Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] Get excited for 40515 "Pirates & Treasure" VIP Value Add-On pack!

The LEGO Group is releasing some VIP value packs; "40512 Fun and Funky," "40514 Winter Wonderland", and "40513 Spooky".

But the one we give two hoots about is: “40515 Pirates and Treasure” - will this be of any use to your MOCing?

Further details are available in this Classic Pirates Blog Post.

Click here for more information

Good parts! Thought most of this is available in POBB (I'm not complaining at all about it). Just one more thing, the fact that these are VIP add-ons is quite a let down (not for all, surely).

4 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This will be available only to VIP Members?

Aye, as I'm guessing (least the blog says so). I don't use Lego.com for shopping, due to there being other good stores with same amount of sets available with discounts. This could've worked a lot better as a casual standalone polybag or something along them lines.

Alright, I'll stop ranting at this point. On the positive note, let's for a sequel to this. :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

Just one more thing, the fact that these are VIP add-ons is quite a let down (not for all, surely).

Aye, as I'm guessing (least the blog says so). I don't use Lego.com for shopping, due to there being other good stores with same amount of sets available with discounts. This could've worked a lot better as a casual standalone polybag or something along them lines.

Alright, I'll stop ranting at this point. On the positive note, let's for a sequel to this. :pir-huzzah2:

I'm not a VIP, but I have some VIP Points.

Will I be able to use these points for purchasing “40515  Pirates and Treasure”?

Dammit, why do they keep making things complicated!? :pir-angry:

43 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I'm not a VIP, but I have some VIP Points.

The question is... how did you get the points if you are not a VIP member?

I think that the concept is an interesting one. I fear that the execution of said concept will be awful though. Here's to hoping I'm wrong! :pir-huzzah1:

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Dammit, why do they keep making things complicated!? :pir-angry:

No big fuss to set up a VIP account, just register. :pir-grin:

That said, it's not a personal preference of mine but fair enough for others.

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The question is... how did you get the points if you are not a VIP member?

When I ordered the 21322 Pirates of the Barracuda Bay from the LEGO site.

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

When I ordered the 21322 Pirates of the Barracuda Bay from the LEGO site.

Points should not show up if you didn't even sign up for VIP...

Not bad, I can always use more cannons. In fact, I need just one more for my Redoubtable MOC. NOw, I wonder if we will be able to pick up more than one? Any clue as to the release date?

EKnight

This is the whole reason I save up on points, LEGO will drop these gems out of nowhere hahaa

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

This is the whole reason I save up on points, LEGO will drop these gems out of nowhere hahaa

You're playing into the game! :pir-skel:

Yummy pack! Now I have to find a keychain I would like to order and check if I can also order a spooky-galore to stock up on skeletons.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Can we speculate how much will those cost in VIP points? Can't wait for a full list of all the items there

So what does this mean for any hope for future Pirates themed sets? My fear is that this is Lego clearing out their Pirate related parts and that we won't see anything for the foreseeable future.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:07 AM, LegoDW said:

Have they said when these are going to be offered?

not yet

Saw TLG is to trial run this VIP offering in England first.  Not sure why, would seam like high demand.  

On 7/22/2021 at 5:58 AM, Jiesdeo said:

So what does this mean for any hope for future Pirates themed sets? My fear is that this is Lego clearing out their Pirate related parts and that we won't see anything for the foreseeable future.

Don't think this is happening.  Barracuda Bay is still selling well.  IMO the Pirate theme is to lucrative for TLG to pass on.....I'm all on board!

22 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

Is it though? It was recently rumored to be retired already this year.

I heard that also.  Feel their is still value for TLG to keep this set on the shelves.....Christmas shopping will be coming up and what kid (and AFOL) doesn't want a large priate ship under the tree.  

4 hours ago, LegoDW said:

I heard that also.  Feel their is still value for TLG to keep this set on the shelves.....Christmas shopping will be coming up and what kid (and AFOL) doesn't want a large priate ship under the tree.  

Yeah I agree, It feels mad that it would retire already.

Just to add...

Maybe Barracuda Bay being discontinued is due to logistics. It has a lot of special parts like the cannon and the ship's pieces and the parts they have in storage is not enough for a new wave of the set and producing a full new batch is too expensive. Maybe that's why we're getting these VIP packs as well. To get rid of the spare cannons and other parts they still have.

Maybe I'm a bit negative, they could be discontinuing PoBB to make room for a full new line of Pirates as well. But I don't have any faith in Lego with regards to Pirates so I don't see that happening. I would love to be wrong, though.

On topic but I think I am not excited anymore about those country specific VIP giveaways the way they got handled...