Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

I do like that this wave likely contains vehicles and such that haven't been seen in a while, as someone who was away from LEGO and not collecting City until about 2018.

The last cement mixer trucks were 2013 and 2007 so that was a while ago for sure.

20 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

I am not sure did anyone mentioned it or thought but 60303 Advent Calendar will have this small hospital and ambulance which is rumoured for the Winter wave. Much earlier before this list came up we wondered about this fact. There is still a bus and fire helicopter.

Fire Helicopter is a small scale version of 60281 but the bus could be a sign for a new bus

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

I am not sure did anyone mentioned it or thought but 60303 Advent Calendar will have this small hospital and ambulance which is rumoured for the Winter wave. Much earlier before this list came up we wondered about this fact. There is still a bus and fire helicopter.

No wildlife rescue-themed advent calendar. :( Oh well…

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

That's been mentioned a lot on here. I think that bus might be a future set too. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

That's been mentioned a lot on here. I think that bus might be a future set too. 

I don’t want to get my hope high. You see, Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2020 did have microscale Durstrang ship but so far, no ship this year. 

NonAmerican Lego fans, just curious - did you get Wildlife Rescue sets yet or are they scheduled to be released on Aug 1? 

According to S@H, it says Aug 1 in USA. Less than one month now so I can’t wait to order one or two sets. 

56 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

NonAmerican Lego fans, just curious - did you get Wildlife Rescue sets yet or are they scheduled to be released on Aug 1? 

They released the first week of June in Europe.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

They released the first week of June in Europe.

Okay, thanks. I just can’t remember when these Wildlife Rescue sets were released in Europe. Well, you are sure lucky. 

But why not worldwide release? That’s in quesiton….

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Okay, thanks. I just can’t remember when these Wildlife Rescue sets were released in Europe. Well, you are sure lucky. 

A bit earlier here in Australia, I saw them in department stores at the end of May, and we also have a lower price on one of the sets relative to the US prices in comparison to each other at stores (though not on S@H). I was unsure why we are getting them earlier when normally its the other way around I am guessing there was a specific supply issue in North America.

Edited by Stuartn

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Usually for summer releases (there are some exceptions), Europe gets them June 1st and US gets them August 1st.

The rumors get me really hyped, construction sets in City finally! A cement mixer and a crane after so many many years, now that would be truly amazing! If Lego makes a cow/farm transporter then all their sins are forgiven. The other sets sound promising too. An US style Fire station would be a nice addition. The only thing that keeps me wondering is the park. What can be so attractive about it that Lego decided to make one?

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

US/Canada has different rules with Box and Instructions, like Warnings and Piece Count, if you look at Brickset, the instructions come in 2 regional versions too, Worldwide and North America.

It's not that simple to just make all sets/boxes in any factory and ship them worldwide.

Back in 2020, when the Mexico Factory was closed and there were big shortages, LEGO actually did ship boxes to US with piece count stickers on them, but I think that was only done as an emergency measure and not a standard.

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

You all are lucky! 

"lucky" is relative, I usually wait a while for sets to become more widely available or go on discount after a while.

In recent times multiple City/3-in-1 sets remain LEGO exclusive as well, which usually means it's better to wait for a Gift-with-purchase.

For example, my favorite set of 2021 by far is the Creator Castle but I haven't bought it yet, for now it seems to remain a LEGO exclusive.

There aren't many physical LEGO retailers here , and especially no mega store chains like Targets and Walmarts.

US have their own advantages, like Target is selling LEGOLAND sets now.

Edited by TeriXeri

Anyway, back to the subject of City 2022.

I wonder how the Park set will be structured, as an add-on set like Road Plates, or more like the Skate Park set with minifigs.

I don't have a Police Station yet, so I hope the 2022 version is a bit more like the 2008 version with a driveway.

Xtra 40311: Traffic Lights retired, so I wonder if 2022 will have a new version, maybe a Traffic Signs instead of lights.

Xtra 40312: Streetlamps also retired, so I hope for a new version with glow in the dark street lamps.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't have a Police Station yet, so I hope the 2022 version is a bit more like the 2008 version with a driveway.

My hope is a cross between the 2008 and 2014. Though I doubt that'll come with an easy price tag. 

6 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

My hope is a cross between the 2008 and 2014. Though I doubt that'll come with an easy price tag. 

I hope it's similar to 60047

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I hope it's similar to 60047

That one was my favorite. I had that one, but I stripped it for parts once I got the 2020. I regret it now. LOL

Edited by Poodabricks

7 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

That one was my favorite. I had that one, but I stripped it for parts once I got the 2020. I regret it now. LOL

I loved that set, wait what police stations do you have? 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

23 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I loved that set, wait what police stations do you have? 

I had the 2011, 2014, 2017 and 2020. I wanted the 2005 and 2008, but I was late. :laugh:

@TeriXeri, @Stuartn, @Anonkee Muss,  ok thanks for your time to explain why there was no worldwide release. It could totally make sense. 

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Anyway, back to the subject of City 2022.

I wonder how the Park set will be structured, as an add-on set like Road Plates, or more like the Skate Park set with minifigs.

Yeah I have been wondering about that “Park” set too. I sure hope it would not be similar to Skate Park. I mean, I think it may be just a park where peole can enjoy walking or having a picnic. Or at least “national park”. But I think it would be a recreational park like a recess jungle for kids to play. 

Definitely not amusement park. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

"lucky" is relative, I usually wait a while for sets to become more widely available or go on discount after a while.

Here in Australia we were very lucky, all of these sets released on sale at one retailer!

20 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

US/Canada has different rules with Box and Instructions, like Warnings and Piece Count, if you look at Brickset, the instructions come in 2 regional versions too, Worldwide and North America.

It's not that simple to just make all sets/boxes in any factory and ship them worldwide.

Back in 2020, when the Mexico Factory was closed and there were big shortages, LEGO actually did ship boxes to US with piece count stickers on them, but I think that was only done as an emergency measure and not a standard.

The real reason there is a 2 month gap every year is for marketing reasons, marketing in the US/Canada works differently (primarily for Christmas). That’s why everywhere else gets them in June.

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I do hope for a grocery store set. 

Oooo thanks for giving me an idea… how about a farmer market set! :)