Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They cost around 2$ each from Lego (sold out at the moment) and some more on BL, so depends on if 4$ is cheap shipping where you live or not:def_shrug:

2$ each from Lego? Did you mean Lego's official site? Do they sell parts? Can I have direct links for reference? I didn't know they would sell only the pig.......In that case I don't need to buy the whole set of the barn & farm........

7 hours ago, ks6349 said:

2$ each from Lego? Did you mean Lego's official site? Do they sell parts? Can I have direct links for reference? I didn't know they would sell only the pig.......In that case I don't need to buy the whole set of the barn & farm........

They sell parts to a lot of countries however I do not think Arctic is one of them :tongue: The cow is so expensive loose so if you get the set 60346 for a good price and have use for the rest of the parts it could be better to just buy the set :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/27/2022 at 11:06 PM, ks6349 said:

Go to your local Lego site. Go into Shop > Pick and Build > Pick a Brick.

Hm8GH5o.png

In this section you can filter types of part (e.g. animals), or you can search using the part number, or search for pieces found in a certain set.

So for example, here is the pig (though note I am on the Irish version of the site - that "en-ie" needs to be changed to your local version):

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.designNumber&filters.i0.values.i0=68887

There is also Bricklink (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page) where you *may* find sellers local to you selling genuine Lego at even cheaper prices than the official Lego site.

Edited by Yoggington

10 hours ago, Yoggington said:

Go to your local Lego site. Go into Shop > Pick and Build > Pick a Brick.

Hm8GH5o.png

In this section you can filter types of part (e.g. animals), or you can search using the part number, or search for pieces found in a certain set.

So for example, here is the pig (though note I am on the Irish version of the site - that "en-ie" needs to be changed to your local version):

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.designNumber&filters.i0.values.i0=68887

There is also Bricklink (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page) where you *may* find sellers local to you selling genuine Lego at even cheaper prices than the official Lego site.

Thanks this is the great information. When I search "pig" there is only this one, is the smaller pink pig not sold separately?

by the way, when I searched for "cow" on the Lego official site, I was able to find out the cow that appears in the new city barn & farm, when I searched for the item number shown on bricklink, no result returned. 

Do TLG normally not sell city animal parts?

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

They do, but they are super popular so they sell out within a few hours or even shorter at least the first months they show up.

4 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Thanks this is the great information. When I search "pig" there is only this one, is the smaller pink pig not sold separately?

by the way, when I searched for "cow" on the Lego official site, I was able to find out the cow that appears in the new city barn & farm, when I searched for the item number shown on bricklink, no result returned. 

As Roebuck said, the animals tend to sell out quickly. You should also be aware of some other limitations - if it's a brand new piece, you won't see it on PAB for at least four months. If it's a licensed piece, it won't ever appear on PAB.

That said, the piglet is certainly there! Just that it's currently sold out.

Try run a search for the farm set. i.e. search for pieces from set '60346', and make sure the 'Show out of stock items' is toggled ON.

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&perPage=200&sort.key=NAME&sort.direction=ASC&includeOutOfStock=true&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="60346%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="60346%3A9999"&sku=60346

Another way would be to just browse the animals sub-category, if that's specifically what you are interested in.

50 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

As Roebuck said, the animals tend to sell out quickly. You should also be aware of some other limitations - if it's a brand new piece, you won't see it on PAB for at least four months. If it's a licensed piece, it won't ever appear on PAB.

That said, the piglet is certainly there! Just that it's currently sold out.

Try run a search for the farm set. i.e. search for pieces from set '60346', and make sure the 'Show out of stock items' is toggled ON.

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&perPage=200&sort.key=NAME&sort.direction=ASC&includeOutOfStock=true&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="60346%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="60346%3A9999"&sku=60346

Another way would be to just browse the animals sub-category, if that's specifically what you are interested in.

By your experience, will they be back in stock again? Are they active in bringing popular but sold-out items in stock? or once it's sold out it is usually gone forever? I have no experience with PAB.

Edited by ks6349

1 minute ago, ks6349 said:

By your experience, will they be back in stock again? or once it's sold out it is usually gone forever? I have no experience with PAB.

I tend to use the Bricklink website more for exactly this reason. Pretty popular piece and pretty new. It'll come back in at some point for sure. But when it does, it will sell out pretty quickly again. And there's no real way to know in advance when that will be. You could try follow this thread and someone will  probably announce it when it happens:

Meanwhile over on Bricklink there are sellers right now with 100s of piglets for about 25% more cost. These sellers are likely the same reason they sell out from the official site so quickly, but if you need ten piglets for a MOC right now, hey it's not bad.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=1410pb01&name=Piglet with Black Eyes and White Pupils Pattern&category=[Animal, Land]#T=S&C=104&O={"color":104,"iconly":0}

In fact we have derailed this thread far too much already. Shoot me a PM if you have more questions.

Is it better to open the city sets and sell only the sealed bags separately or sell the full unopened sets? I have got a few Lego city sets that are retired but i regret getting them. I have been putting them on local sites for the price I bought and the price is very reasonable but no one even asks, so I am thinking if it's better or even more risky to unbox them and sell the number bags separately. Any experienced seller?

Edited by ks6349

9 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Is it better to open the city sets and sell only the sealed bags separately or sell the full unopened sets? I have got a few Lego city sets that are retired but i regret getting them. I have been putting them on local sites for the price I bought and the price is very reasonable but no one even asks, so I am thinking if it's better or even more risky to unbox them and sell the number bags separately. Any experienced seller?

This is very much off topic... However, Bricklink or Brickowl are best for selling Lego. Ebay / Craigslist / FB marketplace / local sites aren't even in the same league as those two LEGO-only sites.

Can anyone comment if you like the older passenger train i.e. 60197 or the newer passenger train more e.g. 60337? 

8 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Can anyone comment if you like the older passenger train i.e. 60197 or the newer passenger train more e.g. 60337? 

I like the older one more because of the way it looks. I mean, I get people don't like the older one and prefer the newer one because of the fronts. The front of the new one is actually what turned me off about it with the big nose being there and all. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I like the older one more because of the way it looks. I mean, I get people don't like the older one and prefer the newer one because of the fronts. The front of the new one is actually what turned me off about it with the big nose being there and all. 

Yes, the front of the new one turned me off too, but is the details of the later part of the new one better than that of the old one? The station of the newer one is undoubtedly better and they have 2 more mini figures.

Edited by ks6349

The newer one is uglier to me, but the new train does have doors which is nice for playing.

35 minutes ago, Maple said:

The newer one is uglier to me, but the new train does have doors which is nice for playing.

Ok dude! I think those new doors are my favorite new piece for 2022. 

Lord why is the new Grocery Store already retiring? I feel struggling to catch up with all the retiring sets this year and feel its a bit ridiculous that one is already on its way out. Feels like we just got it. Not to mention the new grocery cart, prosthetic leg, and corn mould all included. Do we reckon its poor sales or is it normal for some sets to last less than a year? I feel like I remember it being a summer release so if I’m correct thats just 6 months on the market. What with all the unique moulds and the great concept I’m honestly shocked its set to retire so soon.

11 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Ok dude! I think those new doors are my favorite new piece for 2022. 

I agree. I do miss the train doors, but so glad LEGO used an existing window piece and made it into a double door. Love the piece. And next year we get it in a clear trans, which is perfect.

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

Lord why is the new Grocery Store already retiring? I feel struggling to catch up with all the retiring sets this year and feel its a bit ridiculous that one is already on its way out. Feels like we just got it. Not to mention the new grocery cart, prosthetic leg, and corn mould all included. Do we reckon its poor sales or is it normal for some sets to last less than a year? I feel like I remember it being a summer release so if I’m correct thats just 6 months on the market. What with all the unique moulds and the great concept I’m honestly shocked its set to retire so soon.

I think LEGO only made the school and grocery store to go 'We made them, now shut up so we can continue to make police and fire buildings!' :laugh: Thankfully I bought it last week from Kohl's, it was $48 and you got $15 Kohl's Cash to spend on a future purchase.

Target.com has the Farmer and Scarecrow polybag for shipping. Don't know if it was hard to find or if people were looking to get it easily. There is a limit of 3 (per order)

Edited by Maple

10 hours ago, Maple said:

I agree. I do miss the train doors, but so glad LEGO used an existing window piece and made it into a double door. Love the piece. And next year we get it in a clear trans, which is perfect.

I'm going to be using those doors for building MOCs. 

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

I wonder why these city sets are already ending!

Have to make room for more police and fire sets.

In the USA LEGO set up the grocery store and farm sets to fail, they are pretty much double the prices they are in Europe.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Have to make room for more police and fire sets.

In the USA LEGO set up the grocery store and farm sets to fail, they are pretty much double the prices they are in Europe.

Exactly and it's unfair! Police and fire sets would leave the shelves even if there was no promotion. Let's give the grocery store some time to shine. 

Can anyone comment on how much does a City mini-figure worth usually, on average?

On 11/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, TeriXeri said:

Promobricks updated their end of life list and indeed some of the 2022 summer sets are retiring, like the farm Van, chicken coop and supermarket , double confirmed by LEGO.com adding it to Retiring Soon.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-eol-liste-2022/137026/#LEGO_City

Is it reliable?

Some Lego City sets released in summer last year or even summer 2020 haven't yet retired, e.g. City airport and areoplane, wildlife rescue etc. At least they are still widely available and prices aren't raised.

8 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Can anyone comment on how much does a City mini-figure worth usually, on average?

That's hard to say. I think cops are useless, but prefer the citizens. Depends on how often the pieces are in sets. Cops are in a lot of sets while the school and grocery store right now have a bunch of exclusive torso pieces.

The retiring list hasn't been fully reliable since the beginning of covid. However Promobricks is as reliable as it gets and those sets were rumored to be retiring by 2023 even before they were released.