Jim

AFOL Passion Survey

TLG has requested to share this survey with you...AFOLs!

AFOL Passion Survey
This survey is designed to measure your passions and interests as an Adult Fan of LEGO (AFOL) and how well official and unofficial touchpoints fuel your passion. Please help us understand what you love the most and how we can better serve the needs of the community.

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to finish and is completely anonymous.

GDPR Disclaimer:
This survey will not be collecting any of your personal information, and your answers will be completely anonymous. Your answers will only ever be reported together with other results in an aggregated form, and your responses will never be able to be tracked back to you as an individual. We will share these anonymous results internally.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=FTUGHa1slUGUhupl30Vvqk12_wsCUYpCjSSbBab664hUMldWQldHTFVVRThVQlZURkFWWjdJOFRQOC4u

Finished! I don't know how useful my answers will actually be, but I definitely felt like they asked a lot of genuinely good questions. Hopefully this can give them some useful insights about how many different ways AFOLs enjoy LEGO or enjoy being part of a community of LEGO fans, and how to better cater to those varied perspectives and varied roles that LEGO plays in our lives.

I feel like most of the questions are a bit way too generalized and won't really help them that much in understanding what are our interests and why we care about LEGO. And given how diverse the LEGO community is, this whole poll is going to be a convoluted mass of answers that would seem quite inconsistent with one another, because there are so many LEGO sub-communities that enjoy in LEGO completely different ways from one another. 

Odd survey ...

I'd asked a bunch of other questions, imho 

Did the survey. Come to think of it, when there were options for forums, only Reddit was mentioned, EB wasn't mentioned anywhere at all. It's no big fuss, just gets me thinking if Lego sub-reddit is more popular than the entirety of Eurobricks.

Done.

If anyone is reticent for privacy reasons, the only demographic questions were country, age band, gender and whether or not you had kids.

9 hours ago, The_Creator said:

Taken, gave a special shout-out to lack of in-house sci-fi and castle themes. 

Where exactly did they allow you to say that? I did the entire survey and there wasn't any such questions as "what products do you wish The LEGO Group produced?"

I really wanted to voice my own things I feel they are currently lacking, but there was nowhere I could reply with that.

I filled in the form.
They were interesting, in-depth questions and I wonder what might come out of this.
I appreciate LEGO doing this.

Regards,
Mitch

Done! But just like @Lego David, I missed a part where I could explain what I find to be currently lacking (i.e....Castle!).

Would eurobricks count as: 

Fan Media
15.If you follow any LEGO Fan sites, do you know if are they Recognized LEGO Fan Media?Required to answer. Single choice.
Yes, they are recongized
No, they're not recongized
I follow fan media but don't know if they are recognized
I don't follow any fan media

Have completed the survey — was interested to note that Reddit was listed as the first and only example of a message board where people talk about LEGO.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, Beck said:

Would eurobricks count as: 

Fan Media
15.If you follow any LEGO Fan sites, do you know if are they Recognized LEGO Fan Media?Required to answer. Single choice.
Yes, they are recongized
No, they're not recongized
I follow fan media but don't know if they are recognized
I don't follow any fan media

Clearly the right answer here was the third one for you, but the first now you know. 

It was more complicated for me, as I use some that I know are recognised, some that I know are not, and some that I don't know. But the badly worded question / answer doesn't allow for that. I just went for the one I use most, even though that was not stated.