Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Even though City theme is always my favorite, I don't really have every city set, but for the city set I really like, I will get a lot of them, for example, I now have seven sets of Lego 60312 and about ten sets of Lego 60239, and three sets of the new city mobile crane. I have about twenty sets of Lego 60300 for the monkeys and trees.

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Even though City theme is always my favorite, I don't really have every city set, but for the city set I really like, I will get a lot of them, for example, I now have seven sets of Lego 60312 and about ten sets of Lego 60239, and three sets of the new city mobile crane. I have about twenty sets of Lego 60300 for the monkeys and trees.

Love me some City sets. I hope the police academy and prison break sets are an extension to 60316. That way, I can make it into the ultimate police headquarters. 

Just now, Poodabricks said:

Love me some City sets. I hope the police academy and prison break sets are an extension to 60316. That way, I can make it into the ultimate police headquarters. 

I'm disappointed with almost every City buildings released in recent years.

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I'm disappointed with almost every City buildings released in recent years.

I can't argue! Vehicles too! Was I the only one who was hoping that the motorcycle from the fire brigade set would be motorized?

Edited by Poodabricks

3 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I can't argue! Vehicles too! Was I the only one who was hopingnthat the motorcycle from the fire bridlgade set would be motorized?

Well. But I am happy with the new City passenger train and the freight train, and also the train station. Especially the new freight train (i.e. 60336), it's really nicer and more beautiful than the older version (released in 2018?).

Edited by ks6349

On 9/27/2022 at 8:53 AM, Poodabricks said:

Worth it most definitely! That's a way better price than $70 USD. That's the price it should've been imo. But of course Brick tax has gone up tremendously since 2005 when the first Lego City police headquarters came out. 

I got the set off eBay for $35. It was been on sale at Walmart.com for $56 with a $10 coupon. I just realized I never even built it.

21 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Police sets are so common on the City theme that you can literally find them for cheap on the internet. You'll get way better deals online than at the store. I think that's why they're most ignored. Because......they're just that common. 

This is so true. There are so many of them they are always on sale for at least 20% off. Grocery Store on sale? Nope. Police Station? Sure thing! 

Edited by Maple

7 hours ago, Maple said:

This is so true. There are so many of them they are always on sale for at least 20% off. Grocery Store on sale? Nope. Police Station? Sure thing! 

IKR! In fact, I had to pay a marked up price for the grocery store. That's sad. We'll, thankfully the train station and city bus was free as I had a voucher saved up from the long period where Lego had that weird system in place for redeeming your VIP points. Thank God they went back to the old system. 

Edited by Poodabricks

How much did you guy get the new freight train for? I got it for approx. USD$130, good deal or not?

Edited by ks6349

On 9/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, ks6349 said:

How much did you guy get the new freight train for? I got it for approx. USD$130, good deal or not?

I don't have that one and I won't be buying. No room for trains in my town. Soory I couldn't be of any help there! :sad: I only brought the train station because I needed the bus. I took the pieces from the train station building and converted it into a bus terminal. It actually worked. 

Edited by Poodabricks

7 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

IKR! In fact, I had to pay a marked up price for the grocery store. 

Well in the USA the outrageous $70 price tag is already a mark up. If you take the 50 Euro price and remove the VAT it should be $40USD.

LEGO doesn't want my money that's fine.

22 minutes ago, Maple said:

Well in the USA the outrageous $70 price tag is already a mark up. If you take the 50 Euro price and remove the VAT it should be $40USD.

LEGO doesn't want my money that's fine.

I payed almost $80 USD for mine. They could've at least given me a roof for what I paid. But it was worth it given that it fits into my town perfectly. 

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

But it was worth it given that it fits into my town perfectly. 

Which is why LEGO set the price at $70, they know people will buy it. I refuse.

46 minutes ago, Maple said:

Which is why LEGO set the price at $70, they know people will buy it. I refuse.

So then hold up.....if they mark up because they know people will buy...... How come they don't do that with police or fire sets? I guess they don't sell like they did back in the late 2010s anymore. I guess complete and udder failure of Sky Police cause Lego to back track on their City sets. Then there was the second round of the Feds/Elite Police subtheme in late 2020. 

58 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

So then hold up.....if they mark up because they know people will buy...... How come they don't do that with police or fire sets? I guess they don't sell like they did back in the late 2010s anymore. I guess complete and udder failure of Sky Police cause Lego to back track on their City sets. Then there was the second round of the Feds/Elite Police subtheme in late 2020. 

You want to go down the rabbit hole? :pir-huzzah1:
As one of these...

1. LEGO knows how much Americans wanted a City school or grocery store so they charge an insane amount because they know Americans want them and will pay whatever.
2. LEGO rather stick to the lazy police and fire themes as they are easy to design, saves money. So LEGO makes the school, farm, space, and grocery store so much more expensive so when they don't sell as well as fire and police LEGO will use that as an excuse to not make them in the future.

Edited by Maple

1 minute ago, Maple said:

You want to go down the rabbit hole? :pir-huzzah1:
As one of these...

LEGO knows how much Americans wanted a City school or grocery store so they charge an insane amount because they know Americans want them.
LEGO rather stick to the lazy police and fire themes as they are easy to design, saves money. So LEGO makes the school, farm, space, and grocery store so much more expensive so when they don't sell as well as fire and police LEGO will use that as an excuse to not make them in the future.

Wowzers

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

I warned you. :laugh:

Yeah I heard that back in the late 2010s, to question the need for City being oversaturated with police and fire sets was something you didn't do on Eurobricks. :laugh:

Now it's okay because City is different now (If not better imo) than it was back then.

Edited by Poodabricks

LEGO 60337 or LEGO 60197 if you were me? Prices are close. The newer one is only a few bucks more expensive here, which can be ignored. The thing I don't like about the newer train is the shape of the head, but the small station is improved with trees and two more minifigures which are a great added value. I will have budget next month but without doubt I will get only one and save for something otherwise. It is really meaningless to get both.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Poodabricks said:

Yeah I heard that back in the late 2010s, to question the need for City being oversaturated with police and fire sets was something you didn't do on Eurobricks. :laugh:

Now it's okay because City is different now (If not better imo) than it was back then.

Everything LEGO does is awesome. To have any differing views is not the Eurobricks way. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

Everything LEGO does is awesome. To have any differing views is not the Eurobricks way. :laugh:

Yeah! Lego is perfect. :laugh:

Would anyone explain to me what the price for Lego 60347 City Grocery Store is priced so high and there isn't any real drop in price in other sources e.g. ebay, individuals, where they will usually offer a real deal. The lowest price I can find for it is not lower than USD$50 for 404 pieces (i.e. price per piece=$0.125) but I could get the train station for $65 for about 900 pieces (i.e. price per piece=$0.07) and I can even get the freight train for $135 for about 1150 (i.e. $0.12) pieces but it includes a remote. Is there any very special or exclusive parts for 60347 which makes it this costly?

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Would anyone explain to me what the price for Lego 60347 City Grocery Store is priced so high and there isn't any real drop in price in other sources e.g. ebay, individuals, where they will usually offer a real deal. The lowest price I can find for it is not lower than USD$50 for 404 pieces (i.e. price per piece=$0.125) but I could get the train station for $65 for about 900 pieces (i.e. price per piece=$0.07) and I can even get the freight train for $135 for about 1150 (i.e. $0.12) pieces but it includes a remote. Is there any very special or exclusive parts for 60347 which makes it this costly?

It's often sought after and its rare. That's why it's priced so high. Its one of the special sets. If Lego knows that people are going to want it, they price it at a certain point. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

It's often sought after and its rare. That's why it's priced so high. Its one of the special sets. If Lego knows that people are going to want it, they price it at a certain point. 

Exactly. Once again the set is only 50 Euro with taxes. It's on sale at Walmart right now and still $53 plus taxes in most places. I love the set and will not buy it until it's $45 or less. Same with the farm. Don't give evil greedy LEGO your money for nothing. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Maple

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I will wait until it drops to $30. It's not impossible. I thought Lego 60302 had reached its lowest price and got it for $65 a few months ago. Did you know, here they are selling it now for $50 only! Crazy!

43 minutes ago, Maple said:

Exactly. Once again the set is only 50 Euro with taxes. It's on sale at Walmart right now and still $53 plus taxes in most places. I love the set and will not buy it until it's $45 or less. Same with the farm. Don't give evil greedy LEGO your money for nothing. :pir_laugh2:

I'm confident that the city grocery store will drop below $40USD, but you have to wait and keep an eye on it.

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, Maple said:

$53 ain't bad for what you get, in my opinion. Not for a set like that. I got mine from the Lego store (What a dumb move that was) and paid almost $80.

54 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

I'm confident that the city grocery store will drop below $40USD, but you have to wait and keep an eye on it.

If it does, I will be super upset at myself. I guess I panicked because they were saying that it was going to be a 2022 exclusive, meaning that it was also going to be taken off the shelves in 2022. I guess it's just a rumor though. 

Edited by Poodabricks