to get about 20-30 good looking figs, not rlly a massive army for now

I don't of anything cheap and really available right now.  The CMF frightening knight with the green torso is the only one I can think of right now.  Keep looking at harry potter, and the cmf's eventually something will show up.  

My sincere advice would be to reduce the number of figures you want drastically (10 Rohirim with horses take a bunch of space on display, too) and let the hope for any reasonable prices go or go for another project. Otherwise you really wont be happy in the end.

What is important to you? Personally I don´t want clones, if they are not supposed to be clones (And if they are supposed to be clones, they have to look exactly the same, so I would not mix Storm Troopers with different helmet moulds, with and without legprinting etc. ^^´). Rohirim do not wear uniforms and are not from Karmino. They have unique appearances. I don´t get what many people like about a bunch of original rohan soldier copies... If you are fine with that, it makes things a lot easier. Do you want them accurate to books and movies? Then for example the cmf 20 vikings torso and legs are out because the blue cape doesn´t work because of the blue cape printed on the torso and It will be very difficult to get good heads, beard- and hair-pieces. Are you willing to modify pieces? If you paint some beard pieces in orange, tan and dark tan, it opens completely new possibilities. Can you switch arms and legs on a minifigure? That will do wonders, too. How important is leg printing to you? What do you need the figures for? Sitting on/in horses makes leg printig pretty irrelevant.

Edited by Gorilla94

Yeah, for me I really try to get a good amount of variation between my rohirrim, and I mainly achieve this via switching around arms and legs and such. Right now I’m really mainly looking for some good bearded heads as I don’t have many in my collection.

As well as switching arms, don't be afraid to turn torsos around especially if they will be wearing a cape.