Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I would be interested in forest-themed police station, rather than urban police stations. 

Speaking of forest…do we have ranger station sets before? 

No, although the previous Forest Police theme (2012 I think)  was pretty close (and introduced the grizzly bear). A forest revisit could make use of a bunch of new animal moulds that have appeared since. 

24 minutes ago, williejm said:

No, although the previous Forest Police theme (2012 I think)  was pretty close (and introduced the grizzly bear). A forest revisit could make use of a bunch of new animal moulds that have appeared since. 

Agreed, definitley long overdue for Forest-themed Police sets. 

I would love to see raccoon, fox, deer/fawn, beaver, otter, and more for this Forest theme. Ah well…we will see. :)

8 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

4440: Forest Police Station (https://brickset.com/sets/4440-1/Forest-Police-Station) was such a great set.

It’s long overdue for sure. 

11 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Ah! Makes sense. I also agree with you on the color scheme change. To be honest, I hope they do a black and white color scheme similar to the LAPD. But of course their vehicles are based on what is seen in Europe so I'm not going to even consider that a possibility. 

Vehicles are not necessarily more European, 60139 was still a North American style truck. 60239 was based on a Dodge Charger, 60242 looks like an US-style muscle car like a Mustang.

The more I think about it, the less I feel they will change the colour scheme, unless they move into some special police territory like the doomed Elite/Night Police last year, because City is mostly based on the TV-series and I don't think they will deviate too much from the show. And they will definitely try to avoid obvious similarities to an existing US police force to avoid a backlash like they got for their Elite/Night Police.

Edited by rzmpf

While the current LEGO police color scheme certainly has some common look with the german Polizei in terms of yellow stripes, I still hope one day LEGO will actually make a neon yellow color, that's as bright as the Coral color.

Neon yellow Ambulance or Air Ambulance in a set could look pretty cool as well.

Other then that, Police Livery colors still vary a lot across Europe and the EU, many countries don't even use yellow for their police cars at all.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Police_cars_by_country

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do we ahve Police Academy set at all? 

I've been screaming for a people pack that's based off of a police academy of some sort. But let's be real. Its obvious that they don't do people packs anymore. 

8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I've been screaming for a people pack that's based off of a police academy of some sort. But let's be real. Its obvious that they don't do people packs anymore. 

Same for Firefighting Academy…. Lego should take notes from us!

Yup, I notice there are no people packs since 2017 or so. I just thought they had some great accessories and minifigures to populate the city’s certain locations like police or firefighter or forest or whatever it is. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Same for Firefighting Academy…. Lego should take notes from us!

Yup, I notice there are no people packs since 2017 or so. I just thought they had some great accessories and minifigures to populate the city’s certain locations like police or firefighter or forest or whatever it is. 

The last people packs were in 2019 and they were some nice ones too. Still regret not getting the space one. 

6 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

The last people packs were in 2019 and they were some nice ones too. Still regret not getting the space one. 

Oh yes! I forgot about that space-themed people pack.

It would be neat if Lego do African-themed people pack but i doubt it will happen.

8 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Bro! He'd be a good minifig for the school set. Maybe he can man the front door. 

I thought it was included in that rocket stunt bike

23 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I thought it was included in that rocket stunt bike

It's not him, he is called Rocket Racer.

ME2BMN5_o.jpg

8 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

It's not him, he is called Rocket Racer.

Yea I knew it because I wanted to know every exclusive minifigures, but they look very similar

18 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Lego Racers vibes anyone?

Nope, I don’t think so. 

And Rocket Racer? Is that even a name for a minifigure? 

12 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

@DBlegonerd7 @Powered by Bricks Funny enough because I wanted a Rocket Racer set when I was 9 for pete's sake. One based off of his car set for the first Lego Racers game. 

I cant remember seeing Rocket Racer set when we were little. But I do remember playing Lego Racers game!

I think ti would be really neat to have some Lego Raacer characters like Rocket Racer make return to 2021!

12 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I cant remember seeing Rocket Racer set when we were little. But I do remember playing Lego Racers game!

I think ti would be really neat to have some Lego Raacer characters like Rocket Racer make return to 2021!

Yeah! Like as in, I wanted Lego to make one.

Hey American folks!

Just a freindly reminder - Wildlife Rescue sets will be available on Aug 1. :) 

Since I already have all animals from this subtheme, I will pick up ATV set. It’s just because I need more monkeys.