Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

This year, the 2022 Lego City Series has been unveiled except for 30587, 40578, and foil packs, so it is time to create a separate forum for new Lego City products in 2023.

1 hour ago, LCP said:

This year, the 2022 Lego City Series has been unveiled except for 30587, 40578, and foil packs, so it is time to create a separate forum for new Lego City products in 2023.

2020 was kinda boring. 2021 was awesome though. Then 2022 comes and it is awesomER. So with that being said, I expect 2023 to be spectacular. 

35 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

2020 was kinda boring. 2021 was awesome though. Then 2022 comes and it is awesomER. So with that being said, I expect 2023 to be spectacular. 

Sets itself, I can't really complain, there's a lot of choice, and more buildings then before and wider subjects like schools, parks, beaches etc formerly mostly confined to just Friends.

Value is a bit hit or miss depending on subject/region.

Mission sets are my favorite new type of set introduced for 2022, and I do hope they continue next year, and expanded to subjects like Construction, Mining, Arctic etc.

But the way the LEGO as a company is going currently isn't the best of ways.

I know this varies a lot per country, but currently City has like way too many exclusives, 2 out of 3 train sets,  farm sets, purple fairground truck, 2021 car transporter, horse transporter, picnic, and for a while rocket launch base as well.

That said, it's not a City thing only, but overall the amount of exclusive sets are certainly increasing across themes, including themes that used to never had any exclusives, now even 3-in-1 has a few limited sold sets. 

Before 2020 it was only some of the larger sets, now it's small sets too, and not just polybags or minifig packs.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, LCP said:

Ehh i don’t think it’s time for a new thread to be created yet  not until leaks turn up….

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

And you may set yourself for disappointment. 

So far, that's the info they have, but the writer does say LEGO might extend products as they have done before and End of Life lists did get updated as December got closer.

I wouldn't worry yet. I usually look at Brickset for a double-confirmation, as they usually do list a known set end date if it's close. (some 2021 ninjago sets are due to retire on July 31st)

Edited by TeriXeri

11 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

So far, that's the info they have, but the writer does say LEGO might extend products as they have done before and End of Life lists did get updated as December got closer.

I wouldn't worry yet. I usually look at Brickset for a double-confirmation, as they usually do list a known set end date if it's close. (some 2021 ninjago sets are due to retire on July 31st)

Yeah agreed. I mean, adding Chicken Coop, Veggie Van, and Grocery sets to EOL list already sound very sketchy. I won’t trust StoneWars’ “list” yet. We don’t have any evidence why they are not sold that wll until later. 

Just picked up my chicken coup! 

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Sets itself, I can't really complain, there's a lot of choice, and more buildings then before and wider subjects like schools, parks, beaches etc formerly mostly confined to just Friends.

Yes Sir! We've also got three buildings to represent the three main first responders ....and a bank too - which I'm still trying to find a good deal on. Yup! 2021 and 2022 are definitely the years for town planning. 

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Just picked up my chicken coup! 

Can you let me know what is your thought on this coop set? :)

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Can you let me know what is your thought on this coop set? :)

I tell you what! It's a pretty good little build to either add to your farm or to just randomly stick in your town. I love the piece where you can pull the eggs out that the hens lay and you can put those in the basket on the ATV which, I love rhs wobbly action there btw. Great Job Lego! 

Chicken Coop looks like a pretty fun set indeed.

The build itself could easily have been done with less then half the parts , but in this case LEGO didn't use 2-3 high bricks but 1x1 round instead with arches.

Also the roof is 4 2x3 slopes, and not just a simple 4x6 topper piece (something like this)

6016451.jpg

Considering it's 5+, it's pretty good parts wise.

Turning Wheels also add a little bit extra to the set.

6325271.jpg

Eggs are of course huge compared to chicken, but considering the eggs and egg splat piece in the command center vehicle with a Farmer Snake Rattler, the large eggs make sense here.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I tell you what! It's a pretty good little build to either add to your farm or to just randomly stick in your town. I love the piece where you can pull the eggs out that the hens lay and you can put those in the basket on the ATV which, I love rhs wobbly action there btw. Great Job Lego! 

Nice! Thanks for sharing your positive opinion on this coop set!

I only wish that this coop set comes with a new rooster mold. Oh well. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nice! Thanks for sharing your positive opinion on this coop set!

I only wish that this coop set comes with a new rooster mold. Oh well. 

Yeah! A rooster mold would definaltey be in shut up and take my money turf. 

24 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Chicken Coop looks like a pretty fun set indeed.

The build itself could easily have been done with less then half the parts , but in this case LEGO didn't use 2-3 high bricks but 1x1 round instead with arches.

Also the roof is 4 2x3 slopes, and not just a simple 4x6 topper piece (something like this)

6016451.jpg

Considering it's 5+, it's pretty good parts wise.

Turning Wheels also add a little bit extra to the set.

6325271.jpg

Eggs are of course huge compared to chicken, but considering the eggs and egg splat piece in the command center vehicle with a Farmer Snake Rattler, the large eggs make sense here.

Ooooh yes! Certain pieces stand out to me. For some sets, I find myself just buying them for part expansion. The new torsos are what stand out to me. Adds more flavor to farming being treated more like a legit industry (which it is). 

Just in case if you don’t know that - farm polybag only has white rabbit, not a light gray one, due to render issue. So…a white rabbit is boring. :(

28 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! A rooster mold would definaltey be in shut up and take my money turf. 

Ooooh yes! Certain pieces stand out to me. For some sets, I find myself just buying them for part expansion. The new torsos are what stand out to me. Adds more flavor to farming being treated more like a legit industry (which it is). 

Interesing enough, $10 set only has two new monkey molds last year (from Wildlife Rescue subtheme). But no new animal molds for this coop set. I think it would be great to include a rooster in it!

and i think chickens are in new color!

Hi all, does the size of the ferris wheel in the Creator set 31119 go well with other city buildings in proportion? I am thinking about getting 31119 but if it's too big or too small then I'll just skip it without any problem.

Edited by ks6349

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Hi all, does the size of the ferris wheel in the Creator set 31119 go well with other city buildings in proportion? I am thinking about getting 31119 but if it's too big or too small then I'll just skip it without any problem.

@TeriXeri, i think you may be 3-in-1 Creator guy. 

I don't have 31119, so can't compare side by side, but the description says it's 27 cm high.

In comparison, the description of the 2022 Police Station also says 27 cm high.

I did measure the 2022 Police Station and it's about 20 cm to the roof, so LEGO does count the 7 cm of antenna as extra height.

If a minifig is 4cm and 2 meter tall in theory, and ease of numbers, that'd make the Police Station 10 meters tall (about right for 3 floor building). Ferris wheel would be somewhere 12-14 meters which is about a right with only 1 minifig in each cabin in the LEGO set.

The thing with ferris wheels is that they range in a lot of sizes, and this 3-in-1 is definately not trying to be one of those 100 meter tall rides, there's not really a Standard height.

It's on the small side but there are even smaller kids ferris wheel in real life, LEGO had a small 4 car open wheel ride in 31095 as an alt build : 

31095_alt6.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't have 31119, so can't compare side by side, but the description says it's 27 cm high.

In comparison, the description of the 2022 Police Station also says 27 cm high.

I did measure the 2022 Police Station and it's about 20 cm to the roof, so LEGO does count the 7 cm of antenna as extra height.

If a minifig is 4cm and 2 meter tall in theory, and ease of numbers, that'd make the Police Station 10 meters tall (about right for 3 floor building). Ferris wheel would be somewhere 12-14 meters which is about a right with only 1 minifig in each cabin in the LEGO set.

The thing with ferris wheels is that they range in a lot of sizes, and this 3-in-1 is definately not trying to be one of those 100 meter tall rides, there's not really a Standard height.

It's on the small side but there are even smaller kids ferris wheel in real life, LEGO had a small 4 car open wheel ride in 31095 as an alt build : 

31095_alt6.jpg

Thanks for the information, but after looking at the details carefully, I think I'll skip it

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just in case if you don’t know that - farm polybag only has white rabbit, not a light gray one, due to render issue. So…a white rabbit is boring. :(

Interesing enough, $10 set only has two new monkey molds last year (from Wildlife Rescue subtheme). But no new animal molds for this coop set. I think it would be great to include a rooster in it!

and i think chickens are in new color!

farm polybag? What is the set number?

two new money molds last year? Did you mean 60300? I don't find any monkey in the new henhouse

14 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

farm polybag? What is the set number?

two new money molds last year? Did you mean 60300? I don't find any monkey in the new henhouse

Yeah there is a farm polybag but I need to look for set number for that. 

Yes, 60300 is what I am talking about.   Why should monkeys be included in the new chicken coop set? What, monkeys would throw eggs at farmer and cause havoc? 

9 hours ago, ks6349 said:

He was comparing the smallest set in each of the two consecutive (animal-featuring) years’ City waves 

9 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Picked up the Grocery Store today, really fun build.

It seems like every continent has it in stores but North America. 

8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

It seems like every continent has it in stores but North America. 

I guess distribution sucks in North America? 

13 hours ago, williejm said:

He was comparing the smallest set in each of the two consecutive (animal-featuring) years’ City waves 

Correct.