Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

On 6/13/2022 at 8:10 PM, TeriXeri said:

The farm sets themselves are all 4 already limited to LEGO.com in my country right now.

Today is the 1st, and at least 2 more retailers have the new farm sets besides Lego. The great farm polybag however I couldn't find anywhere.

BTW some City sets were already at my local Lego store on sale: 60197 passenger train, 60292 town center, 60302 wildlife rescue, 60301 4+ wildlife rescue, and some stunts sets among them (can't remember which). So they're probably ending production.

9 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Today is the 1st, and at least 2 more retailers have the new farm sets besides Lego. The great farm polybag however I couldn't find anywhere.

Yeah  seems there was some limited exclusivity, sets appeared on a lot more online retailers now.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah  seems there was some limited exclusivity, sets appeared on a lot more online retailers now.

In Norway they are exclusive for 2 months, but could be for 1 in other countries, anyway really happy it is only a limited period because I want as much competition as possible on those sets to lower the price :grin:

Edit. Looks like they are showing more places here as well now, maybe webshops with the warehouse abroad? *huh*

4 hours ago, brimbolet said:

BTW some City sets were already at my local Lego store on sale: 60197 passenger train, 60292 town center, 60302 wildlife rescue, 60301 4+ wildlife rescue, and some stunts sets among them (can't remember which). So they're probably ending production.

The wildlife sets are on sale is several shops here as well, so might be a good time to get them before they are gone, could be 20 years until the elephants show up again after all*huh*

Edited by Roebuck

I came across this rather fitting and honest sale stand in the toy shop that has them in Norway exclusive for 2 months:

"Vær først" means "be first"

Be first (over the finish line) or wait and save some money :tongue:

IMG-farm.jpg

On 7/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, Roebuck said:

The wildlife sets are on sale is several shops here as well, so might be a good time to get them before they are gone, could be 20 years until the elephants show up again after all*huh*

Cynic 

6 hours ago, williejm said:

Cynic 

:tongue:
If they keep up the number of animals from the last 2 years, we will probably see them again within 5 years:grin:

Edited by Roebuck

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

:tongue:
If they keep up the number of animals from the last 2 years, we will probably see them again within 5 years:grin:

No, the dark ages have begun. Zero animals in CMF23 …

24 minutes ago, williejm said:

No, the dark ages have begun. Zero animals in CMF23 …

:laugh: Compared to all the other animals we have gotten the last 2 years in City that is only a minor set back :tongue: It was not so long a go a CMF series with no animals would have been a much bigger disaster since one of your best chances for new animals that year was gone*huh*

On 7/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, Roebuck said:

I came across this rather fitting and honest sale stand in the toy shop that has them in Norway exclusive for 2 months:

"Vær først" means "be first"

Be first (over the finish line) or wait and save some money :tongue:

IMG-farm.jpg

Riding in the front of the loader with a pig, while holding scissors.. 

Someone's going to need the Lego hospital soon

Just built 60353: Wild Animal Rescue Mission 

While the lack of instruction for the base car build is a bit meh, the app (part of the LEGO instruction app so no seperate download needed) was pretty good and a lot of fun.

While there are still instructions via the app, the missions themselves do a couple suggestions but they are very clever with the parts included.

Parts selection is good , not just animals but clips, hinges, jumpers etc will help with kids imagination.

The crane parts are very versatile, to make a digger, or cherry picker truck, and there's a tiny construction site inspired build as well.

Chains and flex tube parts add more fun to lure/drag objects and animals.

Helicopter rotor is a bit over-the-top but very fun when it comes to the LEGO "rebuild the world" concept, comic value over realism.

Tree suit and minifig accesoires are nice to get as well.

The base truck is basic, but the 7x6 (8x4 in center) flatbed on the back offers enough space for the customization/freebuild experiences.

Have not used the other 2 sets yet , but for the other 2 mission sets I think the base vehicle matters a bit less without instructions, but this wildlife version, everyhing is basicly centered around a basic pickup truck form and then pieces on and off.

Despite the builds being fairly simple, I'd like to see online digital PDF instruction versions come out for the base vehicles as the app was kind of slow at times.

Edited by TeriXeri

Built the Police Boat mission set, with the app to check it out.

I think this "story" is even better then the wildlife set, and the parts allow more building (understandable that animals take a part of the parts/budget of course).

I like the dark orange dog/husky variant appearing in this smaller set as well, and 4 figures and some very nice prints like a map and a 5-sided tile, 1x1 lock tile, and a radar slope is genericly useful.

The suggestions of the mission builds are cool as well, sonar scanners, water guns, electro rifle to stop the criminal diver, jet engines/flames to make the boat faster, wheels for some fun, and fully equipped figures with hair, hat, helmet or dive gear (red airtank had not been made for 10+ years, and even 30+ years if counting regular boxed sets)

I'm also a fan of the neon yellow color, and there are some cool parts in that color like tails, jet engine, a backpack with 4 studs, and some plates.

The rest of the parts are varied and useful, lighning bolts, water flames, water shooters, chains, anchor, hook, genie lamp, and large rounded canopy used for "submarine" version of the boat.

Overall , those Missions sets are my favorite City sets in a long time and I hope there will be many more.

I do think the value on those sets is good, at least when this can be found under €25, maybe not so much at $40. 

Edited by TeriXeri

I hope there will be another animal-centered subtheme next summer, just like Ocean, Wildlife Rescue and Farm subthemes.

I’m fine with American desert, South American jungle, borealis forest / tundra, African jungle, Australian outback. 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I hope there will be another animal-centered subtheme next summer, just like Ocean, Wildlife Rescue and Farm subthemes.

I’m fine with American desert, South American jungle, borealis forest / tundra, African jungle, Australian outback. 

Of the ones you mention I'd be most excited for Australian outback. Lego did a small outback theme many years back but it was sorely lacking in wildlife. And to this day, Australian species are some of the least represented in Lego form. An outback exploration subtheme could give us all sorts of distinctly Australian creatures like kangaroos, emus, and koalas, and could pad things out with new colors or prints for other existing critters like spiders, crocodiles and snakes.

Australian Outback would be awesome, the only Australian animal we have gotten to date is one Duplo Koala (only in a really big expensive set at that)

36 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Australian Outback would be awesome, the only Australian animal we have gotten to date is one Duplo Koala (only in a really big expensive set at that)

I recommended an Outback Explorers subtheme back in the late 2010s when action outside of the city was the most popular. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be as popular now as they were back then - thus the fact that they're so few here and in between. I guess every era of Lego City had a different generation who loved certain things. In the mid to late 2000s, it was basically city action that you could walk out of your door and see. In the 2010s, it was primarily police chases and action outside of the city. Nowadays, it's mostly civilian based sets. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Walmart.com in the USA has some City sets on sale for 20% off, including fire and police station and the school for like 18% off. However if you use codes 'paypal10' or 'wowfresh' on orders over $50 you save another $10. So that brings the fire and police stations down to $46. Also can be used on other sets (sometimes the code doesn't work on a set.) but the City ones are the ones that are already on sale.

And no the bank is not on sale.

Edited by Maple

Last year's Wildlife sets were great, there is no reason something along those lines but Australian wouldn't sell just as well.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Last year's Wildlife sets were great, there is no reason something along those lines but Australian wouldn't sell just as well.

To be honest I think that depends on the quality of the sets. They don’t need to go overboard with new animals, as they can use existing 🐍🐊🦜, so just need to add a kangaroo and koala maybe. They also could do coast or sea-based sets with sharks and turtles.

There's not much time left if LEGO wanted to make an African Penguin, that species of about to go extinct and many people don't even know Africa has penguins, would also be an opportunity to make a Fur Seal / Sea Lion, and re-issue the white shark or a tiger shark.

Edited by TeriXeri

20 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

There's not much time left if LEGO wanted to make an African Penguin, that species of about to go extinct and many people don't even know Africa has penguins, would also be an opportunity to make a Fur Seal / Sea Lion, and re-issue the white shark or a tiger shark.

Tbh I can’t see them changing the standard penguin unless they are trying to do a rockhopper with the yellow crest. Think the general public couldn’t tell the difference mostly!

LEGO added a page with alternate building instructions for some sets for the 90th Anniversary, there are 2 PDF instructions for a Rocket or a Fish Tank from the 60320 Fire Station

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt5ea596207d8cd247/Rocket-Building-Instructions.pdf

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blte53bc89cd938e243/FishTank-Building-Instructions.pdf

Edited by TeriXeri

22 hours ago, williejm said:

To be honest I think that depends on the quality of the sets. They don’t need to go overboard with new animals, as they can use existing 🐍🐊🦜, so just need to add a kangaroo and koala maybe. They also could do coast or sea-based sets with sharks and turtles.

“They don’t need to go overboard with animals” - Who is this impostor and what have they done with the real @williejm?! 😂

I’d agree though, koala and kangaroo are the most obvious missing animals, but who knows how long we’d have to wait before Lego ‘City’ would revisit Australia again - another 20+ years I’d assume?! In that case I demand every marsupial and indigenous species that can physically fit in a box, most of all wombats!

That is what bothered me about last year’s African Wildlife sets - there were a lot of basics still missing, with presumably little probability of a swift return to the theme. No giraffe, zebra, rhino, hippo… and to a lesser degree with the Farm sets - still no goat return, a rooster…

For me to buy any set there needs to be sufficient reason to pay the asking price and this will only be the case if there are enough parts or pieces I don’t already have. Filling a set with merely a high volume of bricks just isn’t sufficient if there aren’t enough new parts/moulds/re-colours. That doesn’t just relate to animals - for example, the supermarket sets this year were so much more appealing (particular given the high cost) due to the trolley piece and food parts. Any set with more variety of trees and flora too are always welcome (more availability of tree leaf parts in autumnal colours, dark and pale green, please Lego).

I’d agree on the penguin front though, there are plenty of more essential gaps to be filled before we need a wider variety of penguin species! I would like to see an alternative seagull though - they tend to ‘hunt’ in packs here in the UK and so I’d like a static seagull without wings outspread to allow some variety.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Lol @lifeinplastic no I agree with all of that. Since wombats do blocky cube-shaped poop they should be an ideal Lego animal inclusion 😂

I think I see the new animals, much as I want them aaaaaaaaallllllll, in terms of which ones are a) necessary to ‘sell’ or authenticate a particular theme, and b) which have usefulness elsewhere. That *seems* to be how Lego considers new parts, so it would make some sense. But clearly in some instances and for whatever reasons, they produce bespoke one-off animal moulds and confuse us all. 

If they did do some Australian animals, I'd love to see a platypus and maybe a kookaburra along with all the others mentioned above.