Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

4 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I just purchased that tool set off of Bricklink not too long ago. I love how it works for the garage in my town. 

I got it from the moon base recently. 

i just saw this, from 2015, seems like a good way to City-Fy a garage/racing/tuner mission and it has the tool cart.

41091-1.jpg?201411050841

This was a €15 set at the time for 187 parts, but let's say even with €30 mission budget, could easily be replicated and more stuff added.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I got it from the moon base recently. 

i just saw this, from 2015, seems like a good way to City-Fy a garage/racing/tuner mission and it has the tool cart.

41091-1.jpg?201411050841

Good choice! I had a habit of doing the same thing recently. 

4 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Good choice! I had a habit of doing the same thing recently. 

I worded it a bit weird, sorry, I meant, a Mission set could be based on the set, I don't own the set, but it's a good example of how a Tuner/Garage mission might look.

Speed Champions doesn't really include side builds  with tools anymore so a City garage tuner mission seems right.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

I worded it a bit weird, sorry, I meant, a Mission set could be based on the set, I don't own the set, but it's a good example of how a Tuner/Garage mission might look.

I would recommend they have a tow truck, but then they'd have to have a car to tow it with. That would be a bit much. 

16 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I would recommend they have a tow truck, but then they'd have to have a car to tow it with. That would be a bit much. 

Did you see the parts in the wildlife mission ? it has parts to tow things like a crane hook/chain, but a green towtruck with "wildlife/rescue" on it isn't really a garage theme. :thumbup:

It's easy to fix with a different car hood, but still allows scenes like this

60081: Pickup Tow Truck

60081-1.jpg?201410060829

However, I think a Tow truck is probably better off as a great vehicle. LEGO hasn't done a proper "truck" style Tow Truck  lately , like 2009 or 2014.

Edited by TeriXeri

Ok we are getting closer to July. I know the leaks happened around the 4th of July holiday (mind you, I’m in USA) about the 2022 winter wave last year. So I’m not sure when we hear about some leaks this summer. But I’m quite looking forward for 2023. I say, I want puppy mold! Giraffe! Hippo! Kangaroo! Koala! Panda! Moose! Raccoon! Flamingo (in proper color)! Goat! Llama! *take a deep breath* Ok I gonna shut up for now. :) I mean, I love collecting animals and adding them to my animal kingdom. 

I just notice there is LEGO City Survey. So i filled out and submitted. I’m hoping they could give us more animals. :) 

On 6/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I just notice there is LEGO City Survey. So i filled out and submitted. I’m hoping they could give us more animals. :) 

Oooooh! Link pls. 

finally got 60302 today after one year for $65, it's possibly the lowest price it can reach.

Edited by ks6349

Just got all 3 new stunt bikes!  The minifigures are so good, the new face from the touring one reminds me the look of Leon: The Professional!

I wonder if we going to get more of these next year.

4 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

This list of retiring sets at the end of 2022 already has a lot of sets released only this year (some only this month). That cant be right...

Some of the sets listed as retiring:

60326 Picnic in the Park
60328 Beach Lifeguard Station
60329 School Day
60344 Chicken Henhouse
60345 Farmers Market Van
60347 Grocery Store

Ok! For those last three sets, I'll need confirmation from TLG to believe anything about retirement. Though I will admit that the school day set may not have sold very well. That's probably why that one is going to an early grave. 

Edited by Poodabricks

11 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Though I will admit that the school day set may not have sold very well. That's probably why that one is going to an early grave.

Yeah I would assume so. Which is sad, it was nice to get something else than the standard police- and fire stations. The set was underwhelming though, maybe kids thought so too.

Initially known as a City promotion product, the 40578 was identified as a sandwich shop.

42 minutes ago, LCP said:

Initially known as a City promotion product, the 40578 was identified as a sandwich shop.

Speaking of new City products, shouldn't the list for Winter 2023 sets be coming out soon? 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:38 AM, Jiesdeo said:

Yeah I would assume so. Which is sad, it was nice to get something else than the standard police- and fire stations. The set was underwhelming though, maybe kids thought so too.

Good thing I got the school set before it hit oblivion. 

18 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Where did you find that information? 

It's been a while since it came out, and Brickmerge mentioned that the product will be released as a promotion in September.

19 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Speaking of new City products, shouldn't the list for Winter 2023 sets be coming out soon? 

Good thing I got the school set before it hit oblivion. 

Information on City products for 2023 is likely to come out around September, just like last year.

If there are any September/October themes/sets, there's probably more info about those in July like past few years.

Ski Resort 2019 had first official picture ~20 July 2019.

Main Square 2020 had first official picture ~31 July 2020.

Stuntz 2021 was an October wave but found earlier in June in a catalog, official pictures at the start of July.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, LCP said:

Information on City products for 2023 is likely to come out around September, just like last year.

No, we found out about info around July 4th last year. 

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No, we found out about info around July 4th last year. 

The list came out then, but the exact information came out Sept.

1 hour ago, LCP said:

The list came out then, but the exact information came out Sept.

Gotcha, thanks. 

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Stuntz 2021 was an October wave but found earlier in June in a catalog, official pictures at the start of July.

Yeah i remember that Stuntz subtheme but it was delayed to October for some reason. I can’t remember the oringal release date.