Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

I prefer to hear about winter 2023 wave than a “suprise” set like Main Street.

of course, we knew about the winter 2022 wave around July 4th last year, I don’t expect to hear about leaks until after September. 

While the 2020 Police Station and 2021 Shopping Street were on 2021 End of Life lists, they are still sold on LEGO.com , in Europe at least

Could be remaining stock that's not sold as the police station wasn't very interesting compared to the 2017 option that remained sold for a long time and shopping street is a fairly expensive exclusive.

Both are marked as retiring soon officially however, others are not yet.

However, I still would not wait too long if a set appeared on such lists.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

The road plates increased the prices for the sets (sometimes unnecessary), and left the buildings quite simple to put it mildly.

No they haven't. This is a myth LEGO would like you to believe. The prices are high because LEGO realized they can. That's it. That's why there are 20 Euro sets that are $40USD and 50 Euro sets that are $80USD. The roadplates are only $2.20 on Pick a Brick, they aren't the reason for price increases or crappy school and grocery store.

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Of course, never know what LEGO will do , especially in those times, of increasing prices, and shipment costs etc, maybe they'll cut on the total number of sets at some point.

Ikr! Being surprised is why I consider the 2020s another golden age for City. That's always been my frustration with City during the 2010s. They were just that predictable. Every year, in winter, we had a surplus of police sets and some great vehicles - most of which weren't very interesting. Then during the summer, we'd have explorers and only two town sets - the only sets I really looked forward to then. We occasionally got surprise sets. But they're were so far in between that I began to give up hope. 

But then the 2021 came along and sorta messed that hopelessness up. Given that we've never gotten an apartment building in City before. Sorry but the house looks more like that than a house. Also instead of a specialized unit of police sets, Lego decided to actually use their heads and expand the classic police sets that we got the previous year (2020) by giving us what we didn't get (i.e. a prisoner transport and a police boat). Then came 2022; a school, an early released hospital (the past 3 had a 6 year waiting period), two buses (one came with the school and another comes with the train station) and a grocery store (which I had the honor of finally picking up from the Lego store last Thursday). A SCHOOL AND A GROCERY STORE!!!!!! First time ever in City. All those goodies made me forget about the police and fire. That's another reason why 2022 was so good. All three first responders (police officers, firefighters and doctors) were represented properly. Little side, we also got a Harley (the Touring Stunt Bike), which I have to say is my favorite vehicle this year. 

Sorry for all the babbling, but this year really excited me. With that being said, I really look forward to what 2023 holds for City.

Edited by Poodabricks

I just got animals (piglet, pig, sheep with removable wool piece, cow calf, baby gator, panther cub) recently. 

They are so cute in my hand! I think the City desginers did a good job with animal molds for each subthemes (Ocean Exploration in 2020, Wildlife Rescue in 2021, and now Farm this summer)! I’m still looking for a light brown cow to pair with her calf and that brown, wing-spreading owl (from Wild AnimalRescue Mission set). I already ordered lambs and hares and they are on the way. 

I sure hope 2023 will bring us MORE new animals in 8 City, Harry Poter, Jurasic World (?) and other themes. 

Really disappointed at the cement mixer truck 60325, they are now here selling for special price, approximately $13 but I am still not interested in it, for 85 pieces it is really not an attractive price unless sold under $10 I will start to consider getting it. Wish Lego will make more details for truck like that of the few years ago. 

Does anyone know what’s happening with the latest 3 Stuntz bikes?

Haven’t seen them in any stores here in Australia, including the Lego store.

I heard a report that the new bikes will be showing up in the Australian LEGO stores around the end of August.

Hello guys, I haven't said a thing in months and finally decided to post again, I can clearly see people are already talking about 2023 and as far as I know we have 3 sets confirmed

-40582 4x4 Off-Road Ambulance-Includes 2 minifigures and a small rescue vehicle like the name suggests, expected to release in February 2023 and it might be a tease for a rescue subtheme to release in February or March(just my thoughts now) 

-60356-Tbd

-60358-Tbd

This is everything known so far, the whole list is set to be revealed by Promobricks at the start of September, so we have to wait a few weeks to know the full thing, piece counts, names, details release dates... 

In my opinion we are getting 4 police sets: 3 vehicles sets and a 100€ building; 4 fire vehicles or something even better;great vehicles with at least a farm related machine;and some road plate-based buildings with lots of exclusive minifigures from the nickelodeon show. 

Any thoughts? 

15 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Hello guys, I haven't said a thing in months and finally decided to post again, I can clearly see people are already talking about 2023 and as far as I know we have 3 sets confirmed

-40582 4x4 Off-Road Ambulance-Includes 2 minifigures and a small rescue vehicle like the name suggests, expected to release in February 2023 and it might be a tease for a rescue subtheme to release in February or March(just my thoughts now) 

-60356-Tbd

-60358-Tbd

This is everything known so far, the whole list is set to be revealed by Promobricks at the start of September, so we have to wait a few weeks to know the full thing, piece counts, names, details release dates... 

In my opinion we are getting 4 police sets: 3 vehicles sets and a 100€ building; 4 fire vehicles or something even better;great vehicles with at least a farm related machine;and some road plate-based buildings with lots of exclusive minifigures from the nickelodeon show. 

Any thoughts? 

Well, it's hard to say it's confirmed yet, but someone gave me the name of the product and the number of pieces.

First of all, the 40582 set was 162 pieces, and it includes two to three minifigures.
And the information of the rest of the products is as follows.

60356-Police Jet Patrol Plane 98 pieces

60357-Money Transporter Chase 104 pieces(4+)

60358-Police Pontoon Helicopter Transporter 349 pieces

60359-Museum Robbery and Police Chase 760 pieces

60360-Fire Ladder Truck 188 pieces

60361-Fire Bulldozer 357 pieces

60362-Fire Brigade at the Marina 865 pieces

60363-Space Shuttle 42 pieces(4+)

60364-Rocket Transporter Truck 711 pieces

60365-Holmes Tow Truck 178 pieces

60366-Cargo Supply Ship 136 pieces

60379-K9 Shell Camper with Pick Up Truck 95 pieces

60380-Car with a Caravan 128 pieces(4+)

60381-Tractor with a Trailer 184 pieces

60382-Horse Van 162 pieces

60383-Dog Park 154 pieces

And March 1st 2023 wave will be Stunz Theme 60367-60371, 60384-60386.

To check whether this is accurate information or not, I asked the first person who gave me the information where it came from and I'm waiting.

10 minutes ago, LCP said:

Well, it's hard to say it's confirmed yet, but someone gave me the name of the product and the number of pieces.

First of all, the 40582 set was 162 pieces, and it includes two to three minifigures.
And the information of the rest of the products is as follows.

60356-Police Jet Patrol Plane 98 pieces

60357-Money Transporter Chase 104 pieces(4+)

60358-Police Pontoon Helicopter Transporter 349 pieces

60359-Museum Robbery and Police Chase 760 pieces

60360-Fire Ladder Truck 188 pieces

60361-Fire Bulldozer 357 pieces

60362-Fire Brigade at the Marina 865 pieces

60363-Space Shuttle 42 pieces(4+)

60364-Rocket Transporter Truck 711 pieces

60365-Holmes Tow Truck 178 pieces

60366-Cargo Supply Ship 136 pieces

60379-K9 Shell Camper with Pick Up Truck 95 pieces

60380-Car with a Caravan 128 pieces(4+)

60381-Tractor with a Trailer 184 pieces

60382-Horse Van 162 pieces

60383-Dog Park 154 pieces

And March 1st 2023 wave will be Stunz Theme 60367-60371, 60384-60386.

To check whether this is accurate information or not, I asked the first person who gave me the information where it came from and I'm waiting.

I'm not gonna lie but I was actually thinking about some of those sets like, the Marina Brigade, and museum heist, as there wasn't a single museum release since 2013 (60200 wasn't related to police) and I was thinking about a harbor fire scenery with a big fire boat and crew and a decent sized building in flames 

Looking at this list I think it's actually pretty close to be true

Edit:more space sets in January?  Interesting... 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

7 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

So with this being said, I guess its time for the Lego City 2023 page to be put up. 

Looking at the 2023 debate, it seems that the comment cannot be written, but it would be better to set it up so that it can be written.

8 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

So with this being said, I guess its time for the Lego City 2023 page to be put up. 

Hadn't they done it? 

1 minute ago, LCP said:

Looking at the 2023 debate, it seems that the comment cannot be written, but it would be better to set it up so that it can be written.

Also I think there is 0% chance of having a D2C with similar looks to town squares being released this year, there's that gwp that haven't been revealed yet, but nothing else

11 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I'm not gonna lie but I was actually thinking about some of those sets like, the Marina Brigade, and museum heist, as there wasn't a single museum release since 2013 (60200 wasn't related to police) and I was thinking about a harbor fire scenery with a big fire boat and crew and a decent sized building in flames 

Looking at this list I think it's actually pretty close to be true

Edit:more space sets in January?  Interesting... 

In 2022, there were four space theme sets and one foil pack, but I think it felt insufficient. Or maybe it's vehicle set.

Edited by LCP

3 minutes ago, LCP said:

In 2022, there were four space theme sets and one foil pack, but I think it felt insufficient. Or maybe it's vehicle set.

Looking at the piece count of 711 pieces, I don't it's a great vehicle set, but that's fine In my opinion I have to admit lego did a good job with these moon research sets, something more fresh. 

So... Had anyone started a new topic for 2023, I now know the one I was talking about is no longer open to write replies 

14 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Maybe in summer, if stuntz is "set to release in March" there's a possibility of having coast guard again, they surprised us with the farming revival after 13 years of long wait, I really want this next summer wave to include more farm sets and coast guard because I really REALLY want a new ship. 

10 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Hadn't they done it?

I think it was removed. I tried finding it but it wasn't there. 

EDIT: I found it. But the thread was closed. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

So let's start a new topic? 

Yeah, I think we should start a new topic.

14 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Oh! So no coast guard revival? Ouch! 

If we get Coast Guard it would be second-half-year anyway and we wouldn't be hearing about it yet.

Okay. TWO 2023 threads are ow locked. I wonder if one thread will be unlocked again if we get a proper / real info?