Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Recommended Posts

$13 discount is nothing. Double points will give you $10 back. Then there is Honey that gives you money back and GWPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll probably convert the building from the older 2019 Downtown fire set to a Bank/Mayor office type building.

I compared the 2022 Fire Chase Pickup truck to the 2019 Fire Chief Truck and the size is very similar, it even has a pretty much identical sticker for the side build electronic box, one is in grey one is in black but the electronic print is the same.

One thing I'd improve to the 2022 Fire Chase pickup truck would be to add 2 transparent blue 1x1 studs or cheese slopes to the front grille as there are 2 empty spots.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I'll probably convert the building from the older 2019 Downtown fire set to a Bank/Mayor office type building, I did get some 2022 Police sets but not the bank.

Forget the new bank. Get the one from either 2011 or 2017. Those were better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Forget the new bank. Get the one from either 2011 or 2017. Those were better. 

31097: Townhouse Pet Shop & Café also had a better Bank (without vehicles), it's 3-in-1 but had a windowed-off area where the bank tellers can stand, with a safe with a keypad.

(2022 building isn't bad but comes with vehicles I don't really want right now)

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

(2022 building isn't bad but comes with vehicles I don't really want right now)

I agree! I'm not really fond of the big helicopter and the monster truck. Too big for my town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree! I'm not really fond of the big helicopter and the monster truck. Too big for my town.

I like the smaller helicopter included in the 2022 Police Station since it can fit on the helipad/roof, and my other Police helicopter with a net shooter is the sky police set which still has a unique design imo.

People might dislike sky police but I think it had a great helicopter, jet and armored truck, I didn't get the airbase as it spent more pieces/budget on an empty huge jet instead of a building.

Also, surprisingly the 2020 helicopter is still sold until the end of this year :

tn_60243_alt3_jpg.jpg

I can see the appeal of the 2022 helicopter though, it has open side for dropping a figure down on the roof of the bank, makes a cool play scenario in that Bank set, and those larger City sets are certainly scenario sets to protect the bank/capture criminals, or put out the fire in the Downtown Fire/Sardine sets from 2019/2022.

I'd still like to see a more compact way for sliding side doors without going 8+ wide.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I like the smaller helicopter included in the 2022 Police Station since it can fit on the helipad/roof, and my other Police helicopter with a net shooter is the sky police set which still has a unique design imo.

People might dislike sky police but I think it had a great helicopter, jet and armored truck, I didn't get the airbase as it spent more pieces/budget on an empty huge jet instead of a building.

Also, surprisingly the 2020 helicopter is still sold until the end of this year :

tn_60243_alt3_jpg.jpg

I can see the appeal of the 2022 helicopter though, it has open side for dropping a figure down on the roof of the bank, makes a cool play scenario in that Bank set, and those larger City sets are certainly scenario sets to protect the bank/capture criminals, or put out the fire in the Downtown Fire/Sardine sets from 2019/2022.

I'd still like to see a more compact way for sliding side doors without going 8+ wide.

Personally, I love the 2020 helicopter probably the best. It was definately a step up from the 2017 police helicopter as the compartment was closed this time and not exposed. I also love how simple, but detailed it looks and it definately gave me some hope as this took place during the pull cord helicopter trend that failed so miserably that Lego stopped it the following year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree! I'm not really fond of the big helicopter and the monster truck. Too big for my town.

nI don’t think that monster truck is huge - I have one from 2018 or 2019 ( I think?) and it’s a good size! But I have no interest in big helicopters.

Also, I think it’s time for City theme to have….a hot-air balloon!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Forget the new bank. Get the one from either 2011 or 2017. Those were better. 

60140 from 2017, used, is more expensive now than it was when it was released. I do like that set because the bulldozer is awesome.

But if I can get the new bank for $60 it be worth it as I like the bad guy truck. (All the other vehicles I'd sell.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

@Maple Let's just come to an agreement to disagree. 

On what? I agree with you the other banks are nicer, just expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2022 at 10:57 PM, LCP said:

To celebrate the 90th anniversary of Lego's foundation, many large products seem to be coming out. It won't be a city series, but won't there be a product as a town series?

Not that I know of. 

I only know there are 90 Years of Play (from Classic theme), Lion Queen’s Castle (a big 90th anniveary set), Forestmen’s Hideout (GWP), and Galaxy Exploer (Classic Space). 

Also, there would be CMF Series 23 that celebrate 90th anniveary. 

Other than Town theme, I don’t think there will be Pirates or Bionicle set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/14/2022 at 9:52 AM, Rotbart said:

What about a brick-built "UCS" goat? ~1000 pieces, complete with plaque ("the GOAT goat" :D ) and of course the one small minifig-scale mould that everyone actually wants.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/746d58cb-ad0e-4c14-af6e-a923737cbe57

They did it, the crazy sons of *****'s did it.

LyewE54.jpg

Edited by Yoggington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Maple said:

On what? I agree with you the other banks are nicer, just expensive.

Oh...right. Very true indeed. Expense is why I buy most of my bricks second hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not that I know of. 

I only know there are 90 Years of Play (from Classic theme), Lion Queen’s Castle (a big 90th anniveary set), Forestmen’s Hideout (GWP), and Galaxy Exploer (Classic Space). 

Also, there would be CMF Series 23 that celebrate 90th anniveary. 

Other than Town theme, I don’t think there will be Pirates or Bionicle set. 

@LCP, actaully….I think City dos have Trains sets with some minifigures from 1980s, I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s WAYYYYY too early for me to start my speculation…so please don’t call me out.

Okay, I have been wondering about subtheme next year. 

Safari vehcile from 2020 goes to Wildlife Rescue from 2021

Stunt set from 2020 goes to Stuntz from 2021 and 2022

Tractor from 2021 goes to Farm from 2022 (along with Horse Transporter)

So I just look at the list of Citysets that we have this year. I don’t think Hopsital subtheme will do - Hopsital set is way big while other sets (Safari, Stunt, Tractor) are small. So medical subtheme is possible to be ruled out. Same way for School Day. I know they are part of MyCity theme so definite doesn’t scream “subtheme” to me. 

Probably Picnic in the Park, Lifeguard Sta, Mobile Crane/Cement Mier could point us to new subtheme next year. 

Now, please don’t get your hope up yet.

 

 

Personally, I prefer to see some subtheme that will introduce some new animal molds. So I hope there would be Forest/Park subtheme. :) I will lower my expectation lower, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MUST GET without hesitation

60335. 60336, 60337, 60344, 60345, 60346, 60347

Luckily I am not interested in anything about stunt, otherwise I'll have to burn even more money

but I am a bit disappointed about the new city farm sets but I will still get them all

Edited by ks6349

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still wondering what attracts you all to that new passenger train. That locomotive looks totally weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm still wondering what attracts you all to that new passenger train. That locomotive looks totally weird. 

I agree that the locomotive looks a bit weird but one flaw alone isn't enough to stop it being attractive to Lego fans. It has been 4 years now from the last passenger train. After all, between 60197 and the new passenger train, I will get the new one first without doubt, I still haven't got 60197 though.

Edited by ks6349

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm still wondering what attracts you all to that new passenger train. That locomotive looks totally weird. 

I think it looks alright, has a brick built nose and the outgoing model was just ugly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

I think it looks alright, has a brick built nose and the outgoing model was just ugly!

Wut? We'll have to agree to disagree there. The outgoing model imo was the best passenger train ever made by City. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just noticed the figure in the upcoming 3-in-1 31130: Sunken Treasure Mission seems to have an unprinted version of the Daisy Kaboom hair.

Edit : ok, looked it up further, it's not new at all, 2020 in black, but still nice to see different hairstyles used even in 3-in-1 figs.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm still wondering what attracts you all to that new passenger train. That locomotive looks totally weird. 

It doesn’t scream for me to buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 4:11 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It doesn’t scream for me to buy it. 

I agree. Doesn't say buy for me either. But as far as the train station, vegetable truck, bathtub stunt bike and grocery store.....THEY SCREAM BUY!!!!!!

Edited by Poodabricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.