Sign in to follow this  
Tomik

[C-model] 31121 - Fantasy Characters

I haven't bought LEGO Creator set 31121 because I am fan of crocodiles but because it is the biggest Creator set with animals in last 10 years.

tn_31121_alt1_jpg.jpg

- So, what will I do with it now?

- I'm gonna make some alternative model out of its bricks!

- And what could I build from pile of green bricks?

- Aquaman!

And is not Aquaman from Justice League but Czech Aquaman who is called "vodník" or "hastrman" in Czech. He often appears in traditional fairy tales. He lives in pond and his hobbies are sitting on willow, smoking pipe and collecting souls of drowned people. My figure features great articulation and few accessories: pipe, bench and little frog.

51245555200_f3af83dbd7_c.jpg

51244694798_1db5d87090_c.jpg

51243786222_101c2f1c36_c.jpg

Then I thought it would be cool to add one more fantasy creature from water so I built mermaid. She is not perfect but I tried to make her as cute and sexy as possible. It was pretty challenging building - especially head that is mostly built upside-down. She features great articulation thanks to longer ball joints although they doesn't look that good. Finally I made little stone for her from leftover parts so she can sit on it.

Building instructions for both models are available at buildinst.cz

51253661642_70633d00f2_c.jpg

51255431055_909d2c18c0_c.jpg

51255136784_08071d8d9b_c.jpg

51255136749_c264eb20fa_c.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

Those are so good, again , 3-in-1 is great by itself but the alternate builds people come up with make the theme even more attractive to me.

And then to think this is from a Crocodile set :wub:

I always look at the parts lists for sets, and especially 3-in-1, and combination of SNOT parts and ball joints just add a lot of extra value to sets for MOCs.

This set in particular also has a good color selection.

Edited by TeriXeri

19 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Those are so good, again , 3-in-1 is great by itself but the alternate builds people come up with make the theme even more attractive to me.

And then to think this is from a Crocodile set :wub:

I always look at the parts lists for sets, and especially 3-in-1, and combination of SNOT parts and ball joints just add a lot of extra value to sets for MOCs.

This set in particular also has a good color selection.

Thank you for your comment. Creator 3-in-1 is my favorite theme together with Technic because both of them contains only basic parts that are easy to reuse in something else.