Sign in to follow this  
Chip Douglas

Jango Fett's Starship (v 75222)

Just being cheeky...the whole "starship" thing was spectacular SW nerd-dom fodder

But I digress...

In terms of smaller models, I really like the 75222 version of the Slave 1.  The forthcoming 75312 release looks good too, so will hope to build a Jango version of that one as well 

51300504421_ca41276558.jpg

51301520405_e174e142b0.jpg

51300689798_61c7a09cc9.jpg

Edited by Chip Douglas

How cool!!

just the other day I was wishing for the CC build as incarnation for Jango's ship. I love also the new stand alone set from Boba but I think both "midi" versions have really good angles; like this one.

Is it possible to post more pictures of it?

good job,

i did a jango version when 75222 first came out, i have actually made alt Jango/boba versions for every slave 1 released by Lego from micro to uCS

7 hours ago, Mattallica said:

good job,

i did a jango version when 75222 first came out, i have actually made alt Jango/boba versions for every slave 1 released by Lego from micro to uCS

I was thinking why more people don’t do a conversion of the ucs set and assumed it might be availability of the green parts in Dark blue or something.

id love to see some pics.

btw in cannon I’ve never been clear it is the same ship with a paint-job right?

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

I was thinking why more people don’t do a conversion of the ucs set and assumed it might be availability of the green parts in Dark blue or something.

id love to see some pics.

btw in cannon I’ve never been clear it is the same ship with a paint-job right?

yes,just like his armor Bobas SLAVE 1 is just his fathers re painted

I dig it!  With mine I went for some colors like white and black as a nod to the original lego version they released for Jango's Slave 1 way back in 2002

On 7/31/2021 at 5:41 PM, Chip Douglas said:

I dig it!  With mine I went for some colors like white and black as a nod to the original lego version they released for Jango's Slave 1 way back in 2002

do you have pictures?

I am thinking currently to buy some parts from bricks and pieces to build a version in some really weird colour - like purple. I love the current, slightly taller, version so much that I'd like to give it a sister.

After getting the parts a while ago - I finally had time to build: 1,5 days and I have a white/turquoise/dark azure Slave I. I'm so proud of it' now I really gotta get some tool for uploading pictures :pir_laugh2:

edit: the build was more complex, than I would have thought - but choosing white as base was a good choice as I had all the parts in white already, except for the big half round thingis at the base.

The build though also lets me appreciate the newer version even more. Interestingly they are about the same size - but the newer version just has the best proportions so far.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

So beautiful. Nearly every day I lament how much Lego snubs the PT and attack of the clones specifically. Jango's S1 and the speeder chase haven't been released since the movie came out. None of Padme's ships, no Lars homestead, no Geonosis Arena or droid factory or Jedi Temple or Padme's apartment or Senate building. 

And yet we have so many T16 Skyhoppers, Imperial Landing Craft, and Flash Speeders that were in the background for a few seconds each. 

Anyway well done. it looks really great!!

Thats actually a fair point on the lack of PT sets.  They even screwed up the box art on the new gunship release, and kinda came up short on the minifig selection on that set.  I would love to see some of those PT scenes and ships. you mention for sure.  The arrest of palpatine set is pretty sweet though, but the only Naboo ship we got was done like 2 or 3 times....

On 9/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, ShilohCyan said:

So beautiful. Nearly every day I lament how much Lego snubs the PT and attack of the clones specifically. Jango's S1 and the speeder chase haven't been released since the movie came out. None of Padme's ships, no Lars homestead, no Geonosis Arena or droid factory or Jedi Temple or Padme's apartment or Senate building. 

And yet we have so many T16 Skyhoppers, Imperial Landing Craft, and Flash Speeders that were in the background for a few seconds each. 

Anyway well done. it looks really great!!

I don't want to beat a dead horse again but since this always comes up: who knows? Maybe the prequels are just too controversial and didn't age well for the younger audience and don't sell as well. I mean Lego doesn't bring out some new art collection twice a year - they bring out toys for children to make money. I dislike the majority of the sets but as an over 20y old person I know they are not made for me.

They did a prototype for a Geonosis arena - what gives us the right to judge "Lego (a diverse big company with many departements and employees) hates the prequels and don't respect the fans (= a vocal minority within a huge market)!!"

Maybe based on their knowledge (research, previous sales, etc.) they came to the conclusion that it would not sell well enough? They do bring out Jedi and Naboo starfighters every few years - but it seems EPII is somehow problematic.

Lego fucks up enough - I feel sorry we are busy dealing with some anti-prequel conspiracy or small boxart/typo's instead of real problems - like that there is a market for better, costume parts, builds and figs instead of an official production by Lego.