Ecclesiastes

GOH Anniversary, 2nd count down challenges. DEADLINE update: 31st of October!

To the winners,

May you bathe in glory and fame.
May you cherish the spoils of a battle well fought. 
May you feast in the comfort of your heaths, until the next battle is upon us.

For we are humble learners, followers of your creativity and dexterity to put brick over brick in the joust.
Skol, fellow builders. Chin up! For we are all winners if we grow stronger after every battle. 

I'll hide in the frosty mountains of the North and wait anxiously for the next time we meet in the battlefield. 
It's an honor. 

Skol.

Sooo. 

Any chance we might be up for a new storyline or challenge still in 2022?
Missing the Guilds.
Missing the spoils of war. 
Missing the bursting creativity and storytelling drive that comes with another battle of bricks. 

Sires and Ladies, warriors of the White North, Treehuggers, Sandcrawlers and undead-dead-people.. are you with me and still there?

2 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Sooo. 

Missing the Guilds.
Missing the bursting creativity and storytelling drive that comes with another battle of bricks. 

Sires and Ladies, warriors of the White North, Treehuggers, Sandcrawlers and undead-dead-people.. are you with me and still there?

I'd love to do a Guilds collab with you and anyone else interested even if we don't get a main event. I'll start a PM if anyone else is interested.

@Louis of Nutwood Good that you bring this up. :thumbup: Maybe a mini-challenge to kick things up. 🤔

In my case I've been building for GoH mostly in the weekends I was at home this year, but it's a large project and I've spent more time away from home than in previous years. And sometimes I feel the need to build in other genres too. 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Sooo. 

Missing the Guilds.

I fully support this!  Especially if it aligns with the CCC/Brickscalibur winter contests.

Kaliphlin is way too peaceful lately.

Edited by jtooker

On 9/12/2022 at 9:19 PM, MKJoshA said:

I'd love to do a Guilds collab with you and anyone else interested even if we don't get a main event. I'll start a PM if anyone else is interested.

I'm on board too!

Edited by mrcp6d
The forum freaked out and copied my reply to MKJoshA a whole bunch of times. Sorry!

Count me in if anything happens around here! :sweet: I'm going to have a few tough months at work, but I have a GOH build-in-progress - and story-in-progress, too, even if I've been experiencing a bit of a writer's block recently.

Edited by Aurore

Great to see some hype!  I think we should have something to build for soon. :smug:

I'm absolutely down for any challenge, event, etc!  I recently finished up university, so I finally have consistent access to my parts collection!

I have it on good authority that there is another contest in the works as well as a plan for the next Book.

But leadership said we'd have time between the two for a collab. So I'll start a PM! Let me know if I miss you in the PM or if you want to join.

I need a solid kick in the pants to build, so I'm in for the collab if you'll take digital!

@jtooker if Kaliphin is too peaceful I know a certain mummy who has a penchant for chaos :grin:

The headline fooled me a bit I think, I suppose it means October 31st is 2021...? 

In any case, now when the general election here in Sweden is finally over (taking a step back from politics the coming term = hopefully a bit more time back for Lego) and after Skaerbaek Fan Weekend (the upcoming weekend) I'm really looking forward to building a bit more for Kaliphlin again! Have been in waiting mode for the upcoming challenge for a bit too long now, and what little Lego inspiration I've had has ended up at a couple of internal training & marketing projects at work instead.

On 9/13/2022 at 1:26 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Ad Sumus!

Ad Summmus!!