Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] Get excited for 40515 "Pirates & Treasure" VIP Value Add-On pack!

Just recently brickset published pics straight from TLG regarding VIP pirate part pack going online along with other March sets but I don't know if they will stick to their plan for a limited release in UK (?) or they will release it worldwide, plus still no news of its cost in VIP points.

I was wondering what happened to this VIP pack. Did anyone received any code to get it? Was it available, even if only in UK?

When you type a set number to google, Luxemburg official Lego shop will come up with it, listed for 10€ as "free item".

EDIT: UK shop has it listed as well.

40515 in official Lego shop

No overpriced ebay offers so far, so I suppose it was not released yet.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Peter1999 said:

I was wondering what happened to this VIP pack. Did anyone received any code to get it? Was it available, even if only in UK?

When you type a set number to google, Luxemburg official Lego shop will come up with it, listed for 10€ as "free item".

EDIT: UK shop has it listed as well.

40515 in official Lego shop

No overpriced ebay offers so far, so I suppose it was not released yet.

I was one of the lucky VIPs who was offered free packs. You could get two of the Winter, Fun and Spooky pack in their respective periods, Pirate was the next (and seemingly final) one. 

However, I've not heard anything for months, none of the Pirate packs seem to have been released via the trial scheme. I have contacted Lego about it and they seem to have no idea when the next pack will be released, if at all. 

The trial was supposed to end with a questionnaire asking how the participants found the giveaways, but nothing has been heard on that front either. 

The packs were £8.99 in your basket but were free gifts. 

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

I was one of the lucky VIPs who was offered free packs. You could get two of the Winter, Fun and Spooky pack in their respective periods, Pirate was the next (and seemingly final) one. 

However, I've not heard anything for months, none of the Pirate packs seem to have been released via the trial scheme. I have contacted Lego about it and they seem to have no idea when the next pack will be released, if at all. 

The trial was supposed to end with a questionnaire asking how the participants found the giveaways, but nothing has been heard on that front either. 

The packs were £8.99 in your basket but were free gifts. 

Mighty strange, indeed. :pir-sceptic:

I have had a pretty rough two years but from time to time I check the VIP section and I haven't seen or heard any news about these gift polybags. 

Rumor has it this will be a vip exclusive when buying sets of $50 and above early next month 

On 7/28/2022 at 6:39 PM, jodawill said:

Does anyone have an inventory for this set?

Maybe these will help you get an idea.

Sq39OaX.jpg

3SgibMz.jpg

40515_alt1.png

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

I'm curious about how they chose the parts for this. What are the bricks and plates for? Did they actually have a particular build in mind when they chose the parts?

2 hours ago, Hive said:

It's live! :pir-huzzah1:

pirate.jpg

That's extremely annoying! I had no idea, and I ordered my castle yesterday... I've been looking forward to that one. :pir-angry:

1 hour ago, Jiesdeo said:

That's extremely annoying! I had no idea, and I ordered my castle yesterday... I've been looking forward to that one. :pir-angry:

Oh that's a shame. Perhaps you can still cancel and re-order?

It was heavily rumored to be released today, so I took my chances and believed the rumor.

I don't see anything about it on the US site at all.

I didn't at first either, but it's under "offers and sales". Just got mine put in my order after reaching (well, let's be honest, exceeding) the $50 requirement, best of luck! 
Probably a good time to note that the Shark Attack Stunt Challenge is available; not a bad Pirates part pack either.

2 hours ago, PxChris said:

I don't see anything about it on the US site at all.

It’s deeply hidden, if you type in 40515 on the Lego site it’s a very hidden fine print, but added a purchase and it was there, Hey will this be sold individually later on?? 🤷

Edited by eldiano

I don't understand it.

It's listed as 10,99€ (way too expensive imo) but also has a "Free item" description under it.
Does this mean that after 30 September 2022 it will be sold as an individual package?

Can someone explain?

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

GWP showed on the site as "Free item" with a price before this, but were never actually sold.

Forest Hideout is listed at €25 .

Previous GWP include :

40529 Children's Amusement park at €15

40533 USS Cosmic Cardboard Adventures at €20

40487 Sailboat Adventures at €25

Edited by TeriXeri

On 8/5/2022 at 2:17 AM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I don't understand it.

It's listed as 10,99€ (way too expensive imo) but also has a "Free item" description under it.
Does this mean that after 30 September 2022 it will be sold as an individual package?

Can someone explain?

Sooooo it’s more complicated than that and I wish it were true but generally with GWP or gift sets is the fact that say you change your mind on your purchase that got you a GWP and want to return it but you want to keep the GWP, what lego usually does online is that they can let you keep your GWP by letting you buy it at that retail price, i.e the price it’s listed on the website. i agree 9.99 is too much for this bag.  

Edited by eldiano

So the Pirates and Treasure VIP Add On Pack is availabe again from 1st until 9th October with a 50€ threshold in the Lego Online Shop.

^Seems to be Europe only unfortunately, I only got the Halloween pack when I ordered the viking village.

I was disappointed we didn't get the Pirate pack gain in the U.S. also.  The lack of consistency in promotions around the world is annoying at times.  Just like we never got the Winter pack over here.  I get that there are supply issues going into some of these things but if there are GWP's remaining at the end of a promo period they should just distribute them until they are gone rather than bringing some back 2, 3, 4 or more times in different regions.  Meanwhile we are still waiting for some to show up that have been rumored for months.