Ecclesiastes

GOH Anniversary, 2nd count down challenges. DEADLINE update: 31st of October!

50808155792_7b574cb6e3_w.jpg

It's almost an amazing 10 years ago since the first members settled in Historica. So, of course, we are going to celebrate this in a fantastic way in October with some amazing prizes. October is still far away, so to kick-off there will be two rounds of challenges.

Just for fun, but also as a mandatory threshold to participate in the last round. You need to have at least 3 Guild mocs! This can be free builds, but easier is just joining the fun with these new challenges. So new and old members, have fun and start building for the glory of Mitgardia!!! Or of course a guild of your choice:tongue:

Runtime: July, August, September and October. Results will be announced in November

Category 1: Populating Historica(post topic as CDC2 CMF"member name")
Like the watchtower challenge, the CMF challenge was incredibly popular. So be creative and make 16 minifigs that fit Historica perfectly. You have to represent all five guilds at least once. So 1 for each guild and going nuts with 11 more for Varlyrio is perfectly fine. A post requires an overview shot of all 16 minifigs and a shot of each one individually with a little bit of information/backstory. For example: past random entry (Only official LEGO parts allowed!)

Category 2: Ancient Wonders (post topic as CDC2 Ancient Wonders:"moc-name")
Also a blast from the past! Sacred trees in Avalonia, Dwarven statues in Mitgardia, Lava pits in Nocturnus, Beautiful churches in Varlyrio, Oases in Kaliphlin, and so much more. Show one of Historica's Wonders in all its glory!

This time first and second place of both categories get two of those shiny new Falcon Knights and a Guilds of Historica Brick.

51063084571_ae828d5f66_c.jpg

But wait.... There's more.... That's why there's also more time to build. The winner of the first category will also get a(Ninjago set(TBA)) and, drum roll please.... The winner of the second category will get The Ideas Blacksmith!:excited:

Sounds great! I'll definitely try to make something for Category 1.

Quick question: do the figures have to be generic "civilians", or can they be named characters? I've been working on six named characters for a while now. Would any of these characters be disqualified from the 16 figures? I assume that Kars would (seeing as how I posted about him months ago) but the other characters have never been posted. 

I see no reason why named characters from your storyline would be excluded. Or even Kars, assuming he was wearing a new outfit or something like that. In fact, you are encouraged to make up a name for each of your characters and include a little backstory for each, if it’s anything like last time.

The fun continues! I've got a substantial idea for cat. 2, hope I can work it out. :)

GoH, great, Yes! :sweet:

Talus I think it does. :thumbup:

Edited by Niku

14 hours ago, TalusMoonbreaker said:

Does the CMF Challenge count for the 3 required builds for the anniversary challenge?

Yes, I don’t see why not. By doing both categories, you should have two builds towards the three required.

@Ecclesiastes, is there any particular format that you want for the CMF entry? A 4x4 grid arrangement overview shot? And individual shots, too? Front and back, or just front? Or front 3/4? Thanks! 

May the gods old and new guide us through this unknown path.
Let the 16 people we meet along the way be brave to teach us, and kind to let us tell their story. 
And may the wonders of the ancient world be as marvelous in person as they are in bedtime stories.

We salute you, mighty builders!
For the time to build, once again, reigns upon us all. 

Skol!

Great, another chance for not winning! :D

Can we use, Brickwarrior and Brickforge parts too? 

Regarding the cmf challenge, I've updated it with just a bit more info.

24 minutes ago, Ecclesiastes said:

Regarding the cmf challenge, I've updated it with just a bit more info.

Awesome, thanks!

I can do two entries for the same category, right? I can't let Kalaphlin have all the love, can I?! I need to build for the glory of Varlyrio!

My entry, also set in Kaliphlin:

On 8/7/2021 at 11:30 PM, W Navarre said:

I can do two entries for the same category, right? I can't let Kalaphlin have all the love, can I?! I need to build for the glory of Varlyrio!

Umm, no, no, you had better delete your first entry and try again with something else, maybe something smaller and less cool. 

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, I'll check. 

I have two questions:

On 7/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

Just for fun, but also as a mandatory threshold to participate in the last round. You need to have at least 3 Guild mocs! This can be free builds, but easier is just joining the fun with these new challenges. So new and old members, have fun and start building for the glory of Mitgardia!!! Or of course a guild of your choice:tongue:

Does this mean that the CDC2 entry can count as a free build? Or does it have to be "3 Guild Mocs" excluding the CDC2 entry

Second question: I plan on having one of my CMF characters be from Cedrica. Is this allowed? I know it isn't one of the five guilds. 

13 hours ago, socalbricks said:

I have two questions:

Does this mean that the CDC2 entry can count as a free build? Or does it have to be "3 Guild Mocs" excluding the CDC2 entry

Second question: I plan on having one of my CMF characters be from Cedrica. Is this allowed? I know it isn't one of the five guilds. 

The answer to the first question is yes, CDC1 and CDC2 entries count towards the 3 Guild MOCs. So do any other builds you have ever done in the Guilds of Historica, at any point in the almost 10 years.

The answer to the second question is yes, that is allowed. The rules state that you must have at least 1 fig from each guild, so as long as that’s covered, you can do what you like with the rest.

Good questions and happy building!

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The answer to the first question is yes, CDC1 and CDC2 entries count towards the 3 Guild MOCs. So do any other builds you have ever done in the Guilds of Historica, at any point in the almost 10 years.

The answer to the second question is yes, that is allowed. The rules state that you must have at least 1 fig from each guild, so as long as that’s covered, you can do what you like with the rest.

Good questions and happy building!

Thank you for the clarification!

My entry for the first one is below. Such a fun challenge! I found it surprisingly enjoyable, and learned quite a bit about taking photos too!