kbalage

New LEGO rechargeable battery spotted

https://fb.watch/7ixxouzGXj/

Lego education upload teaser video of spike essential.

As far as I know

Motor size 5x3x3 if not count disc. 5x3x4 with disc.

Hub size 5x7x4

New wheel(can see in video) which smaller than spike small wheel but similer design with white rim and medium azure tire

Tire for wedge belt wheel come with new color - medium azure

First glimse of the new LEGO® Technic™ 3x3 Color Light Matrix

45608_Prod_01.jpg.3b73dd12b0442b8efa80e183994d418e.jpg
Doesnt seem to be pictures of the other new parts yet..

Edited by barberminged
Fat fingers..

1 hour ago, barberminged said:

First glimse of the new LEGO® Technic™ 3x3 Color Light Matrix

Doesnt seem to be pictures of the other new parts yet..

Annoyingly large if you want to make vehicle headlights but I guess it could be fitted in some larger models. Though obviously it has been designed with other purposes in mind.

...but now that I checked, there are no modern transparent plates (since 80's) that could be easily used in front of it, to hide the grid and make it look like a proper headlight. So I guess this part is mostly useless for making headlights.

52 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Annoyingly large if you want to make vehicle headlights but I guess it could be fitted in some larger models. Though obviously it has been designed with other purposes in mind.

...but now that I checked, there are no modern transparent plates (since 80's) that could be easily used in front of it, to hide the grid and make it look like a proper headlight. So I guess this part is mostly useless for making headlights.

I don't know this is possable but you can use multiple of that for large dot matrix screen. After some caculating I find we can make very deformed SMB1 screen(16block x 16block) with 25(15x15) or 36(18x18) of that.

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

I think that you could use technic plates and then attach something to the plates

Will this work with the mindstorms hub? It just has another color than the spike prime hub, right?

Edited by Cyber Master

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I don't know this is possable but you can use multiple of that for large dot matrix screen. After some caculating I find we can make very deformed SMB1 screen(16block x 16block) with 25(15x15) or 36(18x18) of that.

Yeah, many of those probably can be used at the same time, though no hub has more than 6 ports, so I don't think more than 2x3 units = 6x9 dots can be used (or at least that will require more hubs and then they have to be made to talk to each other somehow).

5 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

I think that you could use technic plates and then attach something to the plates

Technic plates don't come in transparent though, do they? So you could utilize only the hole, which might not be that practical.

4 hours ago, Cyber Master said:

Will this work with the mindstorms hub? It just has another color than the spike prime hub, right?

I'm sure it will, would be pretty stupid otherwise. Only the newest hub though, as it is'n backwards compatible with EV3 and earlier.

8 hours ago, howitzer said:

Well, headlights could be made fairly well  by stacking transparent bricks into a wall in front of the light. It could be cool for integrating headlights, turn signals, and even brake lights into one module!

18 hours ago, Cyber Master said:

First it will probably only work with the SPIKE software but I expect lego to add support for it to mindstorms RI and powered up later. You can probably use them with python and mindstorms when they come out.

14 hours ago, howitzer said:

Technic plates don't come in transparent though, do they? So you could utilize only the hole, which might not be that practical.

Yep you'd be limited to the round hole.

12 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Well, headlights could be made fairly well  by stacking transparent bricks into a wall in front of the light. It could be cool for integrating headlights, turn signals, and even brake lights into one module!

You could even make "animations" with turn signals and stuff like that.

15 minutes ago, XoverBrick said:

Here is also a new picture of the new Motor. 3x3x5 (plus plate) studs:

<snip>

Source: https://www.lego.com/assets/ecerts/6296517_122857_EUDOC_DE_10238276.PDF

So same form factor as the medium angular motors, except it's much shorter. Could be fitted for example inside a 5x7 frame, which is nice. Not exactly at the old Micro motor scale, but I'm sure this is much stronger and coupled with the smart control like other PU motors, I'm sure it'll be useful as a gearbox function selector, switch, steering control etc.

52 minutes ago, howitzer said:

coupled with the smart control like other PU motors, I'm sure it'll be useful as a gearbox function selector, switch, steering control etc.

Thinking exactly the same, this looks quite promising. The description names it 'Technic Small Angular', so there's some hope that it would be compatible with the PU software as well.. And if it's like the other angular motors, it has a two-way axle exit..

On 8/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, msk6003 said:

Motor size 5x3x3 if not count disc. 5x3x4 with disc.

Hub size 5x7x4

New wheel(can see in video) which smaller than spike small wheel but similer design with white rim and medium azure tire

Tire for wedge belt wheel come with new color - medium azure

I said but no one care me

22 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

I said but no one care me

We did notice your comment, but now that there's also a proper photo, we can actually discuss it, rather than speculate :)

10 minutes ago, barberminged said:

Pic of motors, light matrix, color sensor and and small hub:
<snip>

4 peripherals, 2 ports on the hub. Kinda misleading marketing photo, leading to believe all of them could be connected to the hub at the same time...

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Thinking exactly the same, this looks quite promising. The description names it 'Technic Small Angular', so there's some hope that it would be compatible with the PU software as well.. And if it's like the other angular motors, it has a two-way axle exit..

I'm sure that support for it will be added at a later date. The pup app still lacks support for spike and ri sensors.

One thing I noticed about the motor: the input voltage according to the datasheet is up to 6V which is pretty low compared to the system in general and other motors.

What confuse me more is the operation voltage Range of 3,0 to max 6,0V

Why, when Spike (Prime & Essential) uses a 7,4V Accu ?

Why not design it up to 9,0V to can use it also with the C+ Hub ?

Now PWM Range will be reduced tp 0 .. max. 60% at 9V, so regulation will be more limited

This motor looks to be very useful, given it's small size and Technic attachments. The angular component could be annoying in some situations, but helpful in many other ones.

I'm a bit disappointed about the new hub's dimensions…:

Metric Dimensions: L 56 x W 40 x H 32 mm
Stud Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 4 (only studs, no plates/bricks)

Comparison to PU small hub:
Stud Dimensions: 8 x ~5 x 4 (~5 = 4 bricks in height)

Overall… it's just one stud shorter in length.

In addition: Buttons and connectors are on different spots - so it would be hard  to use the new rechargeable hub as an replacement for the PU hub :(

2 hours ago, XoverBrick said:

7x5x4 means it is same size with 4 stacked 64179 ㅁ frame. Maybe it will not so different with AAA PU hub but it has even better to implant in technic model.

By the way, I find spike essential set itself didn't include any kind of gear. Even splat gear plate or duplo gear or something. Nothing.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:23 AM, howitzer said:

As headlights, it'd probably fit fairly well behind the 3x5x3 panel that was used for headlights on the 2017 All Terrain Tow Truck (and as a windscreen on several smaller models). That part has a slightly frosted surface texture that might make the grid less obvious like you describe, at least a little bit.

Edited by Lyichir

btw the small hub is 190 dollars.

The small motor has a lot of applications but will probably take years for it to get a recolour and be put in a technic set 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, dr_spock said:

Micro usb connectors are cheaper than usb-c.  Every cents count towards your business bottom line.  :pir-classic:

as of 2022 all equipment in EU has to be usb C